Cancelation FCC Calculation issue

We booked a cruise with FCC money and paid the rest out of pocket, so let say we paid $1000 with FCC and $1000 out of pocket. If we chose to let RC cancel us and that automatically creates a new FCC, will we get 125% on the $1000 we paid out of pocket so the new FCC will be $2250 or will we just get back $2000 for the new FCC? Right now they sent us back the $2000, and I am trying to figure out of we were supposed to get back the $2250.

7 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

no they do not do the 125 off a previous FCC.

So I am assuming the calculation would be

$1000 (Prev FCC) +
($1000 (Paid for cruise) * 1.25) = $1250

$2250 new cruise credit issued

Your taxes and fees are not eligible for 125%. Those get directly refunded to your credit card. Could that be the reason for the difference?

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Your taxes and fees are not eligible for 125%. Those get directly refunded to your credit card. Could that be the reason for the difference?

No I already took that into consideration ... I am working with my TA to get them to talk to RC cause when I call RC they will not talk to me cause I went thru a TA.

9 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

No I already took that into consideration ... I am working with my TA to get them to talk to RC cause when I call RC they will not talk to me cause I went thru a TA.

It wouldn’t be the first time. There are many people who either get too little or too much FCC throughout this whole mess. Good luck with it.

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is all then combined into one new FCC.

This is slightly off topic.  Does the new FCC get an extended expiration date?  I got tired of a snowballing FCC so I put my large FCC on a cruise way in the future right before the expiration date.  I even booked a suite just to use the whole amount of the FCC.  I hope that cruise isn't cancelled because it is in August 2022.  If it does get cancelled, I assumed I would get an extension on the expiration date.  Is that true?

8 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

This is slightly off topic.  Does the new FCC get an extended expiration date?  I got tired of a snowballing FCC so I put my large FCC on a cruise way in the future right before the expiration date.  I even booked a suite just to use the whole amount of the FCC.  I hope that cruise isn't cancelled because it is in August 2022.  If it does get cancelled, I assumed I would get an extension on the expiration date.  Is that true?

Traditionally, FCCs usually have a expiry of one year from the date of issue. FCCs from global cancellations (so either CWC or they cancel) have an expiry up to September 2022 at this point.

10 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Take a look at this FAQ

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-used-a-future-cruise-credit-to-pay-for-a-cruise-that-is-now-cancelled

6 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

The base fare gets tricky after a FCC was applied.  I suppose that Royal has a formula for that but at that stage i gave up trying to understand and accepted what they said it was.

It certainly can which is why they recently updated the way FCC is applied.

In the past they would reduce the base fare by an FCC amount.

Recently they began applying FCC like a payment leaving the original base fare intact.  

If you have any original invoices make a point of saving those somewhere easy to find.

in the future when you book a cruise immediately obtain an invoice and save that somewhere.  It becomes the baseline for everything that might follow.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

It certainly can which is why they recently updated the way FCC is applied.

In the past they would reduce the base fare by an FCC amount.

Recently they began applying FCC like a payment leaving the original base fare intact.  

If you have any original invoices make a point of saving those somewhere easy to find.

in the future when you book a cruise immediately obtain an invoice and save that somewhere.  It becomes the baseline for everything that might follow.  

I think this is what might have happened to me.

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have done that.  Once I did a L&S and the invoice seemed correct.  It had a remaining balance due that also seemed correct.  Then a few weeks later someone posted something about a glitch involving how a L&S was processed.  When I looked a my online balance due again it changed such that my remaining balance increased by  $300.  There was a FCC involved so that complicated things even more.  Royal was good and acknowledged an error was made.  I still don't know how they recalculated everything but I'm pretty sure that I came out ahead by $700 when I compared the original invoice with the new recalculated invoice.

I just hope it isn't subject to future review.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to someone at Royal yesterday and they told me I should have gotten Less than what I got back. And seeing I booked with a TA they will not share any numbers even though I have a whole bunch of numbered invoices, so my TA is not keeping any numbers from me.

Is there any number to call instead of the Main number and route thru the system? Yesterday I spent and hour with RC and then with my TA explaining all the numbers. This is infuriating.