Hmmm.... Crystal Serenity to start sailing out of Nassau

The real benefit will be the political momentum that will be generated and focused on the CDC when they slow roll cruising "out of an abundance of caution".  Once Florida sees lost revenue with the threat of more lost revenue there will be significant pressure applied to the CDC to get with the program and stop killing Americans by taking away their livelihoods at a time when the science no longer supports their cruise ship ban.  

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting.  They are only reducing capacity by 8%.

A small ship with 1k guests probably can't come close to turn a profit at 50% capacity.  At that point it probably would be cheaper to keep the ship in layup. 

That's one benefit that mega ships have.  At 50% capacity a mega ship has enough critical mass to break even with 3k guests on board.  

Well, look at it this way. There is a big fight going on and the big boys know they can't get in the ring and start throwing punches because that would not look good. The little brother will then go in and start flexing his muscles knowing full well he has the backing of his brothers. Guess what? the guy who for quite some time gave them headaches now know that either he has to back up the rhetoric ot get out of the way.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:11 PM, twangster said:

The real benefit will be the political momentum that will be generated and focused on the CDC when they slow roll cruising "out of an abundance of caution".  Once Florida sees lost revenue with the threat of more lost revenue there will be significant pressure applied to the CDC to get with the program and stop killing Americans by taking away their livelihoods at a time when the science no longer supports their cruise ship ban.  

It will be interesting to see how For Lauderdale and Miami will react when bookings for the Ft-Lauderdale to Bahamas ferry will dramatically increase in the few coming months. 

59 minutes ago, haf said:

Well, look at it this way. There is a big fight going on and the big boys know they can't get in the ring and start throwing punches because that would not look good. The little brother will then go in and start flexing his muscles knowing full well he has the backing of his brothers. Guess what? the guy who for quite some time gave them headaches now know that either he has to back up the rhetoric ot get out of the way.

So here's what I got from this...

We have the CDC in the middle with two big cruise lines and their Healthy Sail Panel on either side...

Three Stooges Vintage GIF

Along comes the little guy to save the day!

little rascals alfalfa GIF

• 1 month later...

Good Evening,

It's nice to see this thread is still having activity.  Oh I remember when they said it would never happen, to many obstacles.  I hope they all find a home outside of the US so they can stick it to the CDC and our Government.  Unfortunately, many people are out of jobs because of this so I do feel so bad for them. 

Hey, maybe it might turn into a life changing event and they move to where the jobs are!  Always in awe when I watch that cable tv show where people pack up and move to an international location.