Creative requests while cruising

It has been over a year since sailing out of U.S. The activity on this blog is evidence that cruising is still on the minds of many. So I pose this question:

What is something during the past years suspension that you have wondered if possible to do on a cruise ship?

During my past sailings I have always asked one thing of a crew member which they likely had never been asked before. These requests were not always fulfilled and I never insisted. They were always asked in a playful manner, more often to get a reaction from a crew member and give them something to talk about later in the crew bar. 

A previous request that comes to mind is ordering a Coronarita at Sabor. (Margarita with a Corona stuck upside down in it) After explaining to the bartender what he was he responded that he needed to ask his supervisor if this was allowed. I showed him two deluxe beverage package cards to clear that potential issue. His supervisor came and ended up making the drink with a good laugh. 

On my next sailing (Star Class), I plan to request Chef’s Table....to go. 

Anyone else have any creative requests to try once back on board?

Not really "creative", but in 2017 on the Allure I had a minor issue with a bartender when I asked for a "blended" diet coke, basically some diet coke in the blender then blended with ice.  The bartender complained that "it wouldn't blend"  since it didn't have sugar in it and i explained that my wife really wanted it and asked if we could try.  He is correct that it wouldn't blend like a normal "slushy", but the drink was exactly what my wife wanted and it was fine.  He gave me some dirty looks and we just avoided that location on the Boardwalk the rest of the cruise.

Fast forward to 2019 on the Allure and that same bartender was now a server in the My Time MDR and we had him for the whole week.  He was a great server and we had no issues, but I recognized him as soon as he walked to our table.

Stay Safe

On Mariner on the Bamboo Room I asked for a margarita made with fresh lime juice and using premium spirits. Poor bartender spent a solid five minutes gently pressing lime wedges to get enough juice.His effort did pay off. A margarita made with fresh juice is so much better than using pre-made sour mix. Also didn't make that request again due to how time consuming it was.

For the record: I was the only person in the Bamboo Room at the time. Bartender did get a generous tip afterwards.

They did have a bottle of lime juice in a squeeze type bottle. When asked the bartender did say it was sweetened. Sampling it straight I felt the same way due to a lack of any sour punch

Ok so not really creative, but on one cruise (bit of a boozy one) i took a real thing for the cornish pastys after a hard days holidaying. They were always gone, so for about 3 days i would roll up at the cafe and ask for a cornish pasty knowing they were gone. By day 4 a cornish pasty was saved for me, every single day. Didn't even have to ask for it anymore ? things like that is why i love RCI so much. 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Chef's table to go? That's awesome

Will have three young kids, I’m afraid their attention spans and manners may interfere with the experience of other paying guests. Would be great to try some of the easy to package foods back at our room. I will report back with feasibility of this request. 

10 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Trying to recall what the outcome was when Star Class folks requested it delivered in the past.

@WAAAYTOOOor @Lovetocruise2002any historical insight?

I have never, and likely will never be interested in Chef’s table so no experience whatsoever with that.

Nothing against Chef’s Table, we just do not wish to sit for hours at dinner and almost all the items we can find at specialty restaurants so it has never interested us.  

10 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Will have three young kids, I’m afraid their attention spans and manners may interfere with the experience of other paying guests. Would be great to try some of the easy to package foods back at our room. I will report back with feasibility of this request. 

Have your kids had meals at specialty venues and tried some of the more "adult-oriented" options without complaints? A lot of what they serve is strongly flavored or unusual to many kids -- scallops carpaccio, a lobster salad with hearts of palm, and smoked tomato soup were on my menu and they were all strong flavors that might not appeal to younger kids. The entrees are typically choice of steak or fish, I don't recall seeing blogs from folks here who did Chef's Table and reported having a chicken entree.

Also, Chef's Table is a lot of food (and wine, for the adults). It's spread out over a long time so I never felt like I really over-ate, but I was definitely quite full by the end of it. Might be good to have your kids just have a bit of each course / share plates, instead of trying to get through it all.

Oh, and regarding your concern about attention span and manners -- I've heard enough stories from others here about adults who embarrassed themselves at Chef's Table due to overindulging that I wouldn't necessarily be concerned about how they handle themselves. If they've been to a nicer sit-down restaurant for someone's big anniversary or birthday, or they've gone with you to a wedding reception type event, and handled a 2-hour or longer meal without any blow-ups, they should be fine at Chef's Table. It's truly not a hoity-toity experience. ?