Port Everglades Today: What’s missing????

We've lived in S. FL for 8 years mostly in Fort Lauderdale. We're now in Cocnut Creek about 20 minutes north. On Thursday, we were part of a group that gathered on the Carrie B that does a tour along the New River. This river passes through central Fort Lauderdale and branching off of it are multiple canals. The New River enters into Port Everglades and you can access both the intercoastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean from the Port Everglades Cut.

We toured past multi-million dollar homes and mega yachts and had that very same look pictured above as we turned around and headed back West bound - an empty cruise pier and terminal. I cried.

That emotion stokes a good deal of my posting here. I know others are frustrated too so, I feel like I have a friendly ear to complain to. But we could be out of the woods with COVID globally barring some of the silly, non-science based policies affecting the cruising life we love. If only .....   

30 minutes ago, JeffB said:

We've lived in S. FL for 8 years mostly in Fort Lauderdale. We're now in Cocnut Creek about 20 minutes north. On Thursday, we were part of a group that gathered on the Carrie B that does a tour along the New River. This river passes through central Fort Lauderdale and branching off of it are multiple canals. The New River enters into Port Everglades and you can access both the intercoastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean from the Port Everglades Cut.

We toured past multi-million dollar homes and mega yachts and had that very same look pictured above as we turned around and headed back West bound - an empty cruise pier and terminal. I cried.

That emotion stokes a good deal of my posting here. I know others are frustrated too so, I feel like I have a friendly ear to complain to. But we could be out of the woods with COVID globally barring some of the silly, non-science based policies affecting the cruising life we love. If only .....   

I know the Carrie B very well! I was stuck behind her this afternoon on the way up the river. There’s only one thing worse then being stuck behind the Carrie B and that’s the Jungle Queen. The captain on the Jungle Queen stops for nobody, if your in the way you are going to get hit.