I spy with my little eye...Navigator from LA edition

39 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Wow!! I saw those crazy low deals last night too man, I refreshed a few times to make sure it wasn't an error LOL. What a great deal you scored, congrats! $2400 for 7 days in a GS? Yes please. I would've booked that as well but we have Navigator in December 2021 (sailing with you!) and Symphony in February 2022 for my birthday and first time to Perfect day at CocoCay! Next time! Will this be your first time to the Mexican Riviera @mpoole3?

We scored a J3 Junior Suite on the 12/6 sailing for $2600. Now it's $2950.

It sure is 7 days! Crazy deal!  See you 12/6 I booked ocean balcony B2B2B. 

6 minutes ago, mpoole3 said:

It sure is 7 days! Crazy deal!  See you 12/6 I booked ocean balcony B2B2B. 

I need to get me on a B2B and then B2B2B... I am sort of tempted to book the 3-night before our 4-night on 12/6... lol... 

3 nights just solo... and then 4-nights with the fam/kiddo! Then off to Disneyland!!

9 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

Booked a Grand Suite for March 18th 2022 at $2,400 last night around 10pm PST.  This morning it was going for $8,000 and I just checked again and it's a little over $6,000.

I am so happy RCI is being bold and aggressive in pricing and hopefully follow through with an aggressive marketing tactic for the West Coast Market. I used to work in management for McDonnell-Douglas. Boeing sold more planes by being bold and aggressive with pricing and advertising. Results? Boeing bought out MDCorp. I retired from Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas. 
There is a lot of $$$ in those hills waiting for a targeted marketing campaign. Fight! RC fights and RC wins. 

Mpoole3, those prices were definitely aggressive. I looked at those 3/18/22 suites and was trying to decide between the GS, GT, or OS. Eventually, my choice was to go bold like RCL's pricing and decided on the OS. While the agent doing some typing putting my order in the system, I accidentally hit the 3/25/22 week during a refresh and saw the RS for just hundreds of dollars more. When the agent came back on the phone, I asked him if the 3/25 RS was still available at the price and switched to it.

Dang it. Now I will be getting on when you are getting off.
If we were on the same cruise I would have thrown a party in the RS on a sea day and had a group in.

I was so very concerned Royal Caribbean might be cautious by resting on their name for being the best, or worse yet, tentative in attacking the West Coast Market. The West Coast market is 'ripe for the picking' with an aggressive marketing campaign. I know, I have stood in those other market lines to board at Long Beach and heard random people talk. Looks like they are going after that other large line. I love it!

If Royal was to bring an Oasis or Quantum class they would so outclass 'that other line's' large 'Pan...' that RC would hand down win that route. Do a Coco (that already has name ID by the well known WC restaurant)  on the West Coast and go north from LA as well? Game Over.

Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

31 minutes ago, LifesEz said:

If Royal was to bring an Oasis or Quantum class they would so outclass 'that other line's' large 'Pan...' that RC would hand down win that route. Do a Coco (that already has name ID by the well known WC restaurant)  on the West Coast and go north from LA as well? Game Over.

Catalina is an island.  Maybe RC can buy it ? 

Coco Catalina.

Think some locals might have something to say about that though...

Just when I thought there was nothing to add to this thread, CruiseWatch.com just sent me a price drop notice on Navigator of the Seas, March 2022 (I have March 25 7-Nights out of Port of Los Angeles to Cabo, Mazatlan & Vallarta).

Except the price drop is for 3-Nights & 4-Nights out of Ft Lauderdale to Bahamas.
And here we thought that ability to be cruising in two places at once was a mistake.
Funny the Caribbean Cruises are not on the RC website. 
I bet those are price drops to their lowest ever. Just like CruiseWatch.com claims.  ?1891572691_ScreenShot2021-04-20at7_42_11PM.thumb.png.ca5e2defac818b774b92300df4ca2d02.png

On 4/15/2021 at 6:14 AM, LifesEz said:

I am so happy RCI is being bold and aggressive in pricing and hopefully follow through with an aggressive marketing tactic for the West Coast Market. I used to work in management for McDonnell-Douglas. Boeing sold more planes by being bold and aggressive with pricing and advertising. Results? Boeing bought out MDCorp. I retired from Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas. 
There is a lot of $$$ in those hills waiting for a targeted marketing campaign. Fight! RC fights and RC wins. 

Mpoole3, those prices were definitely aggressive. I looked at those 3/18/22 suites and was trying to decide between the GS, GT, or OS. Eventually, my choice was to go bold like RCL's pricing and decided on the OS. While the agent doing some typing putting my order in the system, I accidentally hit the 3/25/22 week during a refresh and saw the RS for just hundreds of dollars more. When the agent came back on the phone, I asked him if the 3/25 RS was still available at the price and switched to it.

