San Juan Pier # for Oasis, Port stop?

Can anyone tell me which pier the Oasis will probably use for a port call in San Juan?

I am trying to figure out if it is around Pier #1 or #3 (right next to Old San Juan and trolley stops)? Or if it will be across the bay at the Pan American pier (which will require a taxi to get back over to Old San Juan)? This is not an embarkation from San Juan, just a port call. But I have read that the Pan American Pier is for the bigger ships.

We are scheduled for June 2017, on the Oasis, and I am enjoying the early planning and soaking up everyone's tips and suggestions.

Also any suggestions for visiting the forts would be welcome as well.

Many thanks to all of you.

Great link/reference. Thanks a bunch.

Any insider tips for visiting the forts (we are middle aged parents with teens)? My concern is that I have read that the offered excursions, really don't provide much actual time at the forts, and don't do many other "stops" for pictures or looking around.

All of OSJ is walkable.  El Moro is at the very western tip. but very doable (and I'm a lazy 55yo!).  The forts are part of the National Park System, so you can walk up, pay the entry ($5?), and explore them all you want.

explore on your own!  OSJ is very safe and fun, just avoid the two areas "below the wall" on the north and south shores.  Not to worry, you'd have to work to get yourselves there anyway!

We were just there.  We flew kites with the kids on the grassy area outside of El Morro.  The forts are amazing.  Plan to spend time there.  

I have a couple of points with regard to walking Old San Juan.  First, someone above said to avoid the areas north and south of the wall.  North of the wall I agree with.  However, south of the wall I don't.  In fact,  in my opinion, the best way to enter Old San Juan is from the West through the City Gate.  In order to do this, you walk west from the port area/Sheraton.  Go past the CVS and continue onto the promenade.  Continue west to the fountain which is right at the edge of the water.  From there continue north along the wall to the gate.  Then you can enter the city as was done nearly 500 years ago.  You can walk directly up the street to the Cathedral and see the tomb of Ponce De Leon.  The layout of Old San Juan will make much more since when you do it this way.  If you enter from the East, you are just walking in, and it doesn't give the historic feeling coming from the West does.  From there continue up Calle Cristo to the end.  Walk through the plaza until you see the El Morro.  Coming back down, just a block or so from the port, see Plaza Colon and get a photo of the Columbus Statue.

We were there with family.  It was way too much walking for my mother-in-law.  You can grab a cab or wait for the trolley.  Cabs aren't that bad there.  If you are with a big group, some can cab and some can walk.  It's about 20 minutes to get to the fort through the gate, but allow time for the church.  If some have difficulty walking and want to see the church, maybe you can walk there after the fort, it's downhill on Calle Cristo.  Going to the fort is a substantial up-hill walk.  

Any insider tips for visiting the forts (we are middle aged parents with teens)? My concern is that I have read that the offered excursions, really don't provide much actual time at the forts, and don't do many other "stops" for pictures or looking around.

Admission to one fort is good for both forts.  

You can easily do both forts on your own.  They are close enough to be walk-able.  I recommend walking down one of the smaller streets away from the fort, so that you can make a pit stop half way at a nice bar for a cold drink.

Great advice from everyone. I enjoy hearing from people recently there. Especially any little "gems" of shops/eateries in Old San Juan.

Any unique gift/souvenir ideas that really "represent" San Juan and are locally made, that anyone can suggest to be on the look out for?

Thanks again. I enjoy the planning part. My wife enjoys the vacation/relaxing part (so I can't over-walk her). All your suggestions are appreciated.

Depending on how fit you are, I'd recommend getting a taxi up to El Morro, about $1 per person (no more than $10 total), then you can walk to the smaller fort and Old San Juan all downhill. The free shuttle isn't worth the wait in my opinion.

Definitely do it on your own. No need for a tour and a great place to visit.

All of OSJ is walkable.  El Moro is at the very western tip. but very doable (and I'm a lazy 55yo!).  The forts are part of the National Park System, so you can walk up, pay the entry ($5?), and explore them all you want.

explore on your own!  OSJ is very safe and fun, just avoid the two areas "below the wall" on the north and south shores.  Not to worry, you'd have to work to get yourselves there anyway!

Yes, it is walkable...but just remember that you are going to walk UP HILL all the way to San Felipe del Morro Fortress, the premiere fort.  The free trolley will take you there and drop you off at the entrance.  

The return "walk" will be 1.3 miles.   Fortunately, you will be passing many restaurants and shops to rest for a spell.  

Map shows at this link.        http://tinyurl.com/hf6hyp2    

IN my opinion, the free trolley isn't worth it. With that many people in port, you're going to be waiting forever. Also, when it stops, there's a mad rush to board without any consideration to a line or who has been waiting.