Summer 2021

Stelkp

A thought guess - we still haven't seen test cruises yet (or the specs from the CDC delivered to the lines).  If we see that before May, and crew movements occur - perhaps a chance.  Depends upon what ship and which embarkation port.   The fleet is not all going to start sailing at the same time so folks will need to select ships that are the highest priority for the lines to bring back to operations.  How do we guess and pick the right ones for early start?   We know 2 Q class are going to be sailing over the summer - what's next in the queue, from a ship and embarkation port/region?

I will add to my list that I also have Plan B for the summer, because I am not optimistic on a restart date, and even if there was one for the summer, it may very well exclude Canadians, just like how Quantum and Odyssey are for their residents only.  So I am going somewhere lol.  I cannot handle being stuck at home for another summer.

37 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

A thought guess - we still haven't seen test cruises yet (or the specs from the CDC delivered to the lines).  If we see that before May, and crew movements occur - perhaps a chance.  Depends upon what ship and which embarkation port.   The fleet is not all going to start sailing at the same time so folks will need to select ships that are the highest priority for the lines to bring back to operations.  How do we guess and pick the right ones for early start?   We know 2 Q class are going to be sailing over the summer - what's next in the queue, from a ship and embarkation port/region?

Yea I never thought of it like that. Somehow I think New Jersey will NOT be one of the first ports. Maybe Florida. I’m thinking of booking august from Florida just in case. Ugh. Thanks for input. 

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I have July booked with FCCs. If that fails, I'll just roll it into a March cruise. Thought about a Thanksgiving cruise but airfare will be insane.

Keep a close eye on those FCC amounts, I've received, then applied and have been cancelled, still looking for well over 2,000 that somehow vanished into thin air, poor @Sharla with everything else she is doing working for free she has to search for it, I saved everything - RCCL won't even talk about my FCC with me. Ugh so frustrating. 

I'm still optimistic about July sailings from Southampton...

1. Anthem at Le Havre port France, via British waters (rumour that its crewing up, just rumour atm)

2. RCL like putting on 3 two week cruises in a row that coincide with the UK school holidays - blog group cruise is immediately before these cruises

3. I think they may want to get at least 1 cruise in before the 3 biggies with all the kids and families on-board (not a good look if those 3 cruises go tits up re covid)

4. Even with case numbers in Europe going up and potential 3rd lockdown stories flying around (true for some countries like Italy), but there are countries who want to open up to UK tourists that are vaccinated (or holidays departing from UK like cruises) - these include Spain (and Belgium) which has less than 5k daily new cases; then there's Portugal that has less than 1000/day...the other European country that has less than 1000/day?  Norway, home of those Fjords ?.

5. If they do domestic cruising in the UK - that would need a smaller ship that can fit in UK ports - jewel of the seas in Southampton (last time I checked).  Earliest they can do these sailings will be 17th May her in the UK. 

6. Earliest possible for international cruising from Southampton is looking like 21st June...

7. There's a big update in the UK on April 12th - expected is transport review (incl international travel); also expecting update on vaccination passports as well...UK maritime minister has already confirmed cruising will fall into these reviews.

8. I would keep an eye on the 12th April review and any updates on quarantine hotels (international arrivals to UK have to lockdown in hotels by law for 10 or 14 days).  Sky news is available live on YouTube and always shows these news conferences.

I think that we might have 2 RCL ships this summer...it'll be interesting to see what happens, but I wouldn't give up hope for that group cruise just yet.

15 minutes ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

8. I would keep an eye on the 12th April review and any updates on quarantine hotels (international arrivals to UK have to lockdown in hotels by law for 10 or 14 days).  

I

Scottish and English rules are different for people coming into the country, because of these differences it allows people from high risk countries to enter without the need to quarantine if they are smart.

If you stay in a high risk country and want to come to Scotland firstly fly to france or any other country that is not on the Englishgovernments list of banned countries, from there fly to England as you will not have to quarantine then head up to Scotland.

Once in Scotland you dont have to quarantine as youve came through england and you are free to spread the virus as happened with the 3 offshore workers from Brazil a few weeks ago...Brazil - Paris - London- Aberdeen 

23 minutes ago, Ray said:

Scottish and English rules are different for people coming into the country, because of these differences it allows people from high risk countries to enter without the need to quarantine if they are smart.

If you stay in a high risk country and want to come to Scotland firstly fly to france or any other country that is not on the Englishgovernments list of banned countries, from there fly to England as you will not have to quarantine then head up to Scotland.

