Adventure of the Seas® heads back to the tropics this summer, unlocking seven-night getaways from Nassau.

Just received an email from royal that Adventure of the Seas will sailing this summer from Nassau.  Also says vaccinations will be required for adult guests
to sail on Adventure of the Seas. Guests under the age of 18 will need to provide a negative RT-PCR test result.

Adventure of the Seas | Cruise Ships | Royal Caribbean Cruises

6 minutes ago, loki007 said:

I love that Royal has taken the all must be vaccinated stance on both Celebrity and RCCL. I will definitely cruise sooner knowing all on board are vaccinated. 

But all don't have to be vaccinated, just 18+ (which is the correct policy to have if vaccines are going to play into cruising)

24 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I'd like for Royal to consider a policy for those who have had it and don't see a need for a vaccine.

This aint gonna happen.  And it isn't because of 'science' it because of liability and too much government control.  We are all going to have to get used to the idea of no vaccine?  no cruise for you.....no air travel for you.....liberties be darned.

It also doesn't hurt that the vaccine is 'free' (in US anyway)...which means the US tax payer is paying for all the shots.....I wouldn't be surprised if that means each shot costs $500 per person......which means there is a lot of money to be made so lobbying will be heavy to make sure it is 'required' that everyone get it.

19 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

This aint gonna happen.  And it isn't because of 'science' it because of liability and too much government control.  We are all going to have to get used to the idea of no vaccine?  no cruise for you.....no air travel for you.....liberties be darned.

It also doesn't hurt that the vaccine is 'free' (in US anyway)...which means the US tax payer is paying for all the shots.....I wouldn't be surprised if that means each shot costs $500 per person......which means there is a lot of money to be made so lobbying will be heavy to make sure it is 'required' that everyone get it.

also that reinfection has been proven so unless you are inside of 3 months from active infection you still need the vaccine

24 minutes ago, Brogan said:

Fantastic news! I would love to know whether these cruises are just for Americans or whether I could book one from the UK. Either way this is definitely the positive news we’ve all been waiting for! ?

If you read through the FAQs from above, it says they welcome all, not just Americans. You just need to be fully vaccinated.

37 minutes ago, loki007 said:

also that reinfection has been proven so unless you are inside of 3 months from active infection you still need the vaccine

Reinfection has been proven in an extreme minority of cases, and even then it's not conclusive if they ever had covid in the first incidence. Plus there are recent studies showing covid antibodies last at least 6 months, if not longer.

7 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

Absolutely kills it for people that will not be vaccinated.  Hopefully that requirement is short lived. 

Celebrity has stated it's not permanent but I doubt they can say when right now.  A lot depends on how the pandemic progresses at home.  

In Florida we saw very little spread from the superbowl.  The spring break crowds this week will tell us a lot a month from now.  If the feared 3rd wave strikes the US I suspect a vaccine requirement may linger longer.  If no 3rd wave they'll go away faster.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Celebrity has stated it's not permanent but I doubt they can say when right now.  A lot depends on how the pandemic progresses at home.  

In Florida we saw very little spread from the superbowl.  The spring break crowds this week will tell us a lot a month from now.  If the feared 3rd wave strikes the US I suspect a vaccine requirement may linger longer.  If no 3rd wave they'll go away faster.

I hear ya, when I say short lived I'm hoping we are back to some sort of normalcy by next year.

10 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

We have had over a dozen family members vaccinated, no one ever asked for an insurance card.

Funny where I'm from you need to provide a copy of your insurance card if you have insurance.

No charge for the vaccine itself, just billing for administration of the shot,  The latest stimulus package raised the reimbursement amount from medicare for administering the shot to around $50 I think

34 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

We have had over a dozen family members vaccinated, no one ever asked for an insurance card.

When I signed up for the vaccine at a Houston area CVS, I had to enter my insurance info and also had to show my card today when I got it. My hubby went to a Harris County Health Dept mega site and did not show his insurance card.

15 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

When I signed up for the vaccine at a Houston area CVS, I had to enter my insurance info and also had to show my card today when I got it. My hubby went to a Harris County Health Dept mega site and did not show his insurance card.

Thats crazy, all of our vaccines have been through either Dallas county or Collin county mega sites, insurance was never an issue.  I would assume a state or county entity could just blanket bill the federal government for reimbursement, whereas a retailer would be better off going the more traditional route.

Here is what our Florida Publix told us in an email for Psycho's appointment.  

