Mariner Migraine

deep1

Its one of those bookings that won't settle down. Started as an Indy 5 night that was among the first cancels last year.  Got creative and found an Oasis to turn it into. Then that became a Harmony. Back to an Indy then a L+S to Mariner(I considered that a down grade because  of 1. Ship and 2. Itinerary (Jamaica Traded for Nassau)) .. Well that went up in smoke today. I read Matts article on Mariner being "redeployed"  and looked through. Some 4 night became 5 some 5 became 4 and a couple flat disappeared like mine . Over all not much changed but it did wreck a lot of plans. Timing: Screws us on kids  vacation time. If we accept the  trip before our younger teen cant  make it If we accept the trip after the older one can't.  That window was perfect for both of their school vacations to overlap. I didn't like getting squeezed down to Mariner from Indy to begin with. Trading Jamaica for Nassau didn't sit well either. Inn their "offers" today they offered a whopping obc of $50 per room ($100 total) for all the trouble but only if I take one of the two misfit dates on Mainer they offer.  They made no offer of 125% FCC!  They pulled Indy off 5 night duties and looking around the only 5 night ones I see are the aforementioned Mariner ones. I'm seeing 6 and 7 night cruises that would fit the  requirements but they are 3 times as expensive as the one I originally paid for. Suggestions? Cut one kid or the other out? Cancel all together?  Try to negotiate to one of the big boats?  Open to any seasoned ideas... 

Well, I don't drink but agree some sedation would be of some help. Possible I back the kids out of this one then book a good one for  fiance and myself. For the kids do a quickie with each one separate (vacations don't match up)and even let them bring a friend... 

Rather than be a pain in their rump I did the following: I accepted their offer of another date. It  accommodates one of our teens vacations  but not the other. We decided to let her bring a friend for this new date. For her brother I booked another short Cruise where he can bring a friend. Wont be a 5 night balcony. More like 4 night inside but better than nothing. He doesn't care as he gets his buddy to join... Thats all good.

Started new thread with some concerns questions...

Well its a week later. My planning page still shows it as "cancelled" . No email, no confirmation, no nothing about the rebooking I tried to make. I have never experienced indifference  from telephone  reps that I have dealt with on this. Only a few days  til the time limit is up and everything defaults to dates that are no good for me... Please I need suggestions of what I can do?

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another ten or so days with zero communication despite a couple more calls. ?????? In those calls they said I would hear by March 29th. Hasn't happened...  Do I jus keep bugging them or try something different????