RCL boyott? Are you kidding me?

Royal is doing what it needs to do to survive.  It's obvious the CDC has no intention of letting them sail soon in America.  Numerous ports have agreed to allow Royal ships to visit on the premise that everyone will be tested and everyone will be vaccinated.  Virgin Cruises is doing the same.

There is no way any Caribbean nation can tell it's people they are opening their ports to thousands while those countries haven't been vaccinated unless everyone arriving is vaccinated and tested.  That is the only way to better ensure the safety of the Caribbean nations being visited before those residents can get the vaccine.  

I realize many will not choose the vaccine and some can't get the vaccine for medical reasons.  The problem facing Royal is the very real possibility of collapse if they wait any longer.  

Boycott if you must, spend your money elsewhere if you choose.  However understand the company has to do this to survive.  

I agree with Twangster, Royal has met and exceeded requirements set forth by the CDC according to CEO Richard Fain and yet the CDC refuses to work with them to reopen cruising from US ports. The company has found a work around that will get them back to sailing, and of course everything is not going to be perfect nor please everyone, but it’s a far cry better than nothing!  As vaccinations increase there will be plenty of willing cruisers for what may be a temporary situation. Personally why would anyone object to being onboard where everyone including crew has been vaccinated?  Sounds safe and relaxing to me. 

In our world right now airlines are flying, hotels and resorts are open, even Disney is open, so what’s the reason for forbidding cruising?  You’re likely safer on these ships than in your own neighborhood. 

I agree with @twangster and @BarbieBell. Royal has to get back to cruising somehow and this appears the only way to do it.  There's no point in waiting further.

As far as people that don't want to sail because of the vaccine, well that is their choice.  The requirements to go on these cruises is well understood and publicized. Anyone that chooses to go, also chooses to abide by them.  Anyone that can't abide by them, is free to stay home. 

People that complain about these kinds of things are just making trouble.  Kinda reminds me of this woman: Woman refuses to wear mask in Texas, again, gets arrested - ABC News (go.com) (Of course it is rather ironic. She's probably the first person to get arrested for refusing to wear a mask at a bank!)

• Matt locked this topic