Breakfast options on disembarkation morning

atmuma

What are my options on the last morning for breakfast? Are some things closed? I'm only familiar with how DCL does it - buffet closed, no room service, eat at the rotational restaurant you had dinner at the previous night. We are on Explorer OTS so I know there are fewer options in general. Thanks!!

Its madness is all I can say. I normally don't even try to get anything...maybe just a coffee.

I have spent too many mornings doing musical chairs trying to find a place to sit.

So yes, there are full breakfast options. Just be prepared for it to be the busiest, craziest, most rushed meal/experience of the cruise.

Its madness is all I can say. I normally don't even try to get anything...maybe just a coffee.

I have spent too many mornings doing musical chairs trying to find a place to sit.

So yes, there are full breakfast options. Just be prepared for it to be the busiest, craziest, most rushed meal/experience of the cruise.

That's a really good point! In the past we got boxes of cereal from the buffet the 2nd to last morning and just ate in our room because our assigned time on that last morning was so early. Sounds like that might be the way to go again. Thanks!

Great, thanks! And thanks for all the answers you've given me over the past month or so on all my questions. Greatly appreciated!

You're welcome.

I agree with monctonguy, though. Breakfast can be crazy on the last morning. And to be honest, I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast on the last morning other than on a Disney cruise. We usually wait until the airport to grab something to eat to avoid the madness.

My opinion would be based off of when you have to get off the ship. When we have an early flight we always skip the breakfast and eat at the airport. However, with a later flight we are not in a hurry so as crazy as the Windjammer is we don't have any reason to rush around so we just deal with the madness and take in that last "free" meal.  We usually find a table first (the hardest part every time you eat in the Windjammer) then take turns going through the lines. We always do the self-disembark so we can sort of control when we leave the ship.

I horde boxes of cereal from the second day breakfast. I bring two boxes to the cabin and a glass of milk and do that every day of the cruise. I have asked the buffet people for a piece of Saran Wrap and I cover the milk so it doesn't go bad. I will eat it at night as my late night snack. On the last night of the cruise I always ask for a covered glass of milk from the MDR and eat cereal in my room in the morning.

I understand people eating at the airport, but when a bottle of Pepsi is $3.25 and a breakfast meal at one of the restaurants runs about $13 or more, I just can't see spending that much. I usually bring Kind Bars in my carryon bag to eat on the plane and on my return flight wait at the airport.

Guess I am cheap.

I horde boxes of cereal from the second day breakfast. I bring two boxes to the cabin and a glass of milk and do that every day of the cruise. I have asked the buffet people for a piece of Saran Wrap and I cover the milk so it doesn't go bad. I will eat it at night as my late night snack. On the last night of the cruise I always ask for a covered glass of milk from the MDR and eat cereal in my room in the morning.

I understand people eating at the airport, but when a bottle of Pepsi is $3.25 and a breakfast meal at one of the restaurants runs about $13 or more, I just can't see spending that much. I usually bring Kind Bars in my carryon bag to eat on the plane and on my return flight wait at the airport.

Guess I am cheap.

We take a box or two off the ship too for our kids.  They are great snacks, especially for shore excursions

I agree with monctonguy, though. Breakfast can be crazy on the last morning. And to be honest, I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast on the last morning other than on a Disney cruise. We usually wait until the airport to grab something to eat to avoid the madness.

We usually hit the MDR for a final breakfast before disembarkation.  It's fast, and never as crazy as the Windjammer.

On our last cruise, we had planned to eat in the MDR b/c we had a later flight.  Turned out that they had already closed the MDR by the time we got there...so if you decide to do the MDR, just remember that it closes EARLY...and go early

Generally 8:30-8:45am closing time, based on past experience.