Unlimited Dining Package

HeatherP

22 minutes ago, HeatherP said:

We are set to sail on Odyssey in January.   We have never done the UDP but it sounds interesting.   Does it include lunch on embarkation day? Are we able to order food to go?  Tell me all I need to know!

The UDP will include meals at any of the restaurants on board any time they are open.  So if there is a specialty restaurant open on embarkation day, you should be able to use your UDP.  I've only sailed Anthem in that class and I don't think any of the sit-down specialties were open on boarding day for my sailing but the Johnny Rockets quick serve style was.  On the Oasis class ships there tends to be at least one sit-down full scale restaurant open but the more casual ones were open as well (Playmakers, Portside BBQ).  Odyssey should have Playmakers onboard and they are usually open the first day, so that would be a good place to take advantage of the UDP.

I've been able to take food to go with the UDP.  Izumi Sushi is usually pretty good about allowing it, as did Playmakers and they actually had disposable takeout containers.  On my Oasis sailing I was even able to get Chops to go, but I did make a reservation ahead of time and showed up and asked if I could get it to go when I got there.  Chops wasn't equipped for to-go orders with takeout boxes, so it was my food on a plate with a room service lid over it.  Experience can differ ship by ship, but I've found if you ask nicely usually they will accommodate you where they can.  I wouldn't expect them to do a 4-person full 3-course meal to go order from some place like Chops, but asking for a single entree, dessert, or appetizer usually won't put them out too much.  It will help to make sure you have a reservation if you want to try to do a to-go from one of the sit down places.  I was able to use the app and make several solo reservations at different restaurants without issue outside of the busy dining times.

It is questionable about whether the new boarding hours will accommodate embarkation day lunches or not.  If boarding doesn't even start until early afternoon, I wouldn't think that there would be time for lunch.  Most of the sit-down venues are usually open 12 - 2 on boarding day.  I hear chatter about general boarding not even starting until after 2:00.  My guess is, that for a while, at least, embarkation day lunches are going to be finito.

In the past, embarkation day lunch has been a big treat.  Will be sorry if it goes away for the immediate future.

On the cruise I’m currently on, though embarkation starts at 2, there is still lunch provided. Star class guests were allowed the earliest check in of 2 regardless of what slot they got and CK was open till 3pm. Windjammer was also open till 6pm on boarding day. After which dinner in the MDR/CK/speciality restaurants took over. Apparently there wasn’t speciality dining open for embarkation lunch due to limited staff

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, Denise Sinuk said:

I am trying to purchase the unlimited dining package for the Odyssy sailing 11-28.  It is not offered on my cruise portal and customer service was not able to see it either.  Is this still an option?  If so, how do I purchase?  Please advise.

My guess is that it's probably sold out.  Just keep checking.

We cruise in January on the Allure. I went ahead and purchased the unlimited dining package as we are celebrating. I understand we can book lunch at Chops on day 1, then have dinner's and lunches at all premium restaurants and that we book those when aboard. Is this correct?

One can get about $35 credit for each meal, sometimes less. Correct?

So, by doing lunch and dinner in theory the UDP could be worth as much as $70/day. Correct?

Thanks for replying.

Sarah and Paul

1 hour ago, Paul Ziomek said:

We cruise in January on the Allure. I went ahead and purchased the unlimited dining package as we are celebrating. I understand we can book lunch at Chops on day 1, then have dinner's and lunches at all premium restaurants and that we book those when aboard. Is this correct?

One can get about $35 credit for each meal, sometimes less. Correct?

So, by doing lunch and dinner in theory the UDP could be worth as much as $70/day. Correct?

Thanks for replying.

Sarah and Paul

Correct, general policy with the dining package is if the restaurant is open you can use it.

In the case of Allure the only place where the credit is of any concern is Izumi. Sushi side you get a $35 credit and on the hibachi side you get a $35 credit, you'll end up paying and extra $10 or $15 depending on what you order.

All other restaurants would otherwise be a single fee and covered in whole by the package. Only places that wouldn't be covered is Chef's Table, Vintages, and any dining experiences (example the Sushi and Sake pairing).

On 10/18/2021 at 12:21 PM, Denise Sinuk said:

I am trying to purchase the unlimited dining package for the Odyssy sailing 11-28.  It is not offered on my cruise portal and customer service was not able to see it either.  Is this still an option?  If so, how do I purchase?  Please advise.

Check every day a few times a day. My friend is on this sailing with you and he said it wasn't there and then it popped up Thursday night and he grabbed it right away.

When I'm on Freedom in February for 3 nights, I was wondering if I should get the UDP for the specialty restaurants; Cost $116 or $39 per night. Playmakers you got $20 credit. Izumi Hibachi included but +$10 fee.  Is Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's and Ben and Jerry's complementary? 

But then I thought, wait, I got the Key for that trip and that includes:  25% off all onboard dining purchases, along with complimentary room service for the duration of your cruise. Can I assume that includes ALL DINING? So maybe I can already get a good discount eating out a la carte getting 25% off.  Not sure if I'm going to get my $116 worth. 

1 hour ago, D Alt said:

When I'm on Freedom in February for 3 nights, I was wondering if I should get the UDP for the specialty restaurants; Cost $116 or $39 per night. Playmakers you got $20 credit. Izumi Hibachi included but +$10 fee.  Is Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's and Ben and Jerry's complementary? 

But then I thought, wait, I got the Key for that trip and that includes:  25% off all onboard dining purchases, along with complimentary room service for the duration of your cruise. Can I assume that includes ALL DINING? So maybe I can already get a good discount eating out a la carte getting 25% off.  Not sure if I'm going to get my $116 worth. 

Yikes.  $116 seems high for UDP unless you booked in Canadian dollars or some other fake money currency.  

No sea days on most of those 3 night cruises so limited lunch opportunities.

I have typically seen the 3 night UDP run ~$79 to $87 including gratuity.  Back before crazy times this would go on sale for $69 sometimes.  

Are you on a 4 night sailing?

4 hours ago, D Alt said:

25% off all onboard dining purchases, along with complimentary room service for the duration of your cruise. Can I assume that includes ALL DINING?

For specialty restaurants, I', betting that the 25% discount would only apply to onboard pricing and would not apply to the UDP which has to be purchased prior to boarding.  I'm also guessing that 25% off of onboard pricing will not be lower than the UDP price.  Room service will almost certainly NOT apply to specialty restaurants - only for MDR menus.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Yikes.  $116 seems high for UDP unless you booked in Canadian dollars or some other fake money currency.  

No sea days on most of those 3 night cruises so limited lunch opportunities.

I have typically seen the 3 night UDP run ~$79 to $87 including gratuity.  Back before crazy times this would go on sale for $69 sometimes.  

Are you on a 4 night sailing?

3 night. 116 was 50% off too.  Would they ever offer more than 50% off?   if that's the case, I may do the a la carte and use my 25% off onboard discount for those specialty ones.