Unfair cost with FCC's

We were going to go on our first cruise, in our 80's and wanted that great vacation, but the cruise was cancelled due to Covid. Fair enough, so we received FCC's - which sounded fair until I found out that the new cruise we booked at the same time of year, almost identical cruise, same ship, is going to cost us $2,000 in addition to the FCC's! We did receive a refund of taxes and fees, but this is feeling very expensive, and unfair. If we don't go on the trip, we lose almost $1,000, but to go on the trip we have to come up with another $2,000, which I don't think we can do. Are other people experiencing this?

You aren't wrong but maybe a glimmer of hope for ya. Prices shot upwards due to the crush created by cancellations, "lift & shift," and being able to reschedule so many runs. But with the new deployments out and a bunch of us having moved some our cruises out of the line of fire (hopefully), I am starting to see things level out somewhat. During this past week 2 of my customers got price drops as well as a couple of my personal bookings dropped. This leaves many of my Royal bookings unchanged but wanted to throw my 2 cents in the mix. 

Fortunately my franchise run of fifteen years is coming to an end next year but what a rollercoaster ending!

8 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Was it ineligible for a Lift & Shift which would have moved the cruise a year ahead at no additional cost?

Maybe, But the original cruise was for last March, and I consider it too soon for us to be going on a cruise this month, so one year was not enough. We've scheduled it for next March, when I hope the virus has completely died down.