Asked for final payment after you are paid in full? Anyone else?

Steve_

I have now received my second email reminding me that I am past final payment date and my final payment is due.  Only thing is, I paid in full before final payment date.  My TA has confirmed this as well.  And when I login and look at the cruise, it shows paid in full as well.

-Is anyone else experiencing this? 

-This is on one of the first cruises (as of today's writing on March 1, 2021) for sailing May 2021

-This is for a 9 night cruise, so above the 7 night maximum per CDC guidelines. 

-The other weird thing I pointed out to the TA is our status shows as Emerald on these notices, yet we are Diamond (one cruise away from D+, and that cruise has been rescheduled 7, 8 maybe 9 times now.  And never ever received an email about final payment not received.).  Otherwise all the detail is correct, except the invoice shows incorrect balance info. 

While I honestly do not expect that we will be sailing for a number of reasons (length of sailing, ship, port, etc.), cancelling for non payment puts me in the non refundable policy (lose money) vs the cruise line cancelling (125% cruise credit if chosen).  Granted, since there are emails and the invoice showing paid in full, I am sure they will make it right, I am trying to make Royal address this before it becomes an issue. 

So anyone else dealt with this?  dealing with it?

NOTE: It isn't spam email as all the links are valid to Royal's page.  And for the pdf to be adjusted is something (as a security professional) I have never seen the scammers do yet.  Easy to modify the text.  But the pdf to include the proper itinerary, rates, etc.  Just not show the right payments and therefore not the right balance is something I have yet to see.

2 hours ago, Steve_ said:

I have now received my second email reminding me that I am past final payment date and my final payment is due.  Only thing is, I paid in full before final payment date.  My TA has confirmed this as well.  And when I login and look at the cruise, it shows paid in full as well.

-Is anyone else experiencing this? 

-This is on one of the first cruises (as of today's writing on March 1, 2021) for sailing May 2021

-This is for a 9 night cruise, so above the 7 night maximum per CDC guidelines. 

-The other weird thing I pointed out to the TA is our status shows as Emerald on these notices, yet we are Diamond (one cruise away from D+, and that cruise has been rescheduled 7, 8 maybe 9 times now.  And never ever received an email about final payment not received.).  Otherwise all the detail is correct, except the invoice shows incorrect balance info. 

While I honestly do not expect that we will be sailing for a number of reasons (length of sailing, ship, port, etc.), cancelling for non payment puts me in the non refundable policy (lose money) vs the cruise line cancelling (125% cruise credit if chosen).  Granted, since there are emails and the invoice showing paid in full, I am sure they will make it right, I am trying to make Royal address this before it becomes an issue. 

So anyone else dealt with this?  dealing with it?

NOTE: It isn't spam email as all the links are valid to Royal's page.  And for the pdf to be adjusted is something (as a security professional) I have never seen the scammers do yet.  Easy to modify the text.  But the pdf to include the proper itinerary, rates, etc.  Just not show the right payments and therefore not the right balance is something I have yet to see.

I have a cruise in May 2021 also and paid it a few days ago.  I wanted to make sure it was paid prior to them cancelling cruise, which I am sure will happen.  I wanted to make sure I could do L & S or get 125% FCC.    Have not had issue with it saying not paid or anything.  I also use a travel agent.  Hope yours gets figured out.  Very frustrating.

Hello I’ve been lurking for years but have finally decided to post. I have also received two emails saying the same thing for my May 29th Symphony cruise. I ignored the first one but called after the second one and they sent me an invoice saying I paid and had no balance. It was a “system glitch”. Luckily I have been following this blog long enough to know that isn’t completely out of character for the RC system otherwise I would have been panicked. Thanks for the collective wisdom you share.

50 minutes ago, T_Hat said:

Hello I’ve been lurking for years but have finally decided to post. I have also received two emails saying the same thing for my May 29th Symphony cruise. I ignored the first one but called after the second one and they sent me an invoice saying I paid and had no balance. It was a “system glitch”. Luckily I have been following this blog long enough to know that isn’t completely out of character for the RC system otherwise I would have been panicked. Thanks for the collective wisdom you share.

Welcome to the forums, @T_Hat!!

6 hours ago, Linda R said:

I have a cruise in May 2021 also and paid it a few days ago.  I wanted to make sure it was paid prior to them cancelling cruise, which I am sure will happen.  I wanted to make sure I could do L & S or get 125% FCC.    Have not had issue with it saying not paid or anything.  I also use a travel agent.  Hope yours gets figured out.  Very frustrating.

Yeah, I expect this sailing to be cancelled.  Whether Royal sails in May or not is yet to be seen.  But this is a 9 night sailing which isn't going to be allowed in the beginning.  So they will need to shorten the sailing to make it allowed.  Plus, being one of the smaller ships in one of the smaller ports, I don't think it's one of the likely first ships.  So I did the final payment rather than rebooking for the the 125% FC.  I've actually booked a replacement cruise (ok, cruises) for this. 

But I do have the invoice showing paid in full.  So even if they cancel for non payment, I am sure Royal will make good on it, it will just be the hassle of having to deal with it to get the money back and justify that I should be getting the 125% back in FC.  It is just a bit weird. And I wonder if it has to do with the sailings over 7 nights that have been removed from being able to be booked but the sailings still exist in their system.  I don't know. 

It really is weird how it is pulling up our status as Emerald in these notices.  Yet the invoice shows we are Diamond.  So somewhere there systems are having a mismatch of data. 

6 hours ago, T_Hat said:

Yippee !  Welcome to the blog.  Keep posting !

• 2 years later...

I received my first email and first contacted someone at Affirm who paid off my cruise with a loan. They had no idea what was going on. I even received a follow up email stating RC was refunding me over $500. I then contacted someone via RC’s FB messenger and they said the same thing. I had 0 balance no final payment due. She gave me a number to call and the prompts so I could get to the right person. I was told it was a system glitch and it had happened to a few people. After that conversation I received 2 more emails from RC stating I owe $610 for my final payment. Even though in the same email it says I have 0 balance.