Is CocoCay worth it without the passes?

CrimsonCruiser

I'm looking at possible back-up cruises in case our 8-night in September gets cancelled or changed and am wondering if CocoCay is really worth visiting for someone like my mom and I?

While I would enjoy the water slides, I can't justify the cost for just myself for just a couple hours and my mom isn't interested in them at all. On top of that, my mom might be up for lounging beside a pool or at the beach for a bit but not for hours on end, especially without a cabana (and again...those costs ?).

So...is CocoCay worth a visit for people like us?

There are numerous free things to do that are centric to a beach type getaway.  Free loungers and umbrellas on the beach or by the freshwater pool.  

You don't have to spend money to enjoy or explore CocoCay, the thrill waterpark is just once small area but the overall concept is a beach or pool type day.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

There are numerous free things to do that are centric to a beach type getaway.  Free loungers and umbrellas on the beach or by the freshwater pool.  

You don't have to spend money to enjoy or explore CocoCay, the thrill waterpark is just once small area but the overall concept is a beach or pool type day.  

Totally agree with this. We bought the waterpark tickets but only really used it for an hour - majority of the time was spent chilling with a drink.. (or 5).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I'm looking at possible back-up cruises in case our 8-night in September gets cancelled or changed and am wondering if CocoCay is really worth visiting for someone like my mom and I?

While I would enjoy the water slides, I can't justify the cost for just myself for just a couple hours and my mom isn't interested in them at all. On top of that, my mom might be up for lounging beside a pool or at the beach for a bit but not for hours on end, especially without a cabana (and again...those costs ?).

So...is CocoCay worth a visit for people like us?

We went twice on Symphony and bought a cabana cause we were afraid of not having places to park ourselves under an umbrella- there was SO much room and no one had a hard time finding a spot to relax in a nice chair under an umbrella. We spent a lot of time in the oasis lagoon sitting on the back benches and floating around. 

Coco Cay is an amazing place that can be enjoyed without spending a dime...tons of chairs, beach/pool umbrellas, free food, etc. The Oasis Lagoon pool alone is worth enjoying by itself...the selection of beaches are awesome...free food choices abound. Just a wonderful day off the ship.