Royal Caribbean Blog

Adventure of the Seas June 12, 2021 ROLL CALL

Matt

12 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I think I would have my kids locked in a closet this week, just to be sure they passed.

We sail next month. We were planning out my son's summer camp schedule and my wife asked if we should send him to his summer camp for that week leading up to the day we fly to the Bahamas.

I'm 99.9% confident he wouldn't get covid that week. But oh hell no, he's staying home!

11 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I think I would have my kids locked in a closet this week, just to be sure they passed.

Yes, my teen has been on house arrest lol. We went shopping for everything we needed and all of us are not going anywhere, to be fair we only went out today for our PCR test, now back home. We are doing our best to not go anywhere until we drive to the airport on Saturday.

57 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Has there been any further mention of giving OBC to offset the cost of the health visa? This was in the AOS FAQ right when those cruises came out, but it hasn't been mentioned since

I'm wondering the same thing. I know I can spend that OBC in a flash. Bringing my payment receipts just in case.

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

For the Day 6 testing? Rapid Antigen tests; that's what The Bahamas needs for the Day 5 requirements for Bahamas Health Visa holders that used an RT-PCR test for entry, and that's what's acceptable by US airlines for travel back home. 

Thanks, 

Oh well , thought about quick YOLO moment but since for re entry to our county  we need a PCR test it will not work (or we will need to add few days for getting PCR in the US before flying back).

41 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Thanks, 

Oh well , thought about quick YOLO moment but since for re entry to our county  we need a PCR test it will not work (or we will need to add few days for getting PCR in the US before flying back).

Forget the details, YOLO Book it עכשיו

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

It really would seem there'd be almost no difference simply requiring a new negative Antigen test at the B2B point than it would be if the kid were boarding the sailing for the first time. I wonder what strange thing motivated someone to put that policy in place.

I still don't know, but it looks like it would be a rule beyond first 3 sailings.

I neglected to mention it in my earlier post, but my kids will have to get a PCR test on Day 6 in addition to an antigen test before reboarding on second cruise

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still don't know, but it looks like it would be a rule beyond first 3 sailings.

I neglected to mention it in my earlier post, but my kids will have to get a PCR test on Day 6 in addition to an antigen test before reboarding on second cruise

Wow.. and why both? Wouldn't the Antigen test just be a duplicate of the PCR?

14 minutes ago, Josh C said:

When you figure it out, let me know. I was just thrilled they were going to let the kids do the B2B.

1 hour ago, Josh C said:

Rapid Antigen tests are cheap and fast. If you get a positive result, a quick RT-PCR test provides accuracy with a lot less likelihood of potential false-positives, and it's is more costly to perform, and takes a little longer.

15 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Rapid Antigen tests are cheap and fast. If you get a positive result, a quick RT-PCR test provides accuracy with a lot less likelihood of potential false-positives, and it's is more costly to perform, and takes a little longer.

Yes, that is correct. I phrased the question incorrectly. I’m wondering why they would be required to take a PCR test on Day 6 of the 1st leg. Why not do an antigen test on day 6 instead of a PCR, and then if something is flagged, do a PCR test? Is this a Bahamian requirement or just a Royal requirement?   

8 minutes ago, Josh C said:

Is this a Bahamian requirement or just a Royal requirement?

As far as I know, a RC requirement, although I have yet to see if posted in written form.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

SOme combination of Bahamas re-entry rules and RC/CDC B2B testing rules. Still it makes no sense

16 minutes ago, Josh C said:

Yes, that is correct. I phrased the question incorrectly. I’m wondering why they would be required to take a PCR test on Day 6 of the 1st leg. Why not do an antigen test on day 6 instead of a PCR, and then if something is flagged, do a PCR test? Is this a Bahamian requirement or just a Royal requirement?   

As far as I know the day 6 test aboard ship is a Rapid Antigen test, which satisfies the Day 5 requirement The Bahamas has for those who used an RT-PCR test to get their Bahamas Health Visa. And satisfies the need from the CDC for the flight back to the US, at least for those traveling to the US within the 3 days of the test being taken.

Matt is the one who misspoke regarding his kids needing a PCR test on day 6.

COVID-19 Status - The Bahamas

image.thumb.png.92873c718639e5c060ae0be015f6c11e.png

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Forget the details, YOLO Book it עכשיו

Thinking about it if we can get some how a PCR test on the ship , otherwise it will require us to have few days stop over in the US just for the testing (most place not testing on Sundays)

OK. I am obviously not as aware of the testing requirements as I should be. So...

I added one extra day after the cruise to stay in Nassau, since our return flight to US was rescheduled two hours earlier and I was worried we may have trouble making our flight upon return to mainland. So, we actually leave Sunday morning. We are all fully vaccinated. Will the test we take on RC be correctly timed for our department to US?

2 hours ago, josassoc said:

So, we actually leave Sunday morning. We are all fully vaccinated. Will the test we take on RC be correctly timed for our department to US?

A month or two ago, Royal Caribbean told travel agents the test onboard is good for 24 hours to get back into US.  So if you're staying an extra day, you might have to get another test at your resort (or nearby).

I'm staying an extra day, and the resort I booked has on-site testing.  I think many of the resorts offer it, or can at least direct you to somewhere to get an antigen test pretty easily.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

A month or two ago, Royal Caribbean told travel agents the test onboard is good for 24 hours to get back into US.  So if you're staying an extra day, you might have to get another test at your resort (or nearby).

I'm staying an extra day, and the resort I booked has on-site testing.  I think many of the resorts offer it, or can at least direct you to somewhere to get an antigen test pretty easily.

I think they just do not want to take the risk .

The requirements in the US is for a test no later than 3 days (not 72 hours) so it dose not matter what time you took the test it matter that its in the 3 days period , so a test taken on Thursday should be good as long as you leave on Sunday   

Here is the quote from the CDC site 

"Why does the Order specify 3 days rather than 72 hours? What is considered 3 days?

The 3-day period is the 3 days before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 3-day timeframe instead of 72 hours to provide more flexibility to the traveler. By using a 3-day window, test validity does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test was administered.

For example, if a passenger’s flight is at 1pm on a Friday, the passenger could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Tuesday or after."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

I do not think that RC test is working differently but always its good to be on the safe side.

With the anticipated restrictions on shore excursions being lifted (being allowed to book private excursions) what are people doing in Cozumel and Grand Bahama??  Looking at beach days, but have never booked one in either port so we are looking for recommendations.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, ogrendc said:

With the anticipated restrictions on shore excursions being lifted (being allowed to book private excursions) what are people doing in Cozumel and Grand Bahama??  Looking at beach days, but have never booked one in either port so we are looking for recommendations.  Thanks.

Doing Nachi Cocum in Cozumel - Paradise Beach ( @Matt has a review of that on the blog) and Mr. Sanchos aren’t bad either. 

8 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Has anyone opted for the Royal Up? Have you heard anything? I placed a minimum bid way back when, just wondering if this was really a thing this sailing. 

Nope, I never heard anything. I put in a bid to upgrade from JS to GS. 

12 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Has anyone opted for the Royal Up? Have you heard anything? I placed a minimum bid way back when, just wondering if this was really a thing this sailing. 

A number of people in the Facebook Roll Call group have reported getting their offers accepted.

9 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We did. I was regretting the decision to do inside when I saw where the room was located (I was just happy to get in on the first cruise when reservations opened up) So we did a mid-tier bid on a balcony and it was accepted. Got the email on 6/3. I thought for sure with 50% capacity that a lot of these would be accepted, but I didn't want to miss out.

We have done it in the past, but have always been within the first 25% lowball option and have never been selected.