xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL

Well this is interesting.  I called earlier in the week to get a cheaper price.  

I went to make final payment today, saw my balance due is over $400 higher than it was on the invoice I got Monday.

Called to get a new invoice, the only difference between the two (including the total FCC applied) was suddenly my balance paid to date (via FCC) was over $400 less.

So after nearly an hour of the RC reps trying to figure out what happened, they found that some of my FCC money got dropped from the "amount paid" total since I called to get a price drop earlier in the week. And they re-added it and extended my final payment date 2 weeks to ensure the money got put back into the reservation by then.

So a lesson learned for all, if you booked a cruise with FCC then later got a price drop, be sure to keep an eye on your balance due.

So it looks like while in Cozumel, we will dock at the "SSA Mexico International Terminal". I believe that's the normal Royal Caribbean terminal, and not the one downtown.

Source: https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/royal-caribbean-set-to-make-first-return-dock-at-cozumel/2021.html?cn-reloaded=1

Any solo cruisers on this one? I haven't booked 6/12 yet but am tempted to do so, if I can get approval from the wifey... I feel like it would just be amazing to be on the first sailing from North America with so many of you along with other vloggers and bloggers, and document the whole experience. Plus I've never been to Perfect Day @ Cococay, was supposed to go last year but yeah... 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:34 AM, SKB said:

Hey, all.  Sharon here.  Traveling solo and can't wait to be aboard.  I have not received any emails like the survey above from RC.  I know they have my email because I receive notice of the FCC.  I am worried I will not see information on our upcoming sailing.  Have contacted RC and are assured they have the proper email.  Thank goodness for this blog.

Hi Sharon! I haven't booked yet but if I do and get signoff from the wifey I may come solo. How was your room rate around this time? I was looking at a balcony and it came out to $2400 for 1 person for 7 days. 

40 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Hi Sharon! I haven't booked yet but if I do and get signoff from the wifey I may come solo. How was your room rate around this time? I was looking at a balcony and it came out to $2400 for 1 person for 7 days. 

Im in a balcony solo and it was $2300 with fees/taxes/gratuities/insurance. I booked it on the release day.

1 hour ago, Plumlee2028 said:

Im in a balcony solo and it was $2300 with fees/taxes/gratuities/insurance. I booked it on the release day.

Good to know, thanks @Plumlee2028for the insight! I am guessing mine will be a bit more with insurance but that's okay, willing to spend whatever to get a decent room with fresh air on the first sailing back at sea! It would be an amazing experience!

2 hours ago, johnt83 said:

Any solo cruisers on this one? I haven't booked 6/12 yet but am tempted to do so, if I can get approval from the wifey... I feel like it would just be amazing to be on the first sailing from North America with so many of you along with other vloggers and bloggers, and document the whole experience. Plus I've never been to Perfect Day @ Cococay, was supposed to go last year but yeah... 

I'm solo on this sailing, and 6/19, 6/26 and then back a little later on the 9/4 and 9/11 sailings. 

Does anyone know which airlines still follow the "block middle seat" approach? Not sure how you physically distance on an airplane. If I end up coming I'd be coming from Seattle which isn't the shortest flight to say the least ? Hopefully being fully vaccinated helps but being around others who may or may not be vaccinated is of some concern of course.

3 hours ago, johnt83 said:

Does anyone know which airlines still follow the "block middle seat" approach? Not sure how you physically distance on an airplane. If I end up coming I'd be coming from Seattle which isn't the shortest flight to say the least ? Hopefully being fully vaccinated helps but being around others who may or may not be vaccinated is of some concern of course.

Delta is the last airline to block the middle seat and it expires on 4/30.  

6 hours ago, johnt83 said:

Flying has proven very safe throughout covid

FOMO got the best of us! I could hardly stand the thought of all of you having the exclusive BRAGGING RIGHTS of being on the first Caribbean Sailing in a year! So we are now Booked, Paid in Full, and airfare is ticketed - for this sail date. For the first time ever, we will be arriving "day of embarkation" which makes for a little anxiety, but the excitement factor is currently prevailing! #getmeonboard

24 minutes ago, Rich T said:

FOMO got the best of us! I could hardly stand the thought of all of you having the exclusive BRAGGING RIGHTS of being on the first Caribbean Sailing in a year! So we are now Booked, Paid in Full, and airfare is ticketed - for this sail date. For the first time ever, we will be arriving "day of embarkation" which makes for a little anxiety, but the excitement factor is currently prevailing! #getmeonboard

Thought you #wereonabudget? ? 

20 hours ago, johnt83 said:

Does anyone know if there is a vlogger/blogger/RCL blog meetup in the works? I'd love to have the opportunity to meet everyone... with elbow fist bumps ? 

@Matt may be working on pulling together a special Insiders event if possible for the sailing.  

On 4/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, johnt83 said:

Wow!! Are you getting closer to Pinnacle or already there?

On 4/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, twangster said:

That's a bunch of CAS points!

140 points from 5 sailings is a gift, for sure.

If the cruises I have booked actually all sail, I'll reach Pinnacle during a 1/31/2022 sailing which is the 7th one after these Adventure sailings. If US sailings at least open by November, I still have enough currently booked to reach Pinnacle, though they're all from NJ or Baltimore, which may again make it less likely. Realistically, I'm not holding my breath at the moment for that. I'm just racing to get what I can when I can at this point, and if the US doesn't open up by then I at least hope we'll see an extension of the Caribbean and Bermuda home porting, then I'll just move onto a ship for a month or two and work remotely. ?

On 3/25/2021 at 12:21 PM, wannabecruiseexpert said:

What time flights are you all choosing for return home?

On 3/24/2021 at 9:46 AM, Matt said:

If you're booked on this sailing, let's start planning here!

Excited to be sailing and this will be our first time on RCL! Looks like they have done a fantastic job getting things ready to sail.

I think that I have found my long lost brother. While the wife stays home I also solo Adventure June 12-19-26+Sept 4-11 making Pinnacle before our Nov 2021 Rhapsody. Our last cruise ended Feb of 2020 and since then we have had 20 cruises cancelled. We book, they cancel      we rebook, they recancel      we rerebook, they rerecancel  and so on. My only concern is there may be some problems with B2B bookings which is what they are trying to solve. Lets cross our fingers.

4 hours ago, Retired and Cruising said:

Going against the grain and we are flying in that morning from Miami (booked through Air2Sea).

You can't do worse than @John Blahnik's flight that gets in at like 5pm ?

4 hours ago, Retired and Cruising said:

was worried about having to stand out in the heat too long next to the Straw Market.

Me too. This plan sounds much better.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

If you think you have a tough commute to work, here is what it has taken for an Adventure crew member to get to the ship and get ready to welcome guests

At least he was able to look back on it all with a sense of humor. But that’s nuts that it took almost a month in total.

No mention from him about vaccination. I’m guessing given the multiple quarantines that he is not yet vaccinated, so I’m really curious how Royal will be handling that step before sailings start in June.

11 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

At least he was able to look back on it all with a sense of humor. But that’s nuts that it took almost a month in total.

No mention from him about vaccination. I’m guessing given the multiple quarantines that he is not yet vaccinated, so I’m really curious how Royal will be handling that step before sailings start in June.

I'm guessing that the company has either already secured their own supply of vaccine or that they will pull into FL at some point and get the crew vaccinated.  If they use JJ they only need 30 days.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL