Port canaveral

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Btw. This is for the group cruise in November! Fingers crossed we cruise!!!! I’m flying in from ct/ny the Saturday before, was looking at airfare and it was pricey ($500+ RT)cause it is thanksgiving week, but last night, I found some $235 round trip , not sure if it was a glitch or what but I booked it! 

1 hour ago, cman2020 said:

What’s up all,

Best hotel or hotels to stay at before a cruise out of port canaveral? (Close as possible)Our cruise is scheduled to go on a Sunday, we arrive Saturday morn. Also things to do? I know space center is right there etc? TIA ! 

We always stay at the Residence Inn. It’s across from the port, has a shuttle to the terminal (although we always Uber to get there early), has a nice pool area to relax, and if you traveling with a family of 3 or 4 can get a 2 BR suite for a decent price. 

To the topic of the space center, I'm been in Orland since middle school in 88 and had been to KSC once. 

We went for a school field trip last year, and if you have any memory or history with the shuttle program at all, I think that it is worth your time.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:04 AM, cman2020 said:

Btw. This is for the group cruise in November! Fingers crossed we cruise!!!! I’m flying in from ct/ny the Saturday before, was looking at airfare and it was pricey ($500+ RT)cause it is thanksgiving week, but last night, I found some $235 round trip , not sure if it was a glitch or what but I booked it! 

I'm glad you booked it... Although this is a cruise line blog, people should know all the major carriers have gotten rid of change fees which in many cases could be cost $200 dollars per ticket.  Now if your plans change and you need to change your flight you can without penalty and if the new fair is higher than the fair already paid you just pay the difference instead of the old why where you paid the difference plus the $200 dollar change fee.  Customers can also do same day standby for free well, this option use to cost anywhere from $50 - $100 dollars depending on the airline.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What's the go-to shuttle company these days from MCO

+1 for Cortrans. They have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and across many other forums. In our personal dealings with them, they have always replied quickly and efficiently and their prices are very reasonable compared to other competitors.

2 hours ago, Floski said:

Four cruises, four stays at the Radison.  It's super convenient, and we like the layout.

Excellent pool and pool bar.   We park for the week, take the shuttle to and from the port.

We have stayed several times before cruises. Their shuttle service is we’ll organized. They sometimes have entertainment on the weekends at the pool bar. If you have a big family, some of their suites have two king beds and a pull out sofa.

15 hours ago, Floski said:

Four cruises, four stays at the Radison.  It's super convenient, and we like the layout.

Excellent pool and pool bar.   We park for the week, take the shuttle to and from the port.

Daft question, is the hotel near the airport or the port, just starting to plan our 2022 cruise, like the look of Mariner going to Aruba

• 3 months later...