So, who likes to gamble?

I said I wasn't going to do it....but I did it anyway.  I just made full payment on the July 30th cruise on Oasis out of North Jersey.

- Will it be cancelled?  Odds are still high, but I see people are starting to warm up to the idea of cruising maybe starting in June/July

- Will it be 'modified' from a 9 night to a 7 night?  Maybe.  Won't bother me.  If it sails, we will be on it.  I've actually been waiting for 2 months now trying to add a 5th to the reservation because my son's friend if going to travel with us....if we go

- I'm so looking forward to it....I even booked all the first day at sea spa stuff I always spoil the wife with.  Only thing I couldn't do, was royal gifts aren't working so I could schedule some flowers to the room.

The dice have been rolled....will it come up 7s or snake eyes.  ?

38 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I said I wasn't going to do it....but I did it anyway.  I just made full payment on the July 30th cruise on Oasis out of North Jersey.

- Will it be cancelled?  Odds are still high, but I see people are starting to warm up to the idea of cruising maybe starting in June/July

- Will it be 'modified' from a 9 night to a 7 night?  Maybe.  Won't bother me.  If it sails, we will be on it.  I've actually been waiting for 2 months now trying to add a 5th to the reservation because my son's friend if going to travel with us....if we go

- I'm so looking forward to it....I even booked all the first day at sea spa stuff I always spoil the wife with.  Only thing I couldn't do, was royal gifts aren't working so I could schedule some flowers to the room.

The dice have been rolled....will it come up 7s or snake eyes.  ?

Really, I don't think this was a real gamble.  If the cruise sails, YIPPEE !!!  If it doesn't then you either get all of your money back or you make 25% on your investment to put towards another cruise or you get to move this cruise to next year.  I think you're a winner !!

Yep, these 25% profit margin on cancelled cruises are slowly paying for my annual summer cruises with the kids...and don't forget the additional 25% for cancelled on-board spend like drink packages....I've taken to booking Suites...worst case scenario is I cancel and get 100% fcc....or I actually get to cruise and have treated myself to a suite life ?

I was really hoping my May Oasis cruise would sail but it didn't turn out that way.  I do think we are very close to hearing news of the restart coming alive.  That doesn't mean the restart will begin tomorrow, rather we will soon get news of progress towards a restart. 

To hedge my bets I booked a June cruise and may book another.  I'm not positively, absolutely convinced they will sail either, but the 25% bonus is hard to ignore and worst case is the ship does sail.  

Any time the worst case scenario is actually going on a cruise, I'll take that bet every time.