Weird RCCL FCC Math?

Neesa

First and foremost I have to shout out to Sharla Manglass of MEI Travel [email protected]  @Sharlawho is in the middle of trying to work this our for me, I wonder if this is the experience  of anyone else or are we just the lucky ones, smh.... FCC math is of a different sort and I am loosing my patience and struggle to contact Sharla because of the work she has to do that is frustrating and takes up so much of her time, okay rant over.  SHARLA IS THE BEST!! 

Initial FCC tethered to cancellation June 2020 12444.

Applied to sailing May 2021, I cancelled did not think it was going returned 6498. So 5946FCC left right? No

Finally received balance of FCC from initial cancellation 3781. FCC   wait that does not add up. I paid cash initially and now am missing 2165 FCC, where did it go? My FCC but they refuse to talk to me must irritate my TA again. This was all FCC no cash ever refunded. Why RCCL? So, has this happened to anyone else? Please everyone be diligent like our friend @twangster recommends save and keep track of every sailing, every FCC every sailing reservation number. I know I am in good hands with Sharla but I feel her pain every time something like this happens. I love sailing RCCL but I believe they could do better. Now, I would like to get this sorted and board a ship ASAP, please and thank you. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

FCC math is of a different sort

It isn't the FCC math so much ... it is more like funny money.  I came to that conclusion when my FCC was applied to a cruise and only the cruise fare decreased.  Now I have no idea what the actual cruise fare was.   The FCC wasn't even itemized so it magically disappeared but the cruise fare price looks great.

I asked about it once and Royal said the FCC was in their system.  I would recommend developing your own system to keep track of it.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

It isn't the FCC math so much ... it is more like funny money.  I came to that conclusion when my FCC was applied to a cruise and only the cruise fare decreased.  Now I have no idea what the actual cruise fare was.   The FCC wasn't even itemized so it magically disappeared but the cruise fare price looks great.

I asked about it once and Royal said the FCC was in their system.  I would recommend developing your own system to keep track of it.

This reducing fare was messing up a lot of TAs as well so they recently made a lot of enhancements including applying FCC as payments rather than reducing cruise fares.  Makes it a lot easier to watch for price drops too.  

Yes, this has happened to me too. I cancelled a cruise in July 2020, got FCC and taxes back for 1 out of 3 passengers. I have contacted my TA numerous times and I've also contacted royal directly on Facebook. Each time they tell me someone is working on it. I have checked in every month since then and I don't think anybody is working on it. I am so tired of nagging. It's literally been months and nobody can tell me what's going on or how to fix it. Every time I think about nagging my TA again, royal cancels another round and I feel so bad for the TAs.

Yes it happens. We had two cancellations where one FCC was way short and one which was more. Of course we only contewctred Royal about the lesser amount. It got resolved and then a couple weeks ago they emailed us about the over paid FCC and reissued at the correct amount. It wasn't really ever a concern as the maths was easy to work out, just had to give them a nudge to look into it.