Odyssey Canceled? I have not received Notice

I just signed in to my account and hour ago and it shows my Rome trip on Odyssey in Oct canceled. I have not received any notice of this and assume I will sometime soon.

I ASSUME they are going to offer Lift and Shift so I tried to get a jump on things and started looking for something to replace this with and found NOTHING! I cant find any comparable trips - Nothing from Rome or anywhere international other than Australia ( which I cant do) within my avaible time frames of Sep-Oct- end 1st week of Nov Or 2022 Feb-April.. The ONLY thing I see is a couple of Caribbean's that are (sorry- my opinion), lousy choices and now extremely overpriced.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there really nothing crusing or are they all booked and dont show?

I did the same with my account after having noticed that Odyssey's sailings had been switched to Israel and sure enough my September cruise out of Rome has been cancelled too. Haven't received the email notification yet but just emailed my TA to see what options are available. We're very disappointed by this as it was the 12 night Holy Land cruise that we were very much looking forward to. 

Royal are offering a special version of Lift and Shift for those affected by the cancellation of Odyssey's inaugural season from Rome:

"• If your sailing was cancelled on:

- March 1st, 2021, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by March 18th, 2021 to move to a new sailing. And remember, since you were booked on an inaugural Odyssey of the Seas sailing, you can Lift and Shift to any sailing with a similar sailing length (+1/-1 day) in 2022 to a like for like category on any open sailing! We will price protect your original cruise or refund any price difference."

@Mturk your TA should be able to deal with this for you

@Fred567 you don't say if you booked direct or through a travel agent but you should contact them asap.

I hope this helps.

Thanks FionaMG -

it does but it doesnt.. There are only a couple "Similar Sailing Length" available and they are not anything worth while.. and really, going from a Huge New Ship with 7 ports in 9 days to the only option of an "old" small ship with only 4 ports in 9 days for the same price ( actually it now costs more, but they with match it- Haha) makes me feel like I'm really getting scammed.

10 minutes ago, Fred567 said:

Thanks FionaMG -

it does but it doesnt.. There are only a couple "Similar Sailing Length" available and they are not anything worth while.. and really, going from a Huge New Ship with 7 ports in 9 days to the only option of an "old" small ship with only 4 ports in 9 days for the same price ( actually it now costs more, but they with match it- Haha) makes me feel like I'm really getting scammed.

Fred, are you not able to move the trip a year out? Royal are not placing any restrictions on when you switch to and Odyssey is sailing those 9 night itineraries next year as well, starting in May and going through to October, so you could pick any date that's available in that time frame.

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Fred, are you not able to move the trip a year out? Royal are not placing any restrictions on when you switch to and Odyssey is sailing those 9 night itineraries next year as well, starting in May and going through to October, so you could pick any date that's available in that time frame.

I just checked again and they do have 1 cruise available a year from this Sept.. wow thats a long time to wait.. but maybe..

Thanks for the info or I wouldnt have rechecked and found that..

19 minutes ago, Fred567 said:

Thanks FionaMG -

I guess it will be refund for you then !

33 minutes ago, Fred567 said:

I just checked again and they do have 1 cruise available a year from this Sept.. wow thats a long time to wait.. but maybe..

My pleasure. I really hope you can make it work. Fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you!

2 hours ago, Fred567 said:

I just signed in to my account and hour ago and it shows my Rome trip on Odyssey in Oct canceled. I have not received any notice of this and assume I will sometime soon.

I ASSUME they are going to offer Lift and Shift so I tried to get a jump on things and started looking for something to replace this with and found NOTHING! I cant find any comparable trips - Nothing from Rome or anywhere international other than Australia ( which I cant do) within my avaible time frames of Sep-Oct- end 1st week of Nov Or 2022 Feb-April.. The ONLY thing I see is a couple of Caribbean's that are (sorry- my opinion), lousy choices and now extremely overpriced.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there really nothing crusing or are they all booked and dont show?

@Mattdid a blog post about this yesterday  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/03/01/royal-caribbean-will-debut-new-odyssey-of-the-seas-cruise-ship-sailing-israel

From Matt's post:

"Guests currently confirmed on an impacted European cruise departing May 9 — October 28, 2021 will have the option to request a refund of the funds paid or leverage Lift & Shift to move to any 2022 sailing of their choice; otherwise, a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be automatically administered.

A special $100 Onboard Credit per stateroom will be issued to those guests selecting a Future Cruise Credit or the Lift & Shift option."

Did you book yourself or use a travel agent?  This is one of those instances where using a good TA would've been in your favor.  They would've notified you right away, and gave you all your options.  Just a thought going forward. 

Thanks FionaMG! I emailed my TA and she wasn't even aware of the cancellation and was quite angry that RCCL hadn't notified her about it. I actually copied and pasted what you wrote above concerning the special version of Lift and Shift for Odyssey's inaugural season. Thanks again!

42 minutes ago, Mturk said:

Thanks FionaMG! I emailed my TA and she wasn't even aware of the cancellation and was quite angry that RCCL hadn't notified her about it. I actually copied and pasted what you wrote above concerning the special version of Lift and Shift for Odyssey's inaugural season. Thanks again!

My pleasure. I'm glad I was able to help and hope you'll be able to find a suitable alternative. ?

@Fred567 I was on the October 1 sailing which was 9 nights. I had @Sharla move it to October 7, 2022 to the 12 night Holy Land/Best of Greece. It’s unsure at this moment if they’ll protect the price but someone in an odyssey Facebook group was able to lift and shift a 7 night to a 9 night. 

Hopefully you’ll find a solution. I found out at 7:00 yesterday morning as someone in the UK had gotten the email and posted it in the Facebook group for our sailing. 

I had already been toying with cancelling so had my eye on that 12 night to move it to. 

18 hours ago, Fred567 said:

I moved my 9 night sailing in October to an 8 night sailing in September 2022. Very similar itinerary, but no overnight in Athens. However, the taxes are tripled in 2022. I was paying ~$60 pp and it jumped to ~$180+ pp.