February 6th 2020 Harmony of the Seas cancelled Sorry for your luck.

Royal Caribbean Cancelled my February 6th Harmony of the seas sailing due to it being "Chartered" according to their email.  They advised you could get an onboard credit of $100 - $200 depending your state room class. The catch is you have to book one of the 4 days they tell you to get it. I tried calling to object, and received a scripted response. We can not help you  as this was a corporate decision, and you only get the onboard credit for your troubles if you re-book when we tell you. I could not speak to a supervisor, but did get an email address to send a complaint to. WOW!!! This is the first time since I began cruising with them I have been treated like dirt, and am hoping that is not the normal for their normal excellent customer service going forward. 

Has there been other people experiencing this from them as well?

Unfortunately, charters happen from time to time. The offer you mentioned above is pretty standard for cancellations due a sailing being chartered. 

I first heard about this charter last Thursday night. Do you have a TA with with you?  That might be your best resource in a situation such as this.

Me! I was booked on that cruise! I wanted a February vacation. Not a January or March! The company seemed to value the customers inconvenienced by the covid cancellations but just threw us overboard with few options. I might forfeit my crown and anchor status and try a different cruise line when sailings resume!

45 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do you have a TA with with you?  That might be your best resource in a situation such as this.

I agree.

Our Nov 2021 Navigator back to back is canceled because it's been chartered.  We were offered obc for rebooking on one of their specific options or we could rebook anytime and our nrd was safe.

Our travel agent Michelle made changing our two reservations easy......easy to the point where I feel guilty about her doing all the work for us.

As far as Royal choosing a lucrative charter over individual passengers, that's a business decision.  I bet they make more from charters than they lose from disgruntled customers.

30 minutes ago, Floski said:

I'm confused - are we talking 2020 or 2021?

18 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Not at all, it could still be 2023, I was afraid to ask since others in the thread just rolled with it.  It’s been a long year.

Stay Safe

It was Harmony; February 6, 2022 that was chartered. 

11 hours ago, Floski said:

I'm confused - are we talking 2020 or 2021?

11 hours ago, Floski said:
11 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

Well, I assumed 2022, since we are already past February of the last 2 years, so I have been really confused. ?

Geez, I'm an idiot.  ?

I didn't even flinch at the date. Given posts I've seen in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was here to complain about something that happened a year ago. 

I had 2 bedroom Aqua on Allure Jan 17, 2021 (I booked it Nov 2019). It was chartered. I was notified in February 2020 with option to switch to sailing one week before or after and $400 on board credit. No A1 rooms on either sailing. Other classes of rooms not price protected to itinerary release prices (I had screen shot of all suite prices from Nov 2019) I negotiated a price for a two bedroom grand suite for Jan 10, 2021. This was cancelled due to suspension. I took future cruise credit as I had paid in full. Now trying to get an on board credit voucher for the $400 and having issues. 
Moral of this story is it’s a bummer and complicated when a sailing gets chartered. It would be nice if Royal held back an appropriate number sailings at release day and marketed them as Charters instead of allowing public to book and get excited, then find out the sailing won’t happen 11 months prior. Like someone had said on another post, the additional revenue from charters must be enough to offset the costs of reaccomodations.