Let's talk My Time Dining

Scoular

Hi All,

My family and I have just booked to go on the Odyssey of the Seas in October 2022. We always go with My Time dining and I usually book it on The Cruise Planner.  I can't remember where I found it last time we cruised.  I know the timeslots go quickly and as there are 6 of us I want to ensure we get in on the time we want.  As it was probably 2 or so years since we last booked one, I can't remember where to find it or whether I am actually looking in the right place and it's just not available yet.  I remember a lot of things aren't available until about 120-90 days before but I felt My Time dining was available to choose sooner, but I could well be wrong. 

Any advice is really appreciated.  It could save me checking back every day for the next year or so! 

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Yes, that’s where it is.  Be aware, you can only book 1 night at a time, then go back in for each subsequent night.  It’s kind of a pain!

There is a trick to planning all dining including My Time for the duration of the cruise.

Click on the Dining button, choose All Dining

768688984_Planalldining1.thumb.jpg.6bcc07c8a832e5a6931946c0f25239b1.jpg

Next click Plan All Cruise Dining at the bottom

836313107_Planallcruisedining.thumb.jpg.693884b2d5db417c92ad707f0db4bacd.jpg

This will open a screen where you can plan every night and checkout only once.

1307901570_Planalldining2.thumb.jpg.0618374caccf9fd21e79b1d66ab5fe0e.jpg

With the new My Royal Cruise planner coming this will likely change but I suspect there will be something similar.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

I will say that MTD appears to be changing, possibly.

For all of my cruises I've been grabbing MTD times not knowing if WJ will be open for dinner during the pandemic protocols.  The earliest time across the board has been 6:30pm for MTD.

Thanks for the heads up! 

OMG this Plan All Dining option is a lifesaver. And time saver & email-clutter saver for an 11-nights of MTD!
Can also confirm @twangster's comment that the earliest MTD was 6:30pm - at least for Vision.
Not sure how far out you can book, @Scoular but I'm able to reserve for an April 2022 sailing. I may have been able to earlier, I just never bothered to check!

5 hours ago, twangster said:

That's odd.  Maybe try a different browser or device.

My cruise planner doesn’t look like the example you posted.  I don’t have options across the top.  I have a menu box in the top left corner.  When I click on Dining, I get a list (with pictures) of options but nothing that looks like your example ?‍♀️.  I had to book the old fashioned way, one night at a time.  Oh well, kept me busy for a little while!

Wait, I could've booked the same Alaska cruise as you and missed it by a couple of weeks?!?!?!  Darn Baxter's school schedule

Looked again, sorry don't know how to copy and paste on my Mac (I texted my daughter, sad to be one of those parents)

Nope, no my Dining

By selecting a time you are adding the reservation to your Shopping Cart

Available Scheduling Issue In Cart

Dinner at Chops
Chops Grille

View Menu

from* $40 USD Adult
Giovanni's Table
Giovanni's Table

View Menu

from* $33 USD Adult
Dinner at Izumi
Izumi

View Menu

from* $40 USD Adult
Dinner at Chef's Table
Chef's Table ⁠— Dinner

View Menu

from* $85 USD Adult

3 Night Dining Package
3 Night Dining Package
from* $79 USD Adult

Unlimited Dining Package
Unlimited Dining Package
from* $168 USD Adult

Chops Grille Lunch
Chops Grille Lunch

View Menu

from* $23 USD Adult
Sushi & Sake
Sushi & Sake — Lunch

View Menu

from* $40 USD Adult

We're sorry, no reservations are available for this restaurant within this meal period

Taste of Royal – Lunch
Taste Of Royal – Lunch

View Menu

from* $35 USD Adult

We're sorry, no reservations are available for this restaurant within this meal period

Chops + 1 Dining Package
Chops + 1 Dining Package
from* $59 USD Adult

@twangsterI found the link, your directions are of course spot on.  I'm failing from the get go on the All Dining like your screenshot below does not even show My Dining.  Guess I just need to be more patient and keep checking.  Thanks to you I now know how to do it when it does.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, twangster said:

There is a trick to planning all dining including My Time for the duration of the cruise.

Click on the Dining button, choose All Dining

768688984_Planalldining1.thumb.jpg.6bcc07c8a832e5a6931946c0f25239b1.jpg

Next click Plan All Cruise Dining at the bottom

836313107_Planallcruisedining.thumb.jpg.693884b2d5db417c92ad707f0db4bacd.jpg

This will open a screen where you can plan every night and checkout only once.

1307901570_Planalldining2.thumb.jpg.0618374caccf9fd21e79b1d66ab5fe0e.jpg

With the new My Royal Cruise planner coming this will likely change but I suspect there will be something similar.  

4 hours ago, MicDay said:

@twangsterI found the link, your directions are of course spot on.  I'm failing from the get go on the All Dining like your screenshot below does not even show My Dining.  Guess I just need to be more patient and keep checking.  Thanks to you I now know how to do it when it does.