Once in Scotland you dont have to quarantine as youve came through england and you are free to spread the virus as happened with the 3 offshore workers from Brazil a few weeks ago...Brazil - Paris - London- Aberdeen 

I'm right on the Welsh border and I can't keep up with all the differences between states...wish we were at least all the same.  They are saying that these domestic cruises (p&o and princess) will be England only ports atm...hope all least all other states join in as I know so many people (even those that don't cruise) that love the sound of a British Isles cruise and go al the way round...gotta say I'd be up for it

7 minutes ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

hope all least all other states join in as I know so many people (even those that don't cruise) that love the sound of a British Isles cruise and go al the way round...gotta say I'd be up for it

Doubt Nicola will allow it until shes sure its safe, money etc wont come into it, for her keeping country safe is what matters

I do think cruises will happen in June or July.  But I think they will be shorter in length, less than 7 days.  And may not be available to international travelers, if they are cruises in another country.  And of course, only some of the ships will sail first few months..  That is the big question....What ships are going to start first.  I expect 7 day cruises will start maybe Sept.  Or a couple months after shorter cruises start.

I had April and May cruises cancelled and my next one is out of Southampton in Sept., and it is 9 nights, so do not see it happening at all.

So this summer I have trips booked in the US. Charleston, SC.  Vegas.  etc.  

I have 5 cruises booked for next year and planning on most things to be back to normal by then.  And have 2 cruises booked December this year and hoping they will be a go.  I am more than ready to cruise.  Even with restrictions. 

We are booked on the Anthem for June and are awaiting cancellation on that one.  We are also booked on a B2B on the Mariner in August out of Port Canaveral.  I think that that there is a half way decent chance that this could go as they are 3 and 4 day cruises.  I booked them that way on purpose, as opposed to a 7 day, hoping that they could be sailing by then.  There have been theories out there that shorter hops from Florida might be more likely to sail and we won't cry if we miss Nassau and at least get to go to Coco Cay.  

We also have a January '22 cruise booked and a Fjord/Arctic cruise booked for July'22 to replace this June's Fjord cruise, which is a replacement for "last" year's Fjord cruise!  

We can hope.  

21 hours ago, deep1 said:

I was reading earlier today that Cunard plans on doing near home cruises possibly starting as soon as May 17. Greece has opened its ports. Its slow but its progress...

Todays reading found Crystal Cruises gearing Up to Base Cruises in the Bahamas Starting July. Hitting small island of Bimini and Great Harbour will set them apart

8 hours ago, deep1 said:

Todays reading found Crystal Cruises gearing Up to Base Cruises in the Bahamas Starting July. Hitting small island of Bimini and Great Harbour will set them apart

The new itineraries depart beginning July 3 through the end of October 2021, for a total of 32 “Bahamas Escapes” voyages sailing roundtrip from Nassau on Saturdays and from Bimini on Sundays. The cruises will be available for booking beginning March 18.

Under Crystal’s “Clean + 4.0” protocols, passengers are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their voyage and proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding, and mask-wearing, contactless dining and regular health monitoring of guests will take place while onboard Crystal Serenity.

51 minutes ago, Ray said:

The new itineraries depart beginning July 3 through the end of October 2021, for a total of 32 “Bahamas Escapes” voyages sailing roundtrip from Nassau on Saturdays and from Bimini on Sundays. The cruises will be available for booking beginning March 18.

Under Crystal’s “Clean + 4.0” protocols, passengers are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their voyage and proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding, and mask-wearing, contactless dining and regular health monitoring of guests will take place while onboard Crystal Serenity.

No way am I paying those prices for a mask wearing “contactless” experience. 

If the ship is a 100% vaccinated zone, there is no need for the masks and the no contact measures. 

22 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

No way am I paying those prices for a mask wearing “contactless” experience. 

If the ship is a 100% vaccinated zone, there is no need for the masks and the no contact measures. 

Your choice ? just as its cruiselines choice to implement these measures ? it really is that simple! And right now no amount of debating will change it, it is how it is just got to either get on with it or stay at home 

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

Can you honestly say, without fault, that the vaccinations that are being distributed, IF you took/received it, can AND will protect you from EVERY variant of COVID?? We all know that the vaccinations that are approved and are being distributed do not guarantee protection from EVERY variant of COVID. That's why we are still fighting this horrid pandemic and cruise ships cannot sail without guidance and protocols. There are currently are NO "100% vaccinated zone" in existence as if there were, cruises would have been sailing from U.S. ports already.

2 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Can you honestly say, without fault, that the vaccinations that are being distributed, IF you took/received it, can AND will protect you from EVERY variant of COVID?? We all know that the vaccinations that are approved and are being distributed do not guarantee protection from EVERY variant of COVID. That's why we are still fighting this horrid pandemic and cruise ships cannot sail without guidance and protocols. There are currently are NO "100% vaccinated zone" in existence as if there were, cruises would have been sailing from U.S. ports already.

The cruiseline has stated their ship will be a 100% vaccinated zone. The CDC has stated those vaccinated do not need to worry about social distancing or masking amongst themselves. 

My 30 plus years in medical practice does tell me that the current vaccines are effective against all known variants; due to the fact that we aren’t seeing any outbreaks of any unknown variant in the vaccinated population. 

27 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

The cruiseline has stated their ship will be a 100% vaccinated zone. The CDC has stated those vaccinated do not need to worry about social distancing or masking amongst themselves. 

