Vision of the Seas from Bermuda

21 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, but I don't live near any of those cities ??

Me neither.  In fact I live in Montana and basically cannot go anywhere non-stop.   Flights are always a hassle.  Just today rec'd notice from Delta that my flights times for a trip in May  (not a cruise unfortunately) had changed and I would miss a connection.  So cannot get from east coast to Montana in 1 day.  So, now have to stay overnight somewhere, probably Salt Lake City.    Bummer, and more money.

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

And that's a problem why?

If you don't plan to cruise, don't book.

Never said it was a problem. Just stated the obvious that most people overlooked and when they go to book in their asked for fulll payment, BAMMM!!, they don't have it or think RCG's payment policy changed as well. Over at Cruise Critic boards, they're already putting out misinformation about final/full payment being pushed a month which is not true.  Per RCG, they are currently no changes in payment policies with these sailings.

I'm willing to wait a bit for the more standard Itineraries. I'm spoiled, as I live in Central Florida on the East Coast. Port Canaveral (our closest port at 35 minutes away), Tampa, and Port Everglades are all easy enough morning-of-cruise drives. Miami is stretching it, but possible.

Given these itineraries come all the way back to Coco Cay and not leaving out of Port Canaveral makes not much sense to my brain. Maybe that will change, but not yet. 

For me, the idea of adding international air travel on top of cruising is over my threshold of pain.

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm not good with booking flights.  Can somebody please give me suggestions for roundtrip flights from Jacksonville, FL to Bermuda?

EDIT:  I don't want flights that would go over the Bermuda Triangle ha ha

Delta has a flight from Atlanta

9 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Never said it was a problem. Just stated the obvious that most people overlooked and when they go to book in their asked for fulll payment, BAMMM!!, they don't have it or think RCG's payment policy changed as well. Over at Cruise Critic boards, they're already putting out misinformation about final/full payment being pushed a month which is not true.  Per RCG, they are currently no changes in payment policies with these sailings.

Dont mention that name! CC?!!!!!

19 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

I think airlines will respond, just look at how they responded to the announcement of cruise ships home-porting in Barbados.  While you won't find nonstop flights from most cities you will  probably see an increase in flights from east coast cities/hubs like BOS, JFK, EWR, IAD and DCA.  

DCA won't be in play due to lack of international facilities and capacity issues ... however, BWI may be in play (along with IAD)

2 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

Bermuda Triangle crossing ??? ?

Think of the on-board T-Shirt sales they'll get! "I survived crossing the Bermuda Triangle. TWICE!", with RCI logo splashed on it and map showing Bermuda and Coco Cay. Heck, assuming I do get a booking, I might make one of those before we leave.

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Think of the on-board T-Shirt sales they'll get! "I survived crossing the Bermuda Triangle. TWICE!", with RCI logo splashed on it and map showing Bermuda and Coco Cay. Heck, assuming I do get a booking, I might make one of those before we leave.

LOL  I'm might book a cruise just to get that T-Shirt..... 

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Every ship that sails to the Caribbean from up here goes through it, as do many of the sailings out of Florida...Royal is missing out on a sales opportunity here.  LOL 

So I looked up nonstop airfare from EWR and JFK to Bermuda. Least expensive flight that includes a checked bag per person was $1,000 for a single American flight in "Main Cabin" (basic economy only allowed one carry-on); JetBlue was more expensive even with their bottom-tier price that includes checked bag but no carry-on, and it only went up from there with other airlines.

Talked about with my wife, and between that cost on top of expected cruise fare and the fact that we'll still have to wear masks in Bermuda and take the additional Covid tests per their gov't requirements, it was just too much. Not going to book this, as much as I want to.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

@JLMoran There will be subsidized airfares through Air2Sea.  We saw that with Adventure sailings.

Unfortunately, that won’t be enough to satisfy my wife. Unless she hears that masks aren’t necessary in the ports or on ship, I don’t think any reduction in expected cost is going to sway her now.

49 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, that won’t be enough to satisfy my wife. Unless she hears that masks aren’t necessary in the ports or on ship, I don’t think any reduction in expected cost is going to sway her now.

You could try one of the other announced sailings.  Yesterday, I booked Celebrity Millennium in early June. Cabin with what appears to be an oversize balcony, tips, drinks + wifi was $1499pp + port at $107. Air to St. Maarten from Houston was $600 even.  I don't know what the protocols will be, but it struck me as pretty reasonable pricing.

23 minutes ago, steverk said:

You could try one of the other announced sailings.  Yesterday, I booked Celebrity Millennium in early June. Cabin with what appears to be an oversize balcony, tips, drinks + wifi was $1499pp + port at $107. Air to St. Maarten from Houston was $600 even.  I don't know what the protocols will be, but it struck me as pretty reasonable pricing.

And I'm betting a pretty attractive itinerary.  Millie has some nice ports. 

39 minutes ago, steverk said:

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

And I'm betting a pretty attractive itinerary.  Millie has some nice ports. 

I appreciate the thought, but my wife is pretty much telling me (without saying out loud) that she doesn't want to cruise until there's absolute certainty. She doesn't like uncertainty with anything, and is already dealing with the stress around my upcoming second surgery and how am I going to do with recovery. Better that I not push it if she's made up her mind, at least for now.

We're going to use FCC to put down a refundable deposit on one for August, then think about it some more.  By choosing a later sailing, there will be time for some of the details to be made public knowledge, and for more flights to be added.  I did some flight checking as well and there are so few flights going from EWR/PHL to Bermuda right now it's really hard to know what pricing is going to be like. 

My TA said once the itineraries open up next week there will be more information on what Royal is planning.  Right now, for the week we are looking at, there is one non-stop daily from EWR and PHL to St. Georges.  The EWR flight is $468 pp and the PHL is $651.  I can save a bit if I want one-stop, but silly from NJ to fly anywhere else but direct.  Baltimore does not offer any non-stops, if I wanted to drive there and get on a flight. $490 from JFK, and they have 3 non-stops that day.  This is through Expedia.