No cruising for Canadians this summer?

7 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Wonderful news!  

I understand it is a loan condition Canada has to return the same number of doses later in the future.  But what do the Americans want in return as interest?  

The border to open I am sure...It’s killing the economies of towns along the border on both sides. Canada is so far behind in the Vaccine roll out. my 77 year old parents in Manitoba just got scheduled for the end of March. In Georgia we are doing 55 and older no restrictions and 16 and older with medical conditions (one of which is “overweight” so basically almost everyone qualifies today.

1 hour ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Wonderful news!  

I understand it is a loan condition Canada has to return the same number of doses later in the future.  But what do the Americans want in return as interest?  

Moosehead Beer.

But seriously I doubt the "loan" is ever repaid. When will Canada suddenly have a surplus of 1.5 million doses that the USA would then be able to use?

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Moosehead Beer.

But seriously I doubt the "loan" is ever repaid. When will Canada suddenly have a surplus of 1.5 million doses that the USA would then be able to use?

Canada actually has way more vaccines on order than it does citizens. We just placed huge orders anywhere we could with hopes some would deliver on time. At some point there will be excess amounts. I’m sure this will be the case worldwide but from all indications vulnerable people will need to continue getting boosters (aka flu shots)