2 Bedroom Aquatheater Suite On Allure

6 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

We have the Villa suite booked on Liberty and after looking at this Aquatheater suite on Allure for the same money, it seems like you get WAY more for your money in the Star class suite.  

Definitely!  When you factor in Star Class includes the Deluxe Drink Package, VOOM, Unlimited Dining, Gratuities (except Genie gratuity is not included), the stocked minibar, and free laundry/pressing services, it's a much better deal than it first appears to be.

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Most definitely!  VOOM, Drink package, UDP, Genie...

When I say same money thats before adding these addons to the Liberty sailing as in VOOM, UDP and UBP.   Should we just wait a year and switch?  I would hope by 2023 all of this will be behind us. 

When the 1st attempt for Allure in TX was impacted Royal moved my A2 on Allure to Liberty but refused to do anything about the Star Class perks.  

For the size of my group that was going to add several thousand to the price of Liberty for the DX, UPD, Voom and gratuity and no Genie!  I couldn't do it and we took the refund, the only other choice offered at the time.

18 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

When I say same money thats before adding these addons to the Liberty sailing as in VOOM, UDP and UBP.   Should we just wait a year and switch?  I would hope by 2023 all of this will be behind us. 

I’m not sure what you’re asking.  Wait a year and switch what to what ?  If you are asking if you should wait a year and switch from your Liberty Villa to an Allure ATS, I would say that #1, the price on the ATS is likely to go higher (perhaps significantly higher) in a year and #2, it most likely won’t be available in a year.

If the Allure A1 is truly the same price as a Liberty Villa, and if you have 5 or less people, and if you have the opportunity to move your reservation from Liberty to Allure, I would recommend that you run, don’t walk, to switch this reservation immediately. 

40 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’m not sure what you’re asking.  Wait a year and switch what to what ?  If you are asking if you should wait a year and switch from your Liberty Villa to an Allure ATS, I would say that #1, the price on the ATS is likely to go higher (perhaps significantly higher) in a year and #2, it most likely won’t be available in a year.

If the Allure A1 is truly the same price as a Liberty Villa, and if you have 5 or less people, and if you have the opportunity to move your reservation from Liberty to Allure, I would recommend that you run, don’t walk, to switch this reservation immediately. 

I should have worded this better.   The Allure sailing is a year further out from our Liberty sailing.   It's the A2 room and it's 100pp cheaper than our current booking without any addons.  7 people,  wife and I plus our 5 kids. 

1 hour ago, Yo2slick said:

I would not wait period.  There are quite a few reports of prices jumping rapidly since Tuesday night's release on SC cabins.  And when I say jumping, it is quite a jump.  Like in the $8K-$20k range.  No joke.

5 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

I should have worded this better.   The Allure sailing is a year further out from our Liberty sailing.   It's the A2 room and it's 100pp cheaper than our current booking without any addons.  7 people,  wife and I plus our 5 kids. 

If you really want to secure both, just bite the bullet and put a deposit down on that Allure sailing for 3 to lock the price down.  Then if you let it go cause you end up sailing LB, you will only lose $300 in change fee.  Beats coming back tomorrow to find out the the room has jumped $8000.  And yes, this has already happened to some people since Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you really want to secure both, just bite the bullet and put a deposit down on that Allure sailing for 3 to lock the price down.  Then if you let it go cause you end up sailing LB, you will only lose $300 in change fee.  Beats coming back tomorrow to find out the the room has jumped $8000.  And yes, this has already happened to some people since Tuesday.

This is a great point.  it's easy to dwell on a couple hundred in deposits.  I get it.  it's hundreds of dollars.  However price changes over time range into the thousands of dollars for Star Class.  So it's like... great I didn't lose a couple hundred in deposits but I cost myself $5k or more in higher cruise fares, did I win?     

We are now in star class on Allure for Feb 2023

1 hour ago, Yo2slick said:

We are now in star class on Allure for Feb 2023

Woohoo! I can accept any blame for this one lol. I think it is a way better choice than LB. 

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We’ll done ! You won’t regret it.  Well...maybe you will b/c it’s hard to go back once you’ve been a Star.

It is most definitely the point of no return. Consider it a warning ?

Woohoo! I can accept any blame for this one lol. I think it is a way better choice than LB. 

It is most definitely the point of no return. Consider it a warning ?

With all the added options I couldn't pass it up not to mention the lower cost.  Under 12k final price.  

I have been really busy the last week or so with my job and finally finding a new house.  We sold in December and have been renting.  We have finally found the perfect house for us!  Yay!  I am sure ya'll aren't interested in that, but I obviously missed something.  What was the Star Class announcement on Tuesday?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

What was the Star Class announcement on Tuesday?

Late Tuesday night the 7 might Caribbean itineraries were released into '23. Many of us who book star class got our rooms got booked, and there is lots of talk about how high the prices have gone on those rooms, as well as other categories as well.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, twangster said:

When the 1st attempt for Allure in TX was impacted Royal moved my A2 on Allure to Liberty but refused to do anything about the Star Class perks.  

For the size of my group that was going to add several thousand to the price of Liberty for the DX, UPD, Voom and gratuity and no Genie!  I couldn't do it and we took the refund, the only other choice offered at the time.

Interesting... we were able to Lift and Shift our A2 from Allure to Symphony, but we did it before they moved us to Liberty. Things were pretty dynamic at the time with the Lift and Shift rules.