Coastal Kitchen ??

rjac

I'm sure this has come up before, and I apologize for asking. We are now Diamond status and are planning a family cruise next year. Will my wife and I be able to bring our travel guests (daughter and her family- SIL,dau and son) who are not Diamond with us? Grazie a tutti! ?

9 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Let me try again... no, not normally. Unless you're all in a JS or above, in which case the Diamond status doesn't matter.

Thanks Kristi. My wife and I will be in a JS and the other 4 will be in balcony ocean rooms (steerage.....?). 

Diamond is not a qualifier for Coastal Kitchen or the Suite Lounge so Crown and Anchor status has no bearing.

Since you are in a JS you will be eligible for dinner in CK on a space available basis.  This does not extend to other non-suite cabins.  You can always ask and 98% of the time the answer will be no, but it never hurts to ask.

As far as the Diamond Lounge you can't extend that to non-Diamond either.  That is even more strictly enforced.  10 out of 10 times if you ask the answer will be no.

There is only one thing that Crown and Anchor has blessed as it relates to Diamond perks and non-Diamond members.

As a Diamond member you will have three drinks loaded on your SeaPass card for use at most bars from a limited "happy hour" menu.  This is typically from 5pm to 8:30pm or so.

Crown and Anchor has stated these "happy hour" drinks can be given to a non-Diamond.   You need to be at a bar to order the drink but then you can give that drink away.  This is in contrast to the Deluxe drink package that strictly does not allow sharing.  Some bartenders get confused or haven't been told that Diamond happy hour drinks can be gifted away so this can sometimes see some resistance.  

As stated definitely ask the Coastal Kitchen host, the worst is a no, but for 1 night, toss in a celebration excuse, with a little "thank you" and it might happen.

I've heard someone doing a b2b one leg Jr Suite one leg Grand Suite and the host extended some Grand Suite perks on the Jr Suite leg. So, it's not uncommon.

Good luck and report your experience. Most of all enjoy CK. I've sailed Anthem 3 times in a GS and ate at CK twice. Biggest reason was friends and family onboard in steerage.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Flow

I was on the Harmony 2019 Thanksgiving week and a lovely family in front of us at the podium requested their mother join them as they were in a Grande & she was across the hall from them in an interior. She was one lady & one of the grandkids I believe and the host was most gracious and allowed the party to dine together all week;  all meals,  we even saw them "happy hour"  Go in expecting a possible no, but if you are gracious and kind a resounding yes just might be the case. I enjoyed the interaction and thought it was a warm moment, because at first I could feel their trepidation. A lovely time that Thanksgiving, oh how I miss sailing.

12 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Let me try again... no, not normally. Unless you're all in a JS or above, in which case the Diamond status doesn't matter.

My wife and I have a Jr.Suite on Allure this December.   I was told, once I board the ship to go directly to CK and book our dining times for the Cruise.  We I be able to book all 6 nights? 

1 hour ago, DD474 said:

My wife and I have a Jr.Suite on Allure this December.   I was told, once I board the ship to go directly to CK and book our dining times for the Cruise.  We I be able to book all 6 nights? 

No one knows what steps they will take to distance guests in CK in 2021.  Once Oasis class cruising restarts we will begin to see what impact it has on suite amenities.  

In the past a JS guest on an Oasis class ship hasn't always been guaranteed reservations for the whole cruise on boarding day but this varies by ship.  In some cases JS guests could only make reservation on a day to day basis and on a space available basis.  

Visit CK upon boarding and inquire to see how it will work for your cruise.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

No one knows what steps they will take to distance guests in CK in 2021.  Once Oasis class cruising restarts we will begin to see what impact it has on suite amenities.  

In the past a JS guest on an Oasis class ship hasn't always been guaranteed reservations for the whole cruise on boarding day but this varies by ship.  In some cases JS guests could only make reservation on a day to day basis and on a space available basis.  

Visit CK upon boarding and inquire to see how it will work for your cruise.

Thank You

7 hours ago, Ray said:

No death penalty would not apply for giving that away! However it would apply for purchasing it in the 1st place ???

My knowledge of Scottish vigilante justice is admittedly limited, but there HAS to be an acceptable loophole here.  What if you purchased it with the EXPRESS intent of giving it away...to a chair hog?

On 3/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, USCG Teacher said:

My knowledge of Scottish vigilante justice is admittedly limited, but there HAS to be an acceptable loophole here.  What if you purchased it with the EXPRESS intent of giving it away...to a chair hog?

I'm not sure about that intent. You know how park rangers discourage people from feeding wild life, ie, bears, monkeys, squirrels, etc. because the wild life will associate humans as a source of food. Well, giving  free beer to chair hogs might just encourage them to become MORE obnoxious to the point where they become a herd, block deck space and DEMAND free beer! ?

14 minutes ago, rjac said:

I'm not sure about that intent. You know how park rangers discourage people from feeding wild life, ie, bears, monkeys, squirrels, etc. because the wild life will associate humans as a source of food. Well, giving  free beer to chair hogs might just encourage them to become MORE obnoxious to the point where they become a herd, block deck space and DEMAND free beer! ?

Yes, true, but free American beer might discourage chair hogs.