Opinion Is 13 nights on Mariner excessive?

Neesa

My FCC's are adding up and most likely more to come. In an effort to cut costs of traveling to Port twice (next year's prices are super high) I am thinking about adding an 8 night to my existing 5 night. Not being an Oasis class and never sailing her before would you do the B2B? Thoughts? Thank you everyone.

I'm not the person to ask, I'd stay on for twice that.  

Everytime I book long cruises like this the time seems to fly by and before you know it I'm thinking I never got around to doing this or that like I said I would.  It seems like there will always be time but then there isn't and i never make it back to the ice skating show or some other activity.

If it was the old 3/4 Nassau + Nassau/CocoCay five times in a row that might get old.  

Guess I’ll be the dissenter lol. 3 nights was enough for me. We are big Oasis class fans and after 3 nights on Mariner, we felt like we’d done it all. 

I’d consider Mariner to Bermuda though, just not for 13 nights. 

What are the itineraries? That would influence my decision. 

Our 3 night Nassau/CocoCay left little to be desired. We live 2 hours from PC, so it was a quick, fun weekend getaway. 

6 hours ago, Neesa said:

My FCC's are adding up and most likely more to come. In an effort to cut costs of traveling to Port twice (next year's prices are super high) I am thinking about adding an 8 night to my existing 5 night. Not being an Oasis class and never sailing her before would you do the B2B? Thoughts? Thank you everyone.

If you don't mind me asking  what are you looking for while on the ship?  Although I have not been on Mariner, I have been on Adventure multiple times which is another Voyager Class ship and I have done B2B 7 night cruises on Adventure in the past and loved every minute of it.  Obviously Voyager Class ships are not Oasis Class ships they don't have the same feel but that isn't to say they aren't equally as fun or equally as entertaining.  My first cruise ever was a 7 night cruise on Adventure out of San Juan back in 2008 after one night onboard Adventure I was hooked.  I went from a never cruiser to being hooked to cruising because of Adventure which is why I asked what are you looking for while on the ship.

If you posed the question because you think you may get bored, I can only speak from my experiences, on Adventure (which hasn't been amplified Mariner has been amplified) there is more than enough things to do on Voyager Class ships to keep you entertained. Outside of Oasis and Quantum Class ships I prefer Voyager Class ships over Freedom Class ships.  I don't know why but Freedom Class ships just don't do it for me.

I agree with what many have already said. My longest cruise has been 8 nights and I was definitely not ready to leave. I would have loved to stay on for longer. You will be able to space out activities, entertainment, relax and really enjoy yourself knowing you have more days.  

It really depends on you and what you are seeking or what you get out of being on a ship.

I spent 16 nights on Empress and loved it. 

I spent 21 nights on Oasis and loved it.     

Those were very different experiences but looking back I loved them both.   So I have no fear that I could be on any ship for 13 nights and not enjoy myself. 

But I'm not you and that's okay.  If this is a concern for you maybe try a 3 night cruise first.  The drive from Tampa to Canaveral isn't that bad. ?   Or take Brilliance from Tampa for 4 nights.  Brilliance has even less going on so if you "survive" Brilliance maybe you can "survive" Mariner. 

Feel like you just asked the choir if it likes to sing? 

I love to do a couple of weeks on the same ship, whether it's a B2B or a transatlantic. But when I booked a 3 week transpacific on Explorer, I did wonder if I was stretching the rubber band too tight. Today, just as I felt at the end of that run, I still say "let's do that again!"

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Feel like you just asked the choir if it likes to sing? 

I love to do a couple of weeks on the same ship, whether it's a B2B or a transatlantic. But when I booked a 3 week transpacific on Explorer, I did wonder if I was stretching the rubber band too tight. Today, just as I felt at the end of that run, I still say "let's do that again!"

Youtube Smile GIF by Rosanna Pansino

I was on Explorer out of Bayonne with my 2 and 4 year old and husband in an interior room under the Solarium Pool for 12 nights. In January. It was GREAT! Do it. It is not excessive. Go on the back to back, and enjoy the entire journey. You can do all free dining the first week, then all specialty the second. Whatever YOU want to do!

4 hours ago, Kayleigh said:

@teddyGlad to hear you were not ready to get off! My husband and I have a 5 day cruise to Mexico planned for November! We did Mariner in Jan 2020 for our honeymoon and loved it!

Our first cruise ever was on Mariner in Jan 2019.....after 20 years of marriage.  I regret not going on a cruise earlier in our lives.