Thank you!

Did you choose MyTime dining when you booked? If not, perhaps that’s why it isn’t showing?

On 3/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, Scoular said:

Hi All,

My family and I have just booked to go on the Odyssey of the Seas in October 2022. We always go with My Time dining and I usually book it on The Cruise Planner.  I can't remember where I found it last time we cruised.  I know the timeslots go quickly and as there are 6 of us I want to ensure we get in on the time we want.  As it was probably 2 or so years since we last booked one, I can't remember where to find it or whether I am actually looking in the right place and it's just not available yet.  I remember a lot of things aren't available until about 120-90 days before but I felt My Time dining was available to choose sooner, but I could well be wrong. 

Any advice is really appreciated.  It could save me checking back every day for the next year or so! 

Thanks!

We have a June 22 cruise, and Cruise Planner isn't yet open except for a scuba diving certification class.  Everything else is under construction. (Mariner)

I concur with those who said it might be too early.(SpeedNoodles)

On 3/5/2021 at 1:18 AM, Scoular said:

Did you choose MyTime dining when you booked? If not, perhaps that’s why it isn’t showing?

@Scoularyou are correct.  I just confirmed with Kelley, my MEI TA, we have early dining.  ?‍♀️

Our August 2022 cruise is anytime but it's too soon for dining options (it's the new layout too)

Trying to find past post on pros/cons to my time dining to a set time dining.

Then the more I thought about it, due to restrictions/changes, that info might be obsolete?

On 3/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, MicDay said:

@Scoularyou are correct.  I just confirmed with Kelley, my MEI TA, we have early dining.  ?‍♀️

Our August 2022 cruise is anytime but it's too soon for dining options (it's the new layout too)

Trying to find past post on pros/cons to my time dining to a set time dining.

Then the more I thought about it, due to restrictions/changes, that info might be obsolete?

I think only time will tell. I think cruises as we know it will change for a while. 

• 1 month later...

Newby question here. I am on the Adventure July 2021 sailing and purchased the Unlimited Dining Package and had to select a time (6pm) which is earlier than I wanted, but oh well. Do I still book the restaurants and times online or do I have to wait until I board? I ask because it still wants me to pay. ?? Any info on this? It is very confusing. 

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Newby question here. I am on the Adventure July 2021 sailing and purchased the Unlimited Dining Package and had to select a time (6pm) which is earlier than I wanted, but oh well. Do I still book the restaurants and times online or do I have to wait until I board? I ask because it still wants me to pay. ?? Any info on this? It is very confusing. 

When booking a cruise, you have to choose between My Time Dining (make reservations or arrive when you want but might have to wait) and Traditional Dining (where the early seating is ~6PM and the late seating ~8PM) for the main dining room.  It sounds like you selected Traditional Dining.  After booking, you can purchase the Unlimited Dining Package (UDP) through the Cruise Planner.  All reservations for dining through the UDP are done on board.  Usually, purchasing the UDP means you won't be using the main dining room at all because you'll be going to specialty restaurants for every meal.  However, you can still choose to go to the main dining room if you want and if you do, you've chosen to go at 6PM.  There's nothing wrong with what you have done, but there is a table reserved for you in the main dining room (possibly with other people at that table).  If you know you won't step foot in the main dining room, some people recommend choosing My Time Dining so you don't have an assigned table.

Edited by Atlantix2000
Should have quoted the question since this ended up on a different page.

3 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

you know you won't step foot in the main dining room, some people recommend choosing My Time Dining so you don't have an assigned table.

Thank you for clarifying. What’s odd is that I was unable to select My Time Dining when I booked. For some reason it told me that it was not an option. Granted, I just booked the July 17, 2021 Adventure cruise. Perhaps I was too late and the My Time Dining was full? 

20 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Do I still book the restaurants and times online or do I have to wait until I board?

You do not book dining for the Ultimate Dining Package online.  You can only book the specialty restaurants once you are onboard.  The dining time that you were forced to chose to purchase the package has no bearing on what will be available to you as dining times for reservations.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Marlena said:

My time question...can you try and go before the my time dining time starts? I believe it starts at 6 45 but was wondering if we could walk up at 5 30 and try and get in.

it seem that what you are seeing is the new late start time for My Time dining, as they are currently using the MY TIME dining room at early seating for the Un-Vaved traditional seating, which is there only option of early dining.

I understand Royals desire to provide more social distancing, but It really messes up the my time option as the dining start times are now much latter than they normally would be.  My have to change all my sailing to Early Traditional as My Time no longer works for us

On 3/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, Pooch said:

Yes, that’s where it is.  Be aware, you can only book 1 night at a time, then go back in for each subsequent night.  It’s kind of a pain!

I'm going to try My Time Dining on my November Cruise. I hope it's not too painful. Thx for the info.