Jump to content

xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL


Matt
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Do you prefer Chops lunch or Windjammer on embarkation day? Any particular reason?

WIndjammer. Chops takes too long for my taste when it comes to embarkation day. I want to get around and explore, so I like to eat and get out much faster than I can at Chops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, uptheblues said:

I Can't board till three so Not sure if that works

 

I'm sure there will be plenty of food to enjoy onboard for you.  Since the ship isn't sailing until 9pm, I think they will modify Windjammer hours, plus you have other venues too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We prefer chops for lunch on Day 1 only because you avoid the hectic hordes anxious to get their cruise on by stampeding into the buffet and stuffing themselves as if they haven't eaten in a week.

 

Though for these cruises that likely won't be the issue due to capacity. Then again it'll be a whole different ballgame having to wait to be served on the buffet. I'll be curious if they keep all stations open as they tend to have some closed during all but peak times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very interesting communication I got this morning regarding drink vouchers. I realize this doesn't apply to even on the board, but I was curious - I read this to mean that in lieu of free drinks in the Diamond Lounge and 3 free drinks during happy hour at any bar we will just get these vouchers to use anywhere, anytime? 

I could also think that it means that in addition to the drinks during happy hour and at the Diamond Lounge they are giving vouchers to use anytime, anywhere. IF that is the case, my deluxe package is on shaky ground. 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.46.31 AM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Story to share (don't worry, it has a happy ending).

On Saturday I got a message from my travel agent that Royal Caribbean would not allow unvaccinated kids to do a back to back sailing on Adventure.  Vaccinated folks would be fine, but all of a sudden unvaccinated would not.

This made no sense, since the CDC said unvaccinated could do a B2B with testing, not to mention it wasn't yet written anywhere in the Adventure protocols.

Royal told my TA sorry, that's the new policy they just adopted.

roaring homer simpson GIF

I was pretty upset and had no idea how to approach this. Leave kids at home with wife? Cancel one sailing all together?

As it turns out, Royal decided to grant a waiver for anyone already booked on first three sailings.

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

I have yet to see this policy somewhere on Royal's side, but it was a tense few hours this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Story to share (don't worry, it has a happy ending).

On Saturday I got a message from my travel agent that Royal Caribbean would not allow unvaccinated kids to do a back to back sailing on Adventure.  Vaccinated folks would be fine, but all of a sudden unvaccinated would not.

This made no sense, since the CDC said unvaccinated could do a B2B with testing, not to mention it wasn't yet written anywhere in the Adventure protocols.

Royal told my TA sorry, that's the new policy they just adopted.

roaring homer simpson GIF

I was pretty upset and had no idea how to approach this. Leave kids at home with wife? Cancel one sailing all together?

As it turns out, Royal decided to grant a waiver for anyone already booked on first three sailings.

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

I have yet to see this policy somewhere on Royal's side, but it was a tense few hours this weekend.

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Why on earth would they not let kids on B2B?  That just makes no scientific sense.

 

Granted, there surely can't be that many kids on B2Bs to begin with

It really would seem there'd be almost no difference simply requiring a new negative Antigen test at the B2B point than it would be if the kid were boarding the sailing for the first time. I wonder what strange thing motivated someone to put that policy in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Sorry if it was already been asked , anyone know what kind of testing Royal going to do on the ship ? Is it PCR ?

 

 

For the Day 6 testing? Rapid Antigen tests; that's what The Bahamas needs for the Day 5 requirements for Bahamas Health Visa holders that used an RT-PCR test for entry, and that's what's acceptable by US airlines for travel back home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dswallow said:

It really would seem there'd be almost no difference simply requiring a new negative Antigen test at the B2B point than it would be if the kid were boarding the sailing for the first time. I wonder what strange thing motivated someone to put that policy in place.

I'm wondering if the CDC is making it an issue for US cruises.  I know it has been a CSO issue in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bahamas Health Visa cost for our teen was $60.00. We had the PCR done today and received the results lightening fast. We paid 95.00 for the quick return, so in total 40.00 each for myself and hubby to total 80.00 but 60.00 for teen with negative PCR. Just wanted to share with anyone sailing Saturday, the turn around from input to processing to approval & payment within 1 hour for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The pre-boarding test for those unvaccinated is rumored to be one of the newer rapid PCR tests

Fairly sure that's the secondary test for those unvaccinated who come back positive on the Antigen test. I can't see going to the extra per-test expense of the quick RT-PCR test for everyone. And it would definitely have to be one of the quick versions simply because the alternative wouldn't work particularly well in time for sailing. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Bahamas Health Visa cost for our teen was $60.00. We had the PCR done today and received the results lightening fast. We paid 95.00 for the quick return, so in total 40.00 each for myself and hubby to total 80.00 but 60.00 for teen with negative PCR. Just wanted to share with anyone sailing Saturday, the turn around from input to processing to approval & payment within 1 hour for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa. 

Where did you go for a $95 PCR test? That's actually an extremely reasonable cost for an immediate result with an RT-PCR test. Which surprises me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Fairly sure that's the secondary test for those unvaccinated who come back positive on the Antigen test. I can't see going to the extra per-test expense of the quick RT-PCR test for everyone. And it would definitely have to be one of the quick versions simply because the alternative wouldn't work particularly well in time for sailing. ?

That would make more sense, letting that be the verification test, not the screening test.  Even with the rapid PCR, it wouldn't be fun sitting around for an hour awaiting results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That would make more sense, letting that be the verification test, not the screening test.  Even with the rapid PCR, it wouldn't be fun sitting around for an hour awaiting results.

I think I would have my kids locked in a closet this week, just to be sure they passed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Where did you go for a $95 PCR test? That's actually an extremely reasonable cost for an immediate result with an RT-PCR test. Which surprises me!

Family Express Urgent Care Lutz Florida. No appointment needed, just pulled up they came out to car, we specified we wanted the rapid pcr for travel that they advertised. 20 minutes later and 95.00 lighter we had our teens negative result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...