Royal Caribbean Blog

Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The feels.. man I’m tearing up.. best piece of sorrentos pizza ever hints.. from the bus to the ship IS A WALK!!!  Be prepared!!

Nassau, here we come!

My Nassau live blog https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/06/11/adventure-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-0-nassau-arrival

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jrodri7 said:

We have never gotten the math to work out on this package, especially in port, too many drinks for us to break even.

I can get close on some itineraries in which case I buy for the convenience factor but as a beer drinker it never really is financially worth it.

2 hours ago, jrodri7 said:

We have never gotten the math to work out on this package, especially in port, too many drinks for us to break even.

Keep in mind that the drink package works at Coco Cay.

I am not normally a drink package guy for the very reason you stated.  You have to avg 5 - 8 drinks a day depending on what you are drinking.  For me at least, there is no way to do this on port days and most cruises have 3 to 4 port days.  

Its closer for me this time for a few reasons.

1. 2 of 4 port days are covered by the drink package

2. Excursions may be limited to half days on the other 2

3. The drink package covers other drinks like bottled water which eliminates the need for me to try to bring my own on or try to drink the provided water (which I anticipate there may be issues with Covid protocols).  At the price of ship bottled water (and Coco Cay), this is probably $10 a day minimum.

Ultimately, I decided to go with it.  I still think its close but it will eliminate me being cheap when thinking about ordering.

2 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Keep in mind that the drink package works at Coco Cay.

I am not normally a drink package guy for the very reason you stated.  You have to avg 5 - 8 drinks a day depending on what you are drinking.  For me at least, there is no way to do this on port days and most cruises have 3 to 4 port days.  

Its closer for me this time for a few reasons.

1. 2 of 4 port days are covered by the drink package

2. Excursions may be limited to half days on the other 2

3. The drink package covers other drinks like bottled water which eliminates the need for me to try to bring my own on or try to drink the provided water (which I anticipate there may be issues with Covid protocols).  At the price of ship bottled water (and Coco Cay), this is probably $10 a day minimum.

Ultimately, I decided to go with it.  I still think its close but it will eliminate me being cheap when thinking about ordering.

You make good points for this voyage for sure. We normally do the Refreshment package at $18/day currently for us, and I never took this into account when doing the math. $40 extra a day isn’t that much of a stretch at their drink prices. We also used to buy a 375mL bottle of liquor and have it sent to our room with mixers using Royal Gifts. On top of that, we are Diamond, so we get 3 free drinks anywhere on the ship and unlimited drinks in the Lounge. 

With all that being said, we said eff-it and went with the Deluxe package this time. 

So you’ll know where to find us on the ship… at a bar! (It’s been a LONG year!)

On sale the drink package was $58/day + the taxes. If you drink about 5-6 drinks a day + water bottles it is definitely worth it. I get it every time as I like the idea of prepaying and not counting drinks and adding up the cost for each and every drink. If I want a drink, I get one. If I do not, I don't. I also end up drinking like 8-10 drinks a day + 5/6 bottles of water.

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

Actually the drink package works full time 5 of 7 days for this cruise.

That's actually a lot better compared to many itineraries.

I completely agree. And as we were going through the Cruise Planner last night it made it clear that we may not even get off at Grand Bahama or Cozumel. Or ever. 😂 

19 minutes ago, Flopper said:

This might have been answered before but where does everyone plan on getting their pcr test? I've seen that CVS takes 1-2 days to get results back and if you want to get it done at a lab it can cost anywhere from $200-$350 for instant results. 

This article has a lot of good resources: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/where-to-get-covid-test-travel/

23 minutes ago, Flopper said:

This might have been answered before but where does everyone plan on getting their pcr test? I've seen that CVS takes 1-2 days to get results back and if you want to get it done at a lab it can cost anywhere from $200-$350 for instant results. 

I was just thinking the same thing- and I specifically saw that the Bahamian Health Dept requires a specific type of rapid test- I need to look into what that is to make sure we get the right one. 

Someone else suggested talking to your doctor in advance about such a test.

I feel confident that I'll be able to find a place or two near me to get the test in time. It definitely helps that I live in a metro area, and can get to downtown Orlando in about 30 mins if necessary.

Based on what Royal Caribbean has said, it still looks like a lot of this is up in the air at the moment, but I assume the Negative Test and obviously the Vaccine requirement will stick around and be requirements.  

A good constantly updated resource for information is the airline websites themselves.  I work for AA, so I use the Sherpa app through AA (its available to anyone, search Sherpa on their website and its right there.  It will list out all of the current requirements and have information links etc.  You simply put in your departure and arrival airport with a date.  

I think the toughest thing might be for those of us flying in a day early (like I am) getting a test on time for the Bahamas but not too early for the cruise.  Hopefully the timelines will match up pretty close.  

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Someone else suggested talking to your doctor in advance about such a test.

I feel confident that I'll be able to find a place or two near me to get the test in time. It definitely helps that I live in a metro area, and can get to downtown Orlando in about 30 mins if necessary.

Matt, Bahamas requires the PCR test be at least 5 days out and now it looks like Royal Caribbean will also require a PCR - according to the email I received today.  Any ideas on the time requirement from RC? 

I was going to schedule a PCR for Monday so that I could apply for the travel visa on Wed for my Friday flight.  I'm hoping that RC will accept that one.

Any chance that RC helps everyone schedule a test that works for both?

7 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Ditto, I think that was their way of saying make sure you have it to get into the country not that they also want to see the results.

It needs to be uploaded into the RC app, according to the email today.

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbe
  Making your boarding easier
Browser View
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbe
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.RoyalCaribb

We know you’ve been looking forward to this cruise, and we
want to make sure that you get onboard as effortlessly as
possible. As we continue working with medical experts to
provide you with a safe adventure, you’ll be hearing more
from us. Here are a few key steps to be aware of as you begin
preparing for your best vacation yet.
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.RoyalCaribb
26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right now mY plan is to take the test 6 days before I arrive in Bahamas so that results can come back in time 

My question, since I've got a 9 yr old in tow who doesn't need a negative test to get into the Bahamas, is what kind of lead time will RC require of the negative test since he'll need one to board?  If it's 5 days prior to get into Bahamas, but 5 days prior to board the ship, then we may be forced to fly into the Bahamas day of, which we hate to do.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Right now mY plan is to take the test 6 days before I arrive in Bahamas so that results can come back in time 

How does that work for Bahamas entry when the Bahamas health visa requires a test no more than 5 days before date of arrival?

I would think 3-4 days before the flight is the ideal time to plan to take a test.

Hey, all,  did everyone else get the "Getting you Ready to Sail: email?  I have not.  Also, has anyone been able to check in for this cruise?  How about your phone app, working?

1 hour ago, SKB said:

Hey, all,  did everyone else get the "Getting you Ready to Sail: email?  I have not.  Also, has anyone been able to check in for this cruise?  How about your phone app, working?

I can't check in yet.  My app has a "2 Night Nonrevenue IT Test" on Adventure of the seas departing today. Strangely, the room and muster etc matches the room from my cancelled May Allure sailing.  I think they are holding off on check in while they square some things away.  Im sure they are still working with the port as well as their own procedures for this.  Nassau hasn't done turnarounds (although the port is working on terminal construction just for that) and suddenly they are going to have Adventure and Crystal Serenity departing every saturday.  My "Getting ready to sail" email came in yesterday.