I used Air2Sea for the first time

Matt

36 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

If we end up dropping one passenger off the cruise and we've reserved the flight for them, how does that work?

Probably worth a phone a call to A2S but I would assume it depends on timing.  Prior to final payment you can probably drop a guest without airline associated fees.  After final payment and as you get closer there may be airline associated fees which are typically $200 per person IME.

1 hour ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Probably worth a phone a call to A2S but I would assume it depends on timing.  Prior to final payment you can probably drop a guest without airline associated fees.  After final payment and as you get closer there may be airline associated fees which are typically $200 per person IME.

And note there may be two sets of fees for something like this - one for the travel agency, and one for the airline. It would all be in the fine print when booked or reserved. 

• 1 month later...

So today was a super sad day for me, but also a very good one.

I had to yet again, cancel another sailing (FR for next Monday).  This one hurts especially because I actually had high hopes of sailing.  But no open land border between the US and Canada means no cruise for me, so there goes another.

However, I had another fantastic Air2Sea experience today!  I called Air2Sea a few days ago to get a quote for my Anthem sailing out of Southampton next July (2022).  They quoted me Air Canada fares for both Premium Economy (same as Delta's Premium Select) and Business Class (Delta's Delta One).  Both were fully refundable (which I wanted) but I did not like either price, especially when I compare it directly with airline pricing.  I even commented to the agent that I was surprised since Air2Sea pricing is usually way more competitive.

Anyway, long story short, because it's an international flight and @JLMoranhas gone on extensively about booking these when Air2Sea first releases pricing, after taking a few days to think about it, Hubby and I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead with securing the booking.  

This afternoon, after cancelling Freedom, I called Air2Sea back to book 4 of us (Hubby, D15, D13, and myself) in Premium Economy.  To my surprise, while the direct Air Canada pricing has not budged at all, Air2Sea was now quoting me a lower fare for Premium Economy.  So those of you know me, will know that I could not resist what was to follow next.  I figured since Premium Economy pricing has dropped, maybe Business Class has as well?  Boy, did it ever drop!  Business class pricing was quoted to me at over half the price of Air Canada's online pricing for a refundable fare.  I did not think twice, or stop to ask Hubby.  YOLO Book it!

The only downside was that for some reason, Air2Sea was not able to confirm my selected seats for the flight home....

And if anyone has a suggestion for a family of 4 (2 adults and two teens) in the 1-2-1 pod arrangement, I would love to hear it before I call them back to try to pick my seats for the return flight.

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So today was a super sad day for me, but also a very good one.

I had to yet again, cancel another sailing (FR for next Monday).  This one hurts especially because I actually had high hopes of sailing.  But no open land border between the US and Canada means no cruise for me, so there goes another.

However, I had another fantastic Air2Sea experience today!  I called Air2Sea a few days ago to get a quote for my Anthem sailing out of Southampton next July (2022).  They quoted me Air Canada fares for both Premium Economy (same as Delta's Premium Select) and Business Class (Delta's Delta One).  Both were fully refundable (which I wanted) but I did not like either price, especially when I compare it directly with airline pricing.  I even commented to the agent that I was surprised since Air2Sea pricing is usually way more competitive.

Anyway, long story short, because it's an international flight and @JLMoranhas gone on extensively about booking these when Air2Sea first releases pricing, after taking a few days to think about it, Hubby and I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead with securing the booking.  

This afternoon, after cancelling Freedom, I called Air2Sea back to book 4 of us (Hubby, D15, D13, and myself) in Premium Economy.  To my surprise, while the direct Air Canada pricing has not budged at all, Air2Sea was now quoting me a lower fare for Premium Economy.  So those of you know me, will know that I could not resist what was to follow next.  I figured since Premium Economy pricing has dropped, maybe Business Class has as well?  Boy, did it ever drop!  Business class pricing was quoted to me at over half the price of Air Canada's online pricing for a refundable fare.  I did not think twice, or stop to ask Hubby.  YOLO Book it!

The only downside was that for some reason, Air2Sea was not able to confirm my selected seats for the flight home....

And if anyone has a suggestion for a family of 4 (2 adults and two teens) in the 1-2-1 pod arrangement, I would love to hear it before I call them back to try to pick my seats for the return flight.

Boy, that is a mixed bag of good and bad news....but I am so happy that you were able to get the great deal on the airfare !!  Sorry to hear that you had to cancel Freedom ? but I guess that was going to happen no matter what.  At least you tempered the disappointment with some GOOD news for your trip to the UK !!

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would have gone for sure if they had opened the land border.  I already had flights booked and everything.  More Delta e-credits accumulating lol

I know the feeling.  I have AA vouchers that MUST be used.  I have moved them 3 different times and the last cruise to which I had moved them (Vision out of San Juan) was just cancelled....so now I have to move them again !  DRAT !

What is your sailing date on AN out of Southampton ?  Maybe I will come and join you there !  LOL

29 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You should!!!! @GregD and I are both on that one.  Come join us.  7/8/2022 ? You can probably take a guess where you will find me on that sailing...lol

Hmmm...GS is the best suite they have left on that one and I will never again pay for a GS on Q class.  Not worth it.

They probably won't let me into UK anyway.  ?

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Once the flight is booked and you have your confirmation number, you should be able to go to the Air Canada site and enter it there to proceed with seat selection, etc. Air2Sea doesn't actually do the seat selection for you, and if you ask them to check it they'll just use the same web site.

If AC isn't letting you select seats, or isn't showing them on a second login with the flight confirmation, then it could be that they're not allowing seat selection until the seat is ticketed (paid for). I've seen that with some airlines (e.g., United), while others consider the flight ticketed as soon as you have your confirmation number.