Royal Caribbean Blog

Adventure of the Seas June 19, 2021 ROLL CALL

Matt

46 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

If Royal were to adopt some of the new protocols that were just announced for Celebrity, what happens to families that have a 16 y/o that didn't have to be vaccinated but now do, there is no vaccine that will give them the two weeks after the second dose for cruises that leave in June.

I actually thought the same thing.  That could definitely cause some issues for some.

12 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

If Royal were to adopt some of the new protocols that were just announced for Celebrity, what happens to families that have a 16 y/o that didn't have to be vaccinated but now do, there is no vaccine that will give them the two weeks after the second dose for cruises that leave in June.

Great question, not sure.

It's really only an issue for the June 12 Adventure cruise but it is an interesting question.

For June 19 there was enough time.  Pfizer was approved for 12+ on May 12.  

June 19 minus 2 weeks = June 5.

Three weeks between shots.

June 5 minus 3 weeks = May 15.

Given the timing one would understand if Royal treated the June 12 cruise based on the rules that would allow for eligible guests to become vaccinated in time. 

In this case 16+ for the June 12 cruise, 12+ for all other cruises.

Perhaps they'll provide an extra grace week.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It's really only an issue for the June 12 Adventure cruise but it is an interesting question.

For June 19 there was enough time.  Pfizer was approved for 12+ on May 12.  

June 19 minus 2 weeks = June 5.

Three weeks between shots.

June 5 minus 3 weeks = May 15.

Given the timing one would understand if Royal treated the June 12 cruise based on the rules that would allow for eligible guests to become vaccinated in time. 

In this case 16+ for the June 12 cruise, 12+ for all other cruises.

No, because if they announce it today that it's 16 and over, the timing will not work!

Perhaps they will give people a grace period when they feel comfortable of getting the vaccine or having options.  Gosh, if they would give this thing called "options" how much confusion and flexibility it would provide.  

47 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Perhaps they will give people a grace period when they feel comfortable of getting the vaccine or having options.  Gosh, if they would give this thing called "options" how much confusion and flexibility it would provide.  

Upon further review...

From the Q and A kids under 18 should be okay.

Q. Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise? What documents count as proof of vaccination? How far in advance do I need to get my vaccine?

A. At this time, guests 18 years and older are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, along with all crew members onboard. Each guest must submit proof of vaccination no later than boarding day, in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or (2) the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination.

A vaccine requirement has been known to be a requirement from day one for Adventure.  All eligible guests must vaccinate.   That was stated right from the start.  

You forgot one IMPORTANT fact "18 and over" which you tried to correct yourself in a later post!

7 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

You forgot one IMPORTANT fact "18 and over" which you tried to correct yourself in a later post!

There is other marketing material where it states "all guests eligible to be vaccinated".

I was trying to help your cause by posting the FAQ.

I'm out.  See ya.

Even when these guidelines first came out, it was possible for people 16 and older to be vaccinated, yet they only appeared to provide an option to those 18 and older to use proof of vaccination. So I just chalk it up to an all-too-common case of whoever creates guidelines and protocols being a little inept. It's a skill to properly account for nuances like this and for whatever reason, people who typically are charged with creating public statements in larger corporations do not have even the slightest little pieces of this skill. And even when something is pointed out to them, they manage to update the guidelines and add yet more ambiguity somewhere. They are truly incapable of considering all the ways their statement could be interpreted or could end up not accounting for some combination of conditions.

So, all you can do is bring it up as a question, later, detailing the specific combination of things that were ignored in the original statement and see what they come up with.

The common-sense thing at this point because they've promoted it this way already is to simply allow people under 18 to use proof of vaccination OR RT-PCR test, and if they desire to require vaccination when vaccination is possible they need to set a date after which that is the case, and/or permit those who booked under the previous guidelines to be grandfathered in.

If it was deemed to be "safe enough" to let people under 18 simply test negative prior to sailing, then it should no less safe to permit them to alternately provide proof of vaccination instead.

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Sharing what we just received for the June 12, 2021 sailing...

Screenshot_20210521-223020_Outlook.thumb.jpg.0a454caf504a3c4212b7b52c2b8dff0a.jpg

The topic of children 16 or 17 years old needing to be vaccinated now but originally only needed negative tests came up in a couple other places I posted this. I sent an email to Aurora at RCCL to ask about it, and she responded saying "good point" and promised to get in touch with everyone in the next 48 hours, and says she'll do her best to make it right. So I'd give her a chance here before doing anything like canceling or rescheduling. She apologized, too, saying that these things have been getting written and rewritten so many times and still everything keeps changing.

If you're interested in dining packages, beverage packages, internet packages, photo packages, shore excursions or various gifts & gear, the next Cruise Planner sale has been scheduled for May 27, 2021 through June 2, 2021.

Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers_2021_05.25-16_04_27.thumb.jpg.b8a8bbf9bb1a1af393882b0d74e1028d.jpg

I'm so excited to be able to post finally!  Hi everyone!  My husband John and I can't wait to meet everyone!  We've had so many cancellations, rebooks, and disappoitments that this is MUCH needed!

