Izumi and Unlimited Dining

Rod

A few questions, I have seen a mention or two that Izumi Hibachi reservations fill up quickly but can only be reserved by going to Izumi. Is this correct? Should one go to Izumi to make reservations upon boarding? Can you make reservations for the other specialty restaurants at Izumi?

Also for lunch is the full menu served other than Hibachi such as ramen? How often is Izumi open for lunch.

Booked on 11/21/21 Harmony of the Seas.

Pre purchase can be made online and time selected for Hibachi. With dining package, reservations must be made on board or through concierge if available. Most specialty restaurants have access to entire system to make reservations. I usually write requests out; day, place, time, guests. I give this paper to a representative at a specialty restaurant and they can check availability. If space, they will reserve. These new reservations show up on App calendar shortly after. 

Izumi is almost always open on sea days but I can’t remember if that is true for hibachi. I don’t think hibachi is usually open for lunch.  Even if you have the UDP, if you order anything at hibachi that is not on the hibachi menu, you will be charged.  For example if you want sushi when you are at hibachi you have to pay for that.  The only exception is if you are Star Class.  If you are SC you can order anything you want at no extra charge.

12 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

Can you get take out from the sushi side with ultimate dining plan? I'd like to have sushi on the pool desck, for example.

I've done it before. Just comes down to how busy they might be.

Add, I've done it with Playmakers as well. Never gone @AshleyDillo level and requested Chops for take out.

18 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

Can you get take out from the sushi side with ultimate dining plan? I'd like to have sushi on the pool desck, for example.

You definitely can.  They have had to-go containers to pack it all up every time I have done it, chopsticks, soy sauce packets, etc.  Still have the same $35/person limit per visit as take-out.

12 hours ago, Rod said:

Thank you all for the responses!

Sushi Take out sounds like a plan. 

So I can book Izumi Hibachi at any specialty restaurant when I board?

With the ultimate dining plan, go to any restaurant as soon as you board and schedule everything. I had a spreadsheet printed out which helped them.

Above all, be flexible.

10 hours ago, alamode123 said:

With the ultimate dining plan, go to any restaurant as soon as you board and schedule everything. I had a spreadsheet printed out which helped them.

Above all, be flexible.

Great, already have my dining nights planned. 

Thanks.