Dang it. Now I will be getting on when you are getting off.
If we were on the same cruise I would have thrown a party in the RS on a sea day and had a group in.

I was so very concerned Royal Caribbean might be cautious by resting on their name for being the best, or worse yet, tentative in attacking the West Coast Market. The West Coast market is 'ripe for the picking' with an aggressive marketing campaign. I know, I have stood in those other market lines to board at Long Beach and heard random people talk. Looks like they are going after that other large line. I love it!

Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

One of my good friends is on the 3/18 sailing with me and actually has the RS booked! So I'll be sending you pictures all week, then I'll be crying for a week! 

I'm kinda upset I didn't just book the OS for only $3200 - when else will I get an OS for that price, never!  

6 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

One of my good friends is on the 3/18 sailing with me and actually has the RS booked! So I'll be sending you pictures all week, then I'll be crying for a week! 

I'm kinda upset I didn't just book the OS for only $3200 - when else will I get an OS for that price, never!  

Did you at least get a JS for the double double points?

@Matt has vowed to fly past you in CAS points, taking advantage of your family man status.  Are you seriously going to let him beat you?!?!

8 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

Then congratulation to your friend. Your friend got a great deal and just beat me to it.

At 11 pm PST on that late night of the opening hour for non-agents to book, I was looking at the 3/18 and talking with the agent for OS 1628 right next door. While the agent was entering the data I accidentally went into the 3/25 bookings and saw the RS cost was only a few hundred per person more and shifted to 3/25. (I have the Allure Transatlantic to Barcelona 4/24/22 and wanted a little more distance between the cruises)

By early morning when I woke and thought about doing a B2B the cost of the 3/18 OS was still a bargain, but more than my 3/25 RS.

The 7-Night price for the RS on 3/18 & 3/25 had to be about the same, so I know just how much your friend got a great deal. Had the 3/18 RS been open I would have grabbed it. Had the 3/25 RS not been available, I would have been their neighbor and 3 of us would have been on that cruise.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Did you at least get a JS for the double double points?

@Matt has vowed to fly past you in CAS points, taking advantage of your family man status.  Are you seriously going to let him beat you?!?!

I ended up booking a Grand Suite.   

Matt has no chance in passing me up, unless he booked a suite for his B2B on Adventure then I'm in trouble!

Double points are so awesome! I am nowhere near you guys in the C&A status, currently Gold with 17 points ?

Am I understanding correctly that if we have any Suite booked (Jr suite and above) we basically are getting 4x the points non-Suite folks would get? So I have a 4-nighter booked in a JS, instead of 8 points I would get 16, and on a 7-nighter I would get 28 points? We got 2 Jr Suite booked and 1 Crown loft booked between now and Feb 2023!

I was talking to my wife and we've decided to focus on being Loyal to Royal going forward, we love their ships and what they are all about ?

26 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Double points are so awesome! I am nowhere near you guys in the C&A status, currently Gold with 17 points ?

Am I understanding correctly that if we have any Suite booked (Jr suite and above) we basically are getting 4x the points non-Suite folks would get? So I have a 4-nighter booked in a JS, instead of 8 points I would get 16, and on a 7-nighter I would get 28 points? We got 2 Jr Suite booked and 1 Crown loft booked between now and Feb 2023!

I was talking to my wife and we've decided to focus on being Loyal to Royal going forward, we love their ships and what they are all about ?

Double points with a few qualifiers like when it was made and that your C&As were on the booking to my understanding. You can read about it on the RC C&A page. It is why I am in a suite on all 5 cruises I have booked. (Total 41 Nights x Suite (2x2=4) = 164 points)

17+16+28= 61. Another 5-Nights in a Suite (2x2x5) should do it if correct.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society

1 hour ago, LifesEz said:

Double points with a few qualifiers like when it was made and that your C&As were on the booking to my understanding. You can read about it on the RC C&A page. It is why I am in a suite on all 5 cruises I have booked. (Total 41 Nights x Suite (2x2=4) = 164 points)

17+16+28= 61. Another 5-Nights in a Suite (2x2x5) should do it if correct.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society

Nice!! Thanks for the info ?

On 4/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, twangster said:

Los Angeles is also that much closer to Mexico compared to more Northern CA ports so it's easier to pop down to Ensenada on a 3 night cruise.   That makes for an economical voyage and that means less expensive cruise fares.

I prefer the Long Beach airport when flying in to cruise, much more relaxed experience.

Hoping the Queen Mary hotel is able to reopen.  What an awesome way to kick off a cruise.

Don't think Queen Mary will open anytime soon.. (2) Bankrupt - RMS Queen Mary - YouTube

7 hours ago, twangster said:

I've been following along.  Such a shame.  

Puts the city in a pickle doesn't it?

Yes it does, was planning to stay there pre cruise but after watching the video we'll just do the tour if it's even open which is doubtful.