xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 19, 2021 ROLL CALL

Matt

Considering bailing off of this cruise, no concerns about it or the protocols but having a hard time getting anyone to go with me and feeling considerably less excited about going solo as it actually comes down to it.

Will see in the next couple of days.

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Considering bailing off of this cruise, no concerns about it or the protocols but having a hard time getting anyone to go with me and feeling considerably less excited about going solo as it actually comes down to it.

Will see in the next couple of days.

Going solo can be a lot of fun. You get to do what you want, when you want. 

You could do a live blog in the live blog forum and use that as a way to share the experience and keep yourself engaged. 

On 5/30/2021 at 4:52 PM, dswallow said:

We're beginning to see a few things appear in the app, and a new one appears to confirm Day 2 is one of the formal nights.

Screenshot_20210530-165617_Royal.thumb.jpg.eccbfbdf9e1de0b11555e5cab1368b27.jpg

Where do you find that on the app?  I'm looking around like a lost puppy here.  lol

1 hour ago, seetheworldAli said:

Where do you find that on the app?  I'm looking around like a lost puppy here.  lol

When you load up the app, click on Daily Planner at bottom

2 hours ago, seetheworldAli said:

Under the "Daily Planner" part of the screen that's initially show at the bottom of the page there's a blue box saying "Start getting excited" at the top. Touch that to open the window I posted above and then scroll up in that window to see info about attire. And in that window you can move day by day to see each; some days still don't have a designated casual/formal declaration.

Screenshot_20210601-120140_Royal.thumb.jpg.a32f6e136770e05e5b7cd0da2e1d2c90.jpg

4 hours ago, dswallow said:

Under the "Daily Planner" part of the screen that's initially show at the bottom of the page there's a blue box saying "Start getting excited" at the top. Touch that to open the window I posted above and then scroll up in that window to see info about attire. And in that window you can move day by day to see each; some days still don't have a designated casual/formal declaration.

Screenshot_20210601-120140_Royal.thumb.jpg.a32f6e136770e05e5b7cd0da2e1d2c90.jpg

Mine does not say start getting excited.  Mine says hints and tips.  Also, my health tab went away.  Yikes! I tried to log out and log back in. Nothing changed.  Strange.

2 hours ago, seetheworldAli said:

Mine does not say start getting excited.  Mine says hints and tips.  Also, my health tab went away.  Yikes! I tried to log out and log back in. Nothing changed.  Strange.

It appears they're only populating the 6/12/2021 sailing with the detailed info for the planner right now. You can switch over to that even if you're not booked on it by going to the page where you select the booking, scrolling to the bottom, and follow the links for seeing what ships support the app, picking Adventure of the Seas, the picking the 6/12/2021 sail date.

Hi Everyone, 

This is the first cruise we've ever taken. I've got to say I'm more apprehensive than excited about it. No one seems to know what's going on when I call Royal Caribbean or the travel agent (Costco). We were told we would get an email with all the details 30 days prior to the cruse, so far nothing.  My main concern is getting back to the US after the cruise, if we test positive for some reason. They are supposed to cover it, but given what I've seen so far I'm apprehensive. Hoping I don't regret this trip. 

My question is, how are folks getting from the Airport to the Boat at Nassau. I called RC, and they at first didn't know what dock, etc. they would be leaving from. They said they could pick us up for $40. Is it worth it, or are there a lot of shuttles that would take us to British Colonial Hilton ? 

Another question is did RC give any guidance about filling out the Health Visa. There didn't seem to be a good match for all the options when I was looking to fill it out. 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Rob of the Sea said:

Hi Everyone, 

This is the first cruise we've ever taken. I've got to say I'm more apprehensive than excited about it. No one seems to know what's going on when I call Royal Caribbean or the travel agent (Costco). We were told we would get an email with all the details 30 days prior to the cruse, so far nothing.  My main concern is getting back to the US after the cruise, if we test positive for some reason. They are supposed to cover it, but given what I've seen so far I'm apprehensive. Hoping I don't regret this trip. 

My question is, how are folks getting from the Airport to the Boat at Nassau. I called RC, and they at first didn't know what dock, etc. they would be leaving from. They said they could pick us up for $40. Is it worth it, or are there a lot of shuttles that would take us to British Colonial Hilton ? 

Another question is did RC give any guidance about filling out the Health Visa. There didn't seem to be a good match for all the options when I was looking to fill it out. 

Thanks! 

The transfer from the airport to the British Colonial Hilton, where Royal Caribbean will handle check-in, is $20 per person each way if you want round-trip. They'll take your luggage directly to the ship from the airport, and you and your carryon items to the checkin area at the hotel. You could take a taxi. Taxi rates in The Bahamas are regulated. From the airport to the British Colonial Hilton for up to 2 people, and up to 2 bags total, would be $32 + a recommended 15% gratuity.

I'd suggest the shuttle/transfer simply because then Royal Caribbean is looking for you. Unless you were arriving a day or more early or wanted to do something else first, that's the simplest approach, especially for your first experience. ?

As many of these issues arise I've tried to keep some amount of record of them to share with people, and you'll find that at Adventure of the Seas, 6/19/2021 (2150.com), and some other useful links.

