June restart...

I cant recall what the official policy is on "creating a group" on this board .. are we allowed to suggest that an unofficial group might be on board ?

For example, I have looked at my schedule and feel pretty strongly that I am going to shoot for the 6/12 sailing ... would love to see a bunch of names that I know on board if they were considering it ?

Even if its not a true "group" from a benefits standpoint would be nice to have a group to catch up with verbally rather than via board for a change.

41 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Is there a common time that new cruises are loaded into the system?  Like at 12am ET on the 24th can I expect to see these cruises live? Or sometime the next morning?

The last couple of big releases started appearing in bits and pieces over 20 minutes but it seems like it was not at 12am ET on the dot but the late evening before.

This is a smaller release off schedule so maybe one ship will load quickly.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Works for me, except hotel internet?

Already thought of that problem. I plan to give Royal IT guy a bottle of Crown Royal for internal WiFi password. 
If I stayed here in California, you Florida folk would have all suites booked before data even loads here. 

16 hours ago, michelle said:

Im too afraid of 6/12 having issues and have to delay so banking on going on Cruise #2 for 6/19 instead

And that would be part of my reason for asking ... if a number of people were thinking the 19th i would delay a week to go with an "unofficial" group ... 12th works better with my schedule but 19th could be made to work as well ?

On 3/19/2021 at 11:13 PM, twangster said:

News coverage:

https://www.wesh.com/article/royal-caribbean-marks-2021-return-to-caribbean-with-cruises-from-the-bahamas/35888095

Port Canaveral is taking the position that Royal can learn while operating from Nassau and bring those lessons to Port Canaveral once the CDC comes around and allows cruising in the US.

This is what I was thinking-these can be “test cruises” to some extent. If things go well that’s just more evidence 

15 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I thinking of getting a hotel room across from Royal’s headquarters, reduced latency. 

The best bet would be to "test" the IT security by trying to get close enough to log onto the corporate WiFi ... although given the IT history with Royal its possible they havent installed WiFi yet ... 

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

The best bet would be to "test" the IT security by trying to get close enough to log onto the corporate WiFi

Will try this, my first password guess will be: f***theCDC. At this point I can’t imagine any Royal Caribbean passwords being anything else. 

For anyone traveling to the Bahamas when Royal sets sail on Adventure in June, if the CDC has not updated their entry requirements for international travelers you will still need to present a negative COVID test at the airport before boarding your flight back to the US.

Some countries have already begun updating their entry requirements, requiring either a negative COVID test and/or requiring passengers to present their original vaccination record that verifies they have been fully vaccinated, with a vaccine approved by that specific country (most western countries have approved Pfizer, Moderna, J&J and AZ).  If the CDC has not updated the entry requirements for entry into the US although Royal will only allow fully vaccinated customers to cruise if you plan on returning home to America you will need to present a negative COVID test prior to boarding your flight back to the U.S.. 

We are already seeing problems with spring breakers who've traveled to Mexico and the Caribbean and they are fully vaccinated but are not allowed to board their flight home because they didn't think they still needed to present a negative COVID test after being fully vaccinated. So please keep that in mind if you travel internationally until the CDC catches up with the times and amends its order all international arriving passengers will need to present a negative test.

9 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

For anyone traveling to the Bahamas when Royal sets sail on Adventure in June, if the CDC has not updated their entry requirements for international travelers you will still need to present a negative COVID test at the airport before boarding your flight back to the US.

Some countries have already begun updating their entry requirements, requiring either a negative COVID test and/or requiring passengers to present their original vaccination record that verifies they have been fully vaccinated, with a vaccine approved by that specific country (most western countries have approved Pfizer, Moderna, J&J and AZ).  If the CDC has not updated the entry requirements for entry into the US although Royal will only allow fully vaccinated customers to cruise if you plan on returning home to America you will need to present a negative COVID test prior to boarding your flight back to the U.S.. 

