Can you use FCC on 2023 cruises?

When I check my FCC balance, it says the following:

Valid through April 30, 2022 or 12 months from the original sail date (whichever is longer) and can be used for any open sailings at the the time of booking.

I assumed that they could only be used on cruises before April 2022, but this statement leads me to think they might be able to be used for 2023 bookings. Anybody try using their FCC on a 2023 cruise? 

Thanks everyone!  I tried using them to book a 2023 cruise and it seemed to accept them, but was still asking for my full deposit. It also only allowed me to input one FCC per person. I thought they changed to accepting more than one FCC per cruise, but maybe you need a TA to apply more than one.

11 minutes ago, jupiter03 said:

tried using them to book a 2023 cruise and it seemed to accept them, but was still asking for my full deposit. It also only allowed me to input one FCC per person.

Keep a careful eye on that.  I have heard a few stories of late where FCCs were incorrectly applied and allowed (when they weren't suppose to) and Royal has done internal audits and corrected them eventually.  Would hate for you to assume you could use a FCC for a 2023 cruise only to find out later that it was allowed by mistake.  But great news if they are allowing it, although I have not heard of that extension yet and I am assuming that would be definite news if they were extending the expiry date again.