Adventure of the Seas® heads back to the tropics this summer, unlocking seven-night getaways from Nassau.

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

but it really rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

Most people have had to put their lives on hold for the last year.  Most people have sacrificed in some manner or another.  You know who else will get to go cruising in the Caribbean? The first responders and health care workers who have been putting their lives on the line for the past year - many who ARE part of the "younger generation" (assuming they can get away for a short time).  Honestly, this is just an issue that will not be an issue for long. 

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

In Orlando, FL starting Monday of next week the minimum age is 40 to be eligible.  There is no cruising in March.

In April Florida will make everyone eligible who has been approved under emergency use authorization down to age 16.  There is no cruising in April.

By May 1st everyone in America is eligible.  There is no cruising in May. 

By June when first cruising restarts everyone in America will be vaccinated or will be days away from getting the vaccine.  Cruising starts June 5th.

By mid-June anyone who wants in should have it.  Cruising will have have just started.

By July only those who don't want it won't have it.

How is this offensive to you?  A small percentage of the population, literally 0.00001% of the population won't be able to cruise for one or maybe two weeks.  That's assuming they even want to cruise.  Only 7% of the US population has taken a cruise in the past four years.  I'm not even sure there will be one person actually impacted and finding themselves unable to get a vaccine in time for the very first June cruise.

54 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Most people have had to put their lives on hold for the last year.  Most people have sacrificed in some manner or another.  You know who else will get to go cruising in the Caribbean? The first responders and health care workers who have been putting their lives on the line for the past year - many who ARE part of the "younger generation" (assuming they can get away for a short time).  Honestly, this is just an issue that will not be an issue for long. 

Yes but my point is that the younger generation have been disproportionality affected given the risks to them so it is completely unfair to say that they suddenly can't do anything.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

In Orlando, FL starting Monday of next week the minimum age is 40 to be eligible.  There is no cruising in March.

In April Florida will make everyone eligible who has been approved under emergency use authorization down to age 16.  There is no cruising in April.

By May 1st everyone in America is eligible.  There is no cruising in May. 

By June when first cruising restarts everyone in America will be vaccinated or will be days away from getting the vaccine.  Cruising starts June 5th.

By mid-June anyone who wants in should have it.  Cruising will have have just started.

By July only those who don't want it won't have it.

How is this offensive to you?  A small percentage of the population, literally 0.00001% of the population won't be able to cruise for one or maybe two weeks.  That's assuming they even want to cruise.  Only 7% of the US population has taken a cruise in the past four years.  I'm not even sure there will be one person actually impacted and finding themselves unable to get a vaccine in time for the very first June cruise.

I'm not from America, different system over here.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

So you were thinking about flying to Nassau for one of the Adventure cruises but you can't because you won't get the vaccine in May?

It seems like your ill should directed towards your government for how they are handling the vaccines in your country.

Not sure I agree with you viewpiont re the approach of the UK Government, many in the medical profession have praised it, yes we won't be fully vaccinated as quickly so can't cruise but the impact on the virus is exactly what we all wanted and needed.

Encouraging news from NY Times on vaccination efficacy,

"In Britain, the daily number of new Covid cases has fallen by more than 90 percent since peaking in early January. The decline is larger than in virtually any other country. (In the U.S., new cases have fallen 79 percent since January.) Given that the contagious B.1.1.7 variant was first discovered in Britain and is now the country’s dominant virus form, “Britain’s free-fall in cases is all the more impressive,” Wachter told me. “Clearly their vaccination strategy has been highly effective.”"

7 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Yes but my point is that the younger generation have been disproportionality affected given the risks to them so it is completely unfair to say that they suddenly can't do anything.

You know what ? Let's take all the people above the age of 40 or 45 and put them  in quarantine cities , this way we will protect them without effecting the young people live. Anyway they do not contribute   much for society anymore and the anooing part  is that they take too many cruises which  bring the price up while effecting the entertainment programs on board, it will be a win win.

35 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Not sure I agree with you viewpiont re the approach of the UK Government, many in the medical profession have praised it, yes we won't be fully vaccinated as quickly so can't cruise but the impact on the virus is exactly what we all wanted and needed.

Encouraging news from NY Times on vaccination efficacy,

"In Britain, the daily number of new Covid cases has fallen by more than 90 percent since peaking in early January. The decline is larger than in virtually any other country. (In the U.S., new cases have fallen 79 percent since January.) Given that the contagious B.1.1.7 variant was first discovered in Britain and is now the country’s dominant virus form, “Britain’s free-fall in cases is all the more impressive,” Wachter told me. “Clearly their vaccination strategy has been highly effective.”"

It's not my viewpoint.

The person I quoted is upset at the the cruise lines, or the US government, for "allowing" people to cruise to the Caribbean while they, a young resident of Scotland, can not.

If they are to be upset with anyone for not being able to get a vaccine, it should start at home and is not the fault of the cruise line or the US government.  

16 hours ago, Brogan said:

Fantastic news! I would love to know whether these cruises are just for Americans or whether I could book one from the UK. Either way this is definitely the positive news we’ve all been waiting for! ?

Yes you can however make sure your flights if not direct dont pass through any country you need to quarantine even if just in transit 

9 hours ago, Joe01 said:

but it really rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

Are you being serious? Or just selfish? 

I mean the 1000+ covid positive students from Durham University who had parties or all of those youngters who were photographed in Soho, Manchester or any otjer city in the UK then when interviewed said they "didnt care as it doesnt harm young people " yip all those youngsters sacrificed so much!!!

At least the younger generation have years in front of them, the older generation have lost a year of their life they cannot get back! 

Everyone has been in the same boat, people of all ages have made sacrifices,  people of all ages have broken the rules! 

But you cannot play the age card....its about protecting the vulnerable 

Canada for most ages, is kind of in the same predicament.  They can't get the vaccine either for ages well above "young" people.

Should Royal not offer any cruises until Canada catches up?  I think not.  Sorry Canada. 

Canada isn't even letting vaccinated Americans into Canada.

conan obrien conan25 GIF by Team Coco

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

You know what ? Let's take all the people above the age of 40 or 45 and put them  in quarantine cities , this way we will protect them without effecting the young people live. Anyway they do not contribute   much for society anymore and the anooing part  is that they take too many cruises which  bring the price up while effecting the entertainment programs on board, it will be a win win.

I'm assuming you're being completely sarcastic, not just a little sarcasm mixed in at the end.....one never knows on the internet.

• Matt locked this topic