I just got us all checked in with a 12pm-1230pm arrival time, now just to not so patiently wait.  My packing is mostly done and all reservations handled.  We'll be coming in noonish on 6/18 and staying at the Baha Mar.  I was thinking about getting a day pass at the Hilton as that's the assumed check in site but since we are down for a much earlier time than I thought, I may hold on that.

I'm a planner and can't really be content til I have it all done, so I can't wait to have all the info to input in my spreadsheets.  As this is hubs and mine first trip sans kiddos in a really long time, I look forward to truly relaxing!

My family of four, including two 20 year olds will be onboard!  Very very excited!!! We arrive the 18th and will be staying at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for a day before the cruise.  I realize this it may be subject to change, but does anyone know when the 1st (and 2nd) formal nights will likely to occur? Thinking of setting up a massage and hair appt before the 1st one.

2 hours ago, josassoc said:

My family of four, including two 20 year olds will be onboard!  Very very excited!!! We arrive the 18th and will be staying at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for a day before the cruise.  I realize this it may be subject to change, but does anyone know when the 1st (and 2nd) formal nights will likely to occur? Thinking of setting up a massage and hair appt before the 1st one.

Day 6 in the Main Dining Room includes Broiled Lobster Tail on the menu, which is usually the sign of the formal night. And it's been pretty common for the other to be Day 2. But there's currently nothing really around to confirm that yet. And it might make more sense for them to do it on Day 4 since that's a sea day. On the other hand, that would put the formal nights just 2 days apart.

See how confusing it gets trying to really predict? 🙂

Anyway, it's generally no longer a formal night anyway, but a "dress your best" night, so I think they'll probably stick to the common Day 2/Day 6 pattern of 7-night sailings.

We are staying at the Baha Mar coming in on Friday the 18th. I reached out today about transportation and this is what I got back...they didn’t answer all my questions but anyone coming in mid day the day before, also staying at Baja Mar, and want to split transport?

“Greetings from Grand Hyatt BahaMar!

For your transportation needs, a Luxury Style SUV can accommodate up to 4 people at the price of $77.50 one way or $155.00 round trip. For parties 5 or more require two vehicles at the cost of $155 one way and $310 round trip. This amount is billed to the guest’s room at check in.

To proceed with this option, we do need a few more pieces of information:
•           Guest’s full name, as noted on the reservation
•           Number of guests in your party
•           Car Seat yes/no (circle option)
•           Airline name
•           Flight number
•           Arrival time
•           Arrival Date
•           Room Reservation Number
•           Mobile Phone Number

If you would like to arrange roundtrip transportation, please provide your departure details: 
•           Airline Name
•           Flight Number
•           Departure Date
•           Departure Time

Once the guest exits the baggage claim area, please stop at the Baha Mar help desk for further assistance. Transportation must be cancelled at least 2 hours before schedule time. If cancelled after the two hour time period, the penalty will be the full cost.

As an additional transportation option taxis are available on arrival.  The cost is approximately $35-$65, each way.  Please note, this transportation method varies in cost based on amount of people and amount of luggage.  Also, taxis vary in condition and many do not take credit cards. Both US Dollar and Bahamian Dollars are accepted.

Regards,
Requel Major Baker
Concierge 

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
One Baha Mar Boulevard
Nassau, The Bahamas

Office: +1 242 788 8315
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 3:37 PM
To: NASGH-Shared MB-Concierge <[email protected]>
Subject: Transportation from airport

Cyber Security Reminder: Please use caution - message originated outside Hyatt. Forward suspicious messages to [email protected]

Good afternoon, 

We will be flying into Nassau on Friday, June 18 to stay for the night prior to a cruise the next day. We’d like to inquire on transportation options from the airport and also next day options to transfer over to the Colonial Hilton for check in for our cruise.

Thank you in advance for an assistance you can offer.

Brenda Boretti”

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

Day 6 in the Main Dining Room includes Broiled Lobster Tail on the menu, which is usually the sign of the formal night. And it's been pretty common for the other to be Day 2. But there's currently nothing really around to confirm that yet. And it might make more sense for them to do it on Day 4 since that's a sea day. On the other hand, that would put the formal nights just 2 days apart.

See how confusing it gets trying to really predict? 🙂

Anyway, it's generally no longer a formal night anyway, but a "dress your best" night, so I think they'll probably stick to the common Day 2/Day 6 pattern of 7-night sailings.

We're beginning to see a few things appear in the app, and a new one appears to confirm Day 2 is one of the formal nights.

Screenshot_20210530-165617_Royal.thumb.jpg.eccbfbdf9e1de0b11555e5cab1368b27.jpg

Formal Night:  Ugh! I was afraid of that. I did not want to dress up after Coco Cay days. So be it...

Baha Mar transportation: We have a party of 4 adults so we would probably not be an option for splitting. Sorry!