xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL

Matt

There is at least one thing you can be certain of... nothing you do electronically via an app on a smartphone is mandatory for flying. It may be helpful. It may make things move along faster once you get to the airport. But nothing is mandatory. Everything you need to do to fly somewhere can be accomplished in person at the airport when you check-in. The only thing you need, is the same thing everyone has ever needed... knowledge of the required documents for your destination.

10 minutes ago, Plumlee2028 said:

Based upon what other experiences are, I may be wrong.  Its admittedly worded in multiple different ways throughout.    I didn't get this particular email, I went back and looked.  My interpretation of the email you got is the items above are required for boarding, not necessarily the step three (i know that is being pedantic on this, but thats what I think the intent was).  That said, I am doing my Verifly currently, so I suggest everyone ignore what I said and get it done to avoid some last minute headaches.  

Thanks, I totally appreciate your perspective on this, I can interpret the statement a few different ways now that I revisit it, which is why clear communication is so important, especially with important information. But I guess if the last few years has taught us, there really aren't consequences for just saying whatever you want to whomever you want. 

Now with the possibility of using VeriFly dashed, I'll take solace in that I have the Bahamas Health Visa and my vaccination card.

17 minutes ago, jrodri7 said:

Thanks, I totally appreciate your perspective on this, I can interpret the statement a few different ways now that I revisit it, which is why clear communication is so important, especially with important information. But I guess if the last few years has taught us, there really aren't consequences for just saying whatever you want to whomever you want. 

Now with the possibility of using VeriFly dashed, I'll take solace in that I have the Bahamas Health Visa and my vaccination card.

I just talked to Verifly customer service on the phone and they said "the app is NOT required and you can check in the traditional way."  I will say online check in may be blocked for people without it due to verification needs for the airline, but airport check in will still work.  My online check in window is an hour or so, ill report back.

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Heads up, everyone (vaccinated or not) will get getting an antigen test in the BCH.

Check your email for a registration link for your test

I just signed us up and it says we will need to present the email and the QR code. Does everyone else's email have the QR code because none of ours do?

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Heads up, everyone (vaccinated or not) will get getting an antigen test in the BCH.

Check your email for a registration link for your test

I just signed us up and it says we will need to present the email and the QR code. Does everyone else's email have the QR code because none of ours do?

29 minutes ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

The QR code for me didn't show up in the email, it was when I clicked on the link and signed into the site. It is the first document. 

11 minutes ago, Plumlee2028 said:

I just talked to Verifly customer service on the phone and they said "the app is NOT required and you can check in the traditional way."  I will say online check in may be blocked for people without it due to verification needs for the airline, but airport check in will still work.  My online check in window is an hour or so, ill report back.

I couldn’t do online check in this morning - I was anticipating that tho. ??‍♂️

I got an email for me, but not the other person in the room.  Are the registration emails coming separately for each passenger, or are people getting one email for everyone?

Edited by Plumlee2028
Answered previous question...New question arose.

After thinking about it, regardless of being vaccinated, I actually find some peace in the idea that RC is testing EVERYONE for COVID before boarding. Having an uninterrupted vacation is most important to me. Anyone who may be trying to sneak on with fake documentation will at least be tested before boarding. I'm good with that!

8 minutes ago, josassoc said:

After thinking about it, regardless of being vaccinated, I actually find some peace in the idea that RC is testing EVERYONE for COVID before boarding. Having an uninterrupted vacation is most important to me. Anyone who may be trying to sneak on with fake documentation will at least be tested before boarding. I'm good with that!

I totally agree with you. One of my conversations with VeriFly regarding my vaccination card was like, "Fix it and resubmit the documentation". I was like, "FIX IT?" holy crap, then it dawned on me, these things are easily manipulated. That's scary as hell. 

18 minutes ago, josassoc said:

So, you're vaccinated, you fly all the way down to the Bahamas, you or someone in your party tests positive and now get quarantined ? Hmm. What if its one of your kids ? Do they separate you ? Do you go on a cruse and your positive partner now stays and gets quarantined ? The tests can be faulty.  

15 minutes ago, Rob of the Sea said:

So, you're vaccinated, you fly all the way down to the Bahamas, you on someone in your party tests positive and now get quarantined ? Hmm. 

This is my vaccinated self putting on my mask right now. ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

RC says this is to give guests more peace of mind?

Um, no, now I worry about false positives totally ruining my vacation.

Definitely a concern. I would hope another test would be done to verify.

7 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Definitely a concern. I would hope another test would be done to verify.

Normal procedure was that if positive on an Antigen test, they'd follow up with a quick RT-PCR test, which has a far less likelihood of a false positive. So I wouldn't really be terribly worried, but it's clearly not for our peace of mind. ?

45 minutes ago, Rob of the Sea said:

So, you're vaccinated, you fly all the way down to the Bahamas, you or someone in your party tests positive and now get quarantined ? Hmm. What if its one of your kids ? Do they separate you ? Do you go on a cruse and your positive partner now stays and gets quarantined ? The tests can be faulty.  

If my wife tests positive and I have to leave her in the Bahamas and go it alone, do I get double C&A points? 

1 hour ago, Rob of the Sea said:

You know, you could learn what they'll do simply by reading the FAQ on the subject. Though maybe it might be questionable whether you need to read the Bahamas Health Visa FAQ or Royal Caribbean's protocols. ? They even define what a traveling party is so you don't have to be worried about your family getting split apart just because you're separate cabins.

Maybe the real question you want to ask is how you can make your partner test positive so you can travel solo?! ?

18 minutes ago, dswallow said:

You know, you could learn what they'll do simply by reading the FAQ on the subject. Though maybe it might be questionable whether you need to read the Bahamas Health Visa FAQ or Royal Caribbean's protocols. ? They even define what a traveling party is so you don't have to be worried about your family getting split apart just because you're separate cabins.

Maybe the real question you want to ask is how you can make your partner test positive so you can travel solo?! ?

True, but this is before you get on the ship. So I'm guessing that everyone in the party stays quarantined somewhere on land before you get to go back to the states. You now roll the dice twice here. Once to get on the ship, which is new for fully vaccinated people you didn't do this before, and once again to leave back to the states, which you already knew about. 

100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.

You've not boarded yet either, so the wording in this statement seems a little loose.. "During the cruse". You are going to have to quarantine to get back to the states, however if I was a lawyer it seems like this isn't "during the cruise" so this maybe opens a gap for the the accommodations to be at your expense. 

If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Travelling Party.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL