Not sure what is even right anymore with billing

Matt V

Between the multiple cruises canceled, iffy FCC amounts, numerous invoices that never match, I am not sure what is correct anymore.  I am at the mercy of RC and whoever answers my call to figure it out. 

I went to make final payment and was first told it was paid in full. Then put on hold and told I owe $250, but my last invoice says I owe $90.  None of my itemizations match from invoice to invoice.

I'm normally good with tracking spending and payments on my life but I'm so turned around with this whole experience.  And when they cancel this cruise soon, they couldn't tell me what FCC or cash refunds I would get back. 

Anyone else in the same boat? 

Ha, I just spent a couple of days trying reconcile my own FCCs and OBCs and match what my invoices say, same problems, I can't get the math to work out. Part of my problem is the weird way they apply the FCC. It would be so much easier if they just subtracted it from what was owned similar to how they do the deposit, instead they deduct it from the cruise fare, so you need to keep multiple copies of invoices. I've started using a travel agent which has let me just drop in their lap, but I have one cruise that I booked, that I've used FCC and OBC for two other cruises which have since been canceled which went through my agent. The good news was when I called RCL last week, I only held for about 5 minutes and got my answers right away, lucky that I was ahead of the May cancellations.

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Use a TA most of the time, but have 2 direct bookings which I prefer to pay down balances.  Tried to make payments, but my cruise planner is telling me I have no balance due.  I've made payments in the past.  Is this a common occurrence on direct bookings? 

I noticed the same thing on mine.   I'm guessing the "glitch" will be fixed eventually.  

1 hour ago, Vacation Crazy said:

I noticed the same thing on mine.   I'm guessing the "glitch" will be fixed eventually.  

I hope so, it does not seem right. As a company we are choosing to stand by them as well as a handful of the most amazing TA's yet they make it so hard and frustrating. If they cancel any more on me, I am taking the refunds as the weird RCCL math is trying on my nerves already. Thousands of dollars just "poof" Sure they may get around to fixing it but the frustration and extra work for our TA's just not cool. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I hope so, it does not seem right. As a company we are choosing to stand by them as well as a handful of the most amazing TA's yet they make it so hard and frustrating. If they cancel any more on me, I am taking the refunds as the weird RCCL math is trying on my nerves already. Thousands of dollars just "poof" Sure they may get around to fixing it but the frustration and extra work for our TA's just not cool. 

I completely feel your frustration with the weird math, questionable FCC amounts and random refunds.  I spent a few hours on the phone recently trying to get things resolved.  The "glitch" I'm referring to is in our favor.   Our cruise shows it is paid in full when there is a balance.  Who knows anymore!!!  I might be kicking myself for not booking a suite if they are paying off balances?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 9:53 AM, Matt V said:

Between the multiple cruises canceled, iffy FCC amounts, numerous invoices that never match, I am not sure what is correct anymore.  I am at the mercy of RC and whoever answers my call to figure it out. 

I went to make final payment and was first told it was paid in full. Then put on hold and told I owe $250, but my last invoice says I owe $90.  None of my itemizations match from invoice to invoice.

I'm normally good with tracking spending and payments on my life but I'm so turned around with this whole experience.  And when they cancel this cruise soon, they couldn't tell me what FCC or cash refunds I would get back. 

Anyone else in the same boat? 

I've spoken to 4 reps who gave me 4 different answers. I keep calling because I'm doubting things are being processed. A few days ago the rep finally processed the right amount. I call back today to double check and now it's off by $400. They can't send me an email to break down what's coming back to us. I feel like their system is so antiquated.