Royal Caribbean Blog

Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL

Matt

4 hours ago, Rob of the Sea said:

You've not boarded yet either, so the wording in this statement seems a little loose.. "During the cruse". You are going to have to quarantine to get back to the states, however if I was a lawyer it seems like this isn't "during the cruise" so this maybe opens a gap for the the accommodations to be at your expense. 

This is where the Bahamas health visa insurance would kick in.  https://travel.gov.bs/file/insuranceNorthAmerica

If Your Trip is Interrupted by Quarantine due to testing positive for COVID-19 while in The Bahamas,
We will pay a benefit of up to $500.00 per day. Benefits are paid starting the first day that You receive a
positive COVID-19 rapid antigen test followed by a positive COVID-19 PCR test and will be paid for
each day You remain in The Bahamas for up to a maximum of fourteen (14) days. 

46 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

This is where the Bahamas health visa insurance would kick in.  https://travel.gov.bs/file/insuranceNorthAmerica

Yes .. But now your party is either split with one room paid (if under $500) and one not because the insurance only kicked in for the one with a positive test. So you either leave them in the Bahamas while you head back to the states (hope its not a child/minor) or you pay for a room plus a new Covid test to get back to the states because your free RC one would have expired by then. 

So many holes with this. 

1 hour ago, Rob of the Sea said:

Yes .. But now your party is either split with one room paid (if under $500) and one not because the insurance only kicked in for the one with a positive test. So you either leave them in the Bahamas while you head back to the states (hope its not a child/minor) or you pay for a room plus a new Covid test to get back to the states because your free RC one would have expired by then. 

So many holes with this. 

I would think any of the ones that didn't test positive would get $250 each in that case.  Everyone has a Bahamas health visa

If You are sharing accommodation with another Eligible Visitor whose Trip is Interrupted by Quarantine due to testing positive for COVID-19 while in The Bahamas, We will pay You a benefit of $250 per Quarantine Day.

At least that's my interpretation here...you don't test positive but your roomie does, you get up to $250/day to get your own room.  The roomie that tested positive gets up to $500 a day for their solo room.

Any COVID test would be covered under the $50,000 medical expense coverage with the health visa insurance.

Kicker is of course you have to front all the money and file a claim for reimbursement.

Kids under 10 are covered even without paying for the insurance too according to the policy.

Also the insurance is only going to cover you before the cruise since the policy excludes those arriving by cruise ship.  But that's where Royal is supposed to kick in and pick up the tab.

For anyone using verifly, it was basically useless. I called yesterday and got everything approved but was still not able to check in online. I checked in this morning at the airport and I still needed all passports and Bahamas Health Visa. If you haven't already,  don't waste any time on verifly 

I am in Nassau! We had a great view of Adventure as we flew in.

I'm staying at Baha Mar. If I end up quarantined, I will spend a nice 10 days here. 

A few notes on travel today.

The airport's were BUSY. Staffing is short everywhere. Allow extra time.

American checked our passports and Bahamas Health Visa at check in. We had to go to the counter. The agent said verifly doesn't work for international flights.

Bahamas customs had lines and took 30 to 45 minutes.

The taxi guy at the airport tried to tell me that a town car was the same price as a taxi. The town car was going to be $50, the taxi was $27 when I pressed the issue.

12 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I'm staying at Baha Mar. If I end up quarantined, I will spend a nice 10 days here. 

American checked our passports and Bahamas Health Visa at check in. We had to go to the counter. The agent said verifly doesn't work for international flights.

The taxi guy at the airport tried to tell me that a town car was the same price as a taxi. The town car was going to be $50, the taxi was $27 when I pressed the issue.

Thanks for keeping us updated! 

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

dswallow,

The link you provided is great, Adventure of the Seas, 6/12/2021 (2150.com)

Is this something RCCL provides for all cruises? 

If so, where can the links for future cruises be found and approximately when are they available?

No, I've been gathering all that since the sailings were announced in March. I've been doing similar for all the sailings I'm personally booked on, though not yet in that detail. You'll see that stuff from here, if you care to look:

General Information (2150.com)

5 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Side note - YMMV with airports/immigration, customs and taxis. Now, granted, I was flying in 1st class BUT I had the smoothest day of travel ever. Curb to gate in 15 minutes.. (yes I arrived at 4am for a 7am flight) no delays or aircraft issues. Fill out the immigration form before you get off the plane in Nassau!! I did and was from gate to taxi in 20 minutes. 

Yet I know others had a 4 hours delay as they had an aborted takeoff in Miami. If your flight gets into Nassau after 3/4 other flights - you’ll be waiting a long long time. Nassau airport is not equipped to handle a mass influx of ppl at once. Maybe things will get better as. cruises go on here but my two mantras apply..

Be Prepared and Plan for the worst, hope for the best. And pack patience and flexibility!