We are already seeing problems with spring breakers who've traveled to Mexico and the Caribbean and they are fully vaccinated but are not allowed to board their flight home because they didn't think they still needed to present a negative COVID test after being fully vaccinated. So please keep that in mind if you travel internationally until the CDC catches up with the times and amends its order all international arriving passengers will need to present a negative test.

Royal has stated the last antigen test on board will be timed so this can be used for the purpose of flying home.

I think it's interesting that they have been tight lipped about masking on these cruises. With that and in Richard Fain's video that was posted yesterday where he went out of his way to mention that he an unmasked, vaccinated person could be with his unmasked unvaccinated grand daughter. These cruises are 80 days away, look how far we've come the last 80. I think there's a chance!

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

14 minutes ago, Flopper said:

I think it's interesting that they have been tight lipped about masking on these cruises. With that and in Richard Fain's video that was posted yesterday where he went out of his way to mention that he an unmasked, vaccinated person could be with his unmasked unvaccinated grand daughter. These cruises are 80 days away, look how far we've come the last 80. I think there's a chance!

Not only that but social distance has been shortened to 3 feet! That alone should be enough to waive masks on the pool deck, which has been my personal deal breaker. 

14 minutes ago, Flopper said:

At this point I would just be happy with the CDC getting out of the way and allowing cruising to resume in July, and no masks on the pool deck.  But it would be nice if we could get rid of the masks policy completely once more people are vaccinated.

There is good news coming out of Israel where they have vaccinated at least 56% of their population.  As one would expect hospitalizations and deaths have decreased but so has the rate of community (person to person) spread.  But don't expect the CDC to admit that anytime soon they will just continue to say there isn't enough data to drop the mask mandate if everyone is vaccinated.

1 hour ago, JasonOasis said:

At this point I would just be happy with the CDC getting out of the way and allowing cruising to resume in July, and no masks on the pool deck.  But it would be nice if we could get rid of the masks policy completely once more people are vaccinated.

There is good news coming out of Israel where they have vaccinated at least 56% of their population.  As one would expect hospitalizations and deaths have decreased but so has the rate of community (person to person) spread.  But don't expect the CDC to admit that anytime soon they will just continue to say there isn't enough data to drop the mask mandate if everyone is vaccinated.

My favourite tracking graph is below.  A few observations/questions (all cruising related):

1) Why is Australia not cruising?  Their control is world class (even without wide spread vaccine rollout ... using Israel as the gold standard).

2) Given the phenomenal results out of Israel, it is not a random selection to home port Odyssey there.  Israel is still the "canary in the cave" and their results mean Cruising may return sooner than even the most pessimistic among us.

3) UK & US vaccination rates are very encouraging.  Vaccination rates approaching Israel will result in a similar "off the cliff" drop in infection rates.  I can smell the sea air now.

?

Stay Safe, Stay Apart, Stay Connected,

Curt from Canada

image.png

4 hours ago, Flopper said:

I think we all can safely assume none of want to cruise with a mask requirement but...

Royal has to prove to the CDC that the company is going overboard (pun intended) to protect health and safety.   

The CDC went overboard in the CSO to throw cruise lines under the bus and insinuate that they don't care about health and safety.  

Cruising a handful of ships somewhere else is good and all but the path to Royal once again making anything close to the kind of money from 2019 lies in getting the CDC to green light US cruises.

We won't know what the protocols will be on Adventure until Royal tells us but I'm assuming masks will be a requirement and Royal will absolutely enforce that on board.  They are walking on eggshells with the CDC and can't afford any social media posts that would sink a chance at restarting cruising in the US.

To that end someone being kicked off the ship for not following protocols is perhaps the best publicity that can demonstrate that Royal is a CDC team player and they are taking it seriously.  

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

To that end someone being kicked off the ship for not following protocols is perhaps the best publicity that can demonstrate that Royal is a CDC team player and they are taking it seriously.

If Royal wants to put me on the ship for free just to kick me off after a couple days because ‘I’m not following protocol’ for publicity sake I’m willing to volunteer.