To expedite your experience, please don't forget to bring your driver's license and insurance card. Please check in with a Publix associate when you get to the store. Face coverings are required for customers at all Publix locations.
If this appointment is for your second dose, disregard the autogenerated appointment date/time noted above as Appointment #2. Please attend Appointment #1. No other action is required.
Please reference the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's fact sheet prior to your appointment (link to Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (fda.gov).*
For more information, including answers to frequently asked questions, visit Publix.com/covidvaccine.

18 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

My sister works for Blue Cross Blue Shield and she behind the scenes this is what the insurance companies are fight over.  If you received your shot from a government run facility (city, county, state or even FEMA) you don't have to show your insurance card at all the Federal Government covers the entire cost of the vaccine.  However if you go to for example a private company like a Walgreens, CVS, or any number of other private facilities some of those facilities are asking patience for their insurance cards in which case your private insurance not the government is paying for the shot.  In the case of where my sister works she is saying Blue Cross Blue Shield has been fighting with the government for a while now to even get the government to cover the cost of the COVID test.

I've taken several COVID test at my local Walgreens and every time I've taken a test they've asked for my insurance card. I never paid anything out of pocket but they still asked for the card.

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My wife had to show insurance.

Probably all depends on state and what bucket of funds got the pool of vaccines yours is being drawn from.

We showed no insurance card to get vaccinated.  Each state must be different.  

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Reinfection has been proven in an extreme minority of cases, and even then it's not conclusive if they ever had covid in the first incidence. Plus there are recent studies showing covid antibodies last at least 6 months, if not longer.

pay up george wendt GIF

4 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I'd like for Royal to consider a policy for those who have had it and don't see a need for a vaccine.

Please let us know how that turns out.  I am not sure how legally they can mandate something that is currently given under Emergency Use Authorization.  By the way, Federal law prohibits employers and others from requiring vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine distributed under an EUA.  REF:  https://statnews.com/2021/02/23/federal-law-prohibits-employers-and-others-from-requiring-vaccination-with-a-covid-19-vaccine-distributed-under-an-eua/    I am really liking the "and others" part of it.  I anticipate all cruise lines will put out of US ports in order to circumvent the CDC and their rules and they will adapt their own under the flag of the country whose laws they follow and abide by. 

47 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Trying to speed up getting a Vaccination...

Two things that have worked for my friends here in Texas.

1. Volunteer at a vaccination site (don't have to be a medical worker, they also need people to run paperwork, guide traffic).

2. Sign up on lists everywhere you can (hospitals, county sites, pharmacies). In some cases friends have been able to get vaccinated because pharmacy had "leftover" vaccine that would otherwise go to waste because some people that had appointments didn't show up.

2 hours ago, deep1 said:

Trying to speed up getting a Vaccination...

I would suggest just start checking mass vaccination websites, pharmacies, city, state, county vaccine websites anything, this is how my husband and I got our 1 dose of Pfizer this week. They had no shows we checked the website mid-late afternoon and the mass vaccination site run by FEMA not far from our house went from no appointments available to having same day appointments available because people didn't show up.

I would suggest maybe start checking websites around 3 or 4 pm local time especially if most vaccination site in your area close between 8 or 9 pm. They can't keep the shots it is better to put the shot into someone arm than throwing it in the garbage.

6 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I would suggest just start checking mass vaccination websites, pharmacies, city, state, county vaccine websites anything, this is how my husband and I got our 1 dose of Pfizer this week. They had no shows we checked the website mid-late afternoon and the mass vaccination site run by FEMA not far from our house went from no appointments available to having same day appointments available because people didn't show up.

I'm on about 20 different lists in two states... CVS is slap jammed up, as is Publix , as is......  So far I did get acknowledgements that I am registered but no sign of appointment date yet.  I have a place I can go next week to get first dose but then I will be in a different state soon  and have to find the second somewhere there.... Palm Beach County my southern  home seems to have some spat going with the governor and its hurting the citizens as they keep refusing his help????? Fiancee in Jersey , my northern home, having zero luck for herself or her kids as well. 

They do realise in a lot of countries that you can't get offered a vaccine yet if in lower risk age groups? Surely that's grounds for age discrimination, especially given that the whole purpose of vaccination is to stop people in the vulnerable categories from really becoming unwell from COVID? I understand cruise ships have it harder and effectively have to be "Zero COVID" zones but it really rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.