My 30 plus years in medical practice does tell me that the current vaccines are effective against all known variants; due to the fact that we aren’t seeing any outbreaks of any unknown variant in the vaccinated population. 

Seriously??? Then, how do you explain Italy closing down again??? And I quote as reported by Italy directly, "Italy is facing another lockdown, as the government attempts to contain a recent surge of coronavirus cases, marred by the presence of new variants."  I have several family members in the medical field and I, myself, have a medical background.

And as for your statement about what the CDC stated is 100% inaccurate. And I quote from CDC directly, "We’re still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19. After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions in public places like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces until we know more.

Finally, The cruise line stated that their ship will be 100% vaccinated zone??? Which cruise line??? In order for this to happen the top three, RCG, CARNIVAL & NCL, would have to make that determination and/or U.S. government, which has not been announced for any U.S. Port.  If you are referring to Israel's requirement of OotS sailing out of Israel, that determination was made by the Israeli government in order for RCG to proceed with those sailings only.

What happens in ANOTHER country DOES NOT apply to any U.S. territory Spreading misinformation unless back by concrete facts frustrates everyone who is seeking to get back to sailing and get verifiable information.

30 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Seriously??? Then, how do you explain Italy closing down again??? And I quote as reported by Italy directly, "Italy is facing another lockdown, as the government attempts to contain a recent surge of coronavirus cases, marred by the presence of new variants."  I have several family members in the medical field and I, myself, have a medical background.

And as for your statement about what the CDC stated is 100% inaccurate. And I quote from CDC directly, "We’re still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19. After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions in public places like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces until we know more.

Finally, The cruise line stated that their ship will be 100% vaccinated zone??? Which cruise line??? In order for this to happen the top three, RCG, CARNIVAL & NCL, would have to make that determination and/or U.S. government, which has not been announced for any U.S. Port.  If you are referring to Israel's requirement of OotS sailing out of Israel, that determination was made by the Israeli government in order for RCG to proceed with those sailings only.

What happens in ANOTHER country DOES NOT apply to any U.S. territory Spreading misinformation unless back by concrete facts frustrates everyone who is seeking to get back to sailing and get verifiable information.

Well first Italy is not a 100% vaccinated zone. 

My comments were a reply to the Crystal Cruises out of Nassau this summer, and ONLY pertained to the Crystal Cruises out of Nassau this summer. Crystal Cruise line stated this ship would be 100% vaccinated. 

It can at times be difficult to follow the threads when they bounce around, I should have been more directed in my initial response. 

27 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Regarding your CDC quote, perhaps you should read the updated guidance for vaccinated individuals which clearly states masks and social distancing are not necessary amongst vaccinated individuals. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

5 posts that in all honesty are completely meaningless!!!

As i said no amount of debating on here is going to change whats happening.

Cruiselines have the right to do as they wish and we either accept it or stay at home.

With regards CDC quote if you want to follow it word for word then you dont have to wear a mask or social distance INDOORS....... so in MDR fill your boots but as soon as you go to pool deck put on a bloody mask and and keep away from others as its INDOORS only for no mask 

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

Regarding your CDC quote, perhaps you should read the updated guidance for vaccinated individuals which clearly states masks and social distancing are not necessary amongst vaccinated individuals. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Of course I did but apparently you missed the "jist" of what you directed me to read. And I quote your provided link:

"Fully vaccinated people can:

• Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
  • Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing

For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:

• Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
  • Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
  • Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
  • Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
  • Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
  • Follow guidance issued by individual employers
  • Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations"

This is the guidance per CDC. What you are stating is 100% erroneous information and is being taken out of context and twisted like a pretzel.

8 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Of course I did but apparently you missed the "jist" of what you directed me to read. And I quote your provided link:

"Fully vaccinated people can:

• Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
  • Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing

For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:

• Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
  • Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
  • Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
  • Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
  • Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
  • Follow guidance issued by individual employers
  • Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations"

This is the guidance per CDC. What you are stating is 100% erroneous information and is being taken out of context and twisted like a pretzel.

Its the part right at the top that is in play here. Vaccinated with Vaccinated... 

5 hours ago, deep1 said:

Its the part right at the top that is in play here. Vaccinated with Vaccinated... 

Yes indoors! Not outdoors!

Now do they mean indoors as in someone's house? Pretty sure they dont mean a cruiseship as further down they say to AVOID medium or large gatherings! And the last part to Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations which includes from same report 

• Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing

So outside on a cruiseship is not indoors so wear a mask ?

On 3/15/2021 at 11:42 AM, Ray said:

Virgin Voyages have just announced mandatory vaccination for both crew and guests, how long before all lines follow this direction?

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5959/

I'm hoping that if all adults need to be fully vaccinated, kids under 16 have to have a negative PCR test, that we will be allowed to quarantine anyone that falls ill without turning back to home ports, and just have contract tracing on board.  Hoping that masks and social distancing can do one (but why do I get that feeling that they are going to through the kitchen sink at it all) ?