So what’s the deal with May cruises?

Anyone else think “something’s up?” Why have they not cancelled? Rumor mill in some Facebook groups churning up Cozumel as a new home port starting in May. We all read the news on this earlier. I wouldn’t blame Royal one bit if they moved several ships south to get them going. Only hope they’d eventually come back “home.” I’d hate to have to fly every time I take a cruise. Living in Florida has got me spoiled! 

May is DOA, cant not be given all the logistics and approvals required to make it happen, they are just delaying hoping to be able to make a "may is dead but good news, we are definitely, positively, maybe going to be able to cruise in june".

Against my better judgement (and mostly based on people on this board talking about getting optimistic again) I am looking at July 4th weekend but I am probably no more than 50/50 on whether that sails.

We're told that the CDC sailing specs will be delivered to the cruise lines any day.  So given that, if the balloon goes up,  how long does the logistics supply train (include crew vaccinations and movement) to get to their ship?  But there will need to be some test cruises too - how long for that?  So what's the timeline from balloon up and real cruises? 2-4 months?  Our seasoned admins probably know folks who know those calendar set backs.  Its almost mid-March - so May's out, high probability  June is too.  Guessing.

29 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

We're told that the CDC sailing specs will be delivered to the cruise lines any day.  So given that, if the balloon goes up,  how long does the logistics supply train (include crew vaccinations and movement) to get to their ship?  But there will need to be some test cruises too - how long for that?  So what's the timeline from balloon up and real cruises? 2-4 months?  Our seasoned admins probably know folks who know those calendar set backs.  Its almost mid-March - so May's out, high probability  June is too.  Guessing.

However, if they move to Cozumel they don’t have to deal with the CDC. They can sail whenever. 

I hear you Jill !!!!!! 

I would love to see the Cozumel government get things organized really quickly to host embarkation!  And stick it to the CDC and our government!!!!!

On another note, I had to pay for my May B2B on the Navi, I don't think she will sail but my FCC spreadsheet keeps on getting bigger !!!! LOL

6 hours ago, Jill said:

However, if they move to Cozumel they don’t have to deal with the CDC. They can sail whenever. 

Cozumel does not have embarkation terminal infrastructure (including supply logistics) to start up there. One could argue - airport and transportation infrastructure would also require amped up.  Still all the crew needs to be vaccinated (per RCL), unlikely that will happen in Mexico.  Long term, with lots of investment, Cozumel could become an embarkation port, but that's a multi-year prep, not something that can happen in the remainder of a year.