At that link above, go to the Nassau port info link, and there I have some helpful info about how to complete the Bahamas Health Visa application, including what to put in the form everywhere.

Royal Caribbean will be doing Antigen tests on the last days aboard the cruise, which is what you need to fly back to the US. The Bahamas Health Visa includes quarantine insurance coverage in the event you end up stuck and need to stay for some period because of a positive test. So you might look over that part of the info too so you're familiar with it. In addition Royal Caribbean has made similar assurances about one way or another assisting in this process if you test positive. This info is buried through the current Health info they have online and was part of the Adventure FAQ released when these sailings first went on sale (it's also part of the info in the page I linked earlier).

The latest communications from Royal Caribbean about when we'll get the final protocols (really aimed at those on the 6/12/2021 sailing, but would be applicable to later ones as well) came on 5/28/2021 and looked like this, so we really expect it today or tomorrow. It is, as you noted, getting close. ?

ShareInfo_2021_05_28.thumb.jpg.d72febf98d53b5913928f35397ab3d13.jpg

I am actually a little relived Royal called me last week to let me know I would have to cxl due to the age going from 18 to 16.  I hope it's smooth sailing for the second voyage because the first one is going to be a bathroom show.  

I just got some wind of how the Flowrider will operate.  All I can say is "STUPID".  I know we don't have many who ride the Flowrider on this blog, but it will be real interesting to hear about all of the crazy rules when the first ship comes back.

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

I just got some wind of how the Flowrider will operate.  All I can say is "STUPID".  I know we don't have many who ride the Flowrider on this blog, but it will be real interesting to hear about all of the crazy rules when the first ship comes back.

What did you hear?

10 hours ago, RyanS said:

What did you hear?

It was on FB, and it was mentioned, shall I say mentioned again, that the amount of times one could ride the Flow per day is once.  Let's hope this is not the case but the source of the info seems to be legit   . 

From the way the Port of Nassau looks on the web cam, it looks like they will be cutting it close to welcome the first ship sailing a week from tomorrow.  Use the Paradise Island cam as the other one isn't oscillating!

13 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

From the way the Port of Nassau looks on the web cam, it looks like they will be cutting it close to welcome the first ship sailing a week from tomorrow.  Use the Paradise Island cam as the other one isn't oscillating!

Very little of the infrastructure they're building at the port is anything related to our sailings; that's construction that was always intended to be going on until sometime in 2022, and primarily for port visits not port departures. There's a temporary open-air structure that is supposed to be getting used, presumably for security screening of luggage being taken to the ship; maybe for people, too. Otherwise everything's being done just up the street a bit at the British Colonial Hilton for check-in.

8 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Very little of the infrastructure they're building at the port is anything related to our sailings; that's construction that was always intended to be going on until sometime in 2022, and primarily for port visits not port departures. There's a temporary open-air structure that is supposed to be getting used, presumably for security screening of luggage being taken to the ship; maybe for people, too. Otherwise everything's being done just up the street a bit at the British Colonial Hilton for check-in.

I like the way you are staying Positive.  I tell my children all the time PMA(Positive Mental Attitude)

I’m on hold with Royal for the second time now-the first was the moment the protocols came out last night.  

My passport expires 4m 2d after return which by all US and Bahamas, and American Airlines rules is ok, even Mexico is ok, but Royal’s protocol says 6m after return date.  I already had/have a passport appt on 7/3 with my kids that was already set but can’t get a sooner one even in DC or Atlanta.

I was approved for my Health Visa and entered this info for check in too...

I'll be calling to try to get an urgent appt anywhere in the US I can to get the passport renewed but we did thorough research to ensure it was ok at the time of booking since I wouldn't have gotten it even then using expedited service.  

The rep from Royal told me last night that regardless if I got to Nassau, they 'could' (no definate) deny me boarding the ship.  I just need a straight answer.  I was supposed to get an expedited call today but nothing yet, although granted, the day is only half done.

Any advice from anyone?

16 hours ago, Matt said:

There are some ways to expedite a passport renewal within 72 hours.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

Screenshot (96).png

Trust me, I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow. There’s no online offerings. I will go wherever they say I have to go… My boss is even already aware... if I have to fly to LA for the day so be it.  My hope is that I can get an appointment in DC because that’s pretty easy drive for me.

24 minutes ago, BrendaB said:

Trust me, I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow. There’s no online offerings. I will go wherever they say I have to go… My boss is even already aware... if I have to fly to LA for the day so be it.  My hope is that I can get an appointment in DC because that’s pretty easy drive for me.

You could almost certainly do this in DC, if you can get an appointment.  There are also services that do this - they are not cheap.  I googled for NC and saw this one.  It may be worth giving them a call.  There may be others.  Good luck!

@Matt- This may be a good topic for a blog post. You may have done one already but it is an easy mistake to make.

Charlotte Passport Expediting Services; Get a Passport Fast in Charlotte (passportsandvisas.com)

5 hours ago, wordell1 said:

This may be a good topic for a blog post. You may have done one already but it is an easy mistake to make.

I agree, a post to consider down the line. With covid some of these agencies may still be getting back.

I'd also caution they really are for emergencies, and it is much better to do it the old fashioned way.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 19, 2021 ROLL CALL