How would a vaccine AND mask mandate affect your decision to cruise?

24 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

The vaccine may or may not be 100% effective against all of the variants.  The science is saying, if you get 1 of the variants, you may get sick but not die.  You can also spread it to others even though you are asymptomatic.  We will most likely need a booster shot (like the annual flue vaccine) to ward against the variants.  The more people who refuse to get the vaccine or fail to go back for their 2nd vaccine, the longer this will be with us.  

Your choice, wear a mask at the grocery store and in crowds, or be part of continued spread.  We do not have heard immunity yet because people are refusing to get vaccinated, forgetting to get the 2nd shot, and refusing to wear masks in crowds.  

There were 56,604 cases yesterday and 954 families last a loved one.

Your choice.  

Because of those that refuse to vaccinate that otherwise can, this thing will stick around longer than it needs to.  

I made my choice to vaccinate and I comply with mask requirements even though I know they exist largely due to those that refuse to vaccinate.

4 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

My take is different, I'm vaccinated so I'm not worried if the person next to me is or isn't. If you aren't and you get sick, I don't want to hear your whining ... you made a choice.

Sorry - we are all in this together.  If that person is sick with a variant of COVID-19, you may or may not get sick.  You also could be asymptomatic and spread it.  We won't be safe until we have hear immunity.  We most likely will need a booster shot.  

Now if that person who gets sick is your neighbor, is that ok?

On 4/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, EmersonNZ said:

No issue with a vaccine requirement (And in fact would prefer it). As for the mask I would would probably wait until it isn't required. (We haven't had to wear them hear in New Zealand as we've been covid free for nearly a year now. It'd feel strange traveling somewhere to be on a boat where I had to wear one when i can stay here and not...). 

You guys down under did it right because you followed the science.  We followed an idiot who knew more than the doctors and the scientists - NOT.

I have stayed home and avoided crowds, worn a mask, and am now fully vaccinated.  I followed the science and stayed healthy.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:15 PM, Barna said:

My wife and I won't be getting the vaccine for a whole list of reasons.

We won't be wearing masks either - this is a vacation.

Other than that we are Diamond, almost Diamond Plus and ready to get back to cruising.

Being tested before boarding is fine. We are counting on the hysteria being over soon and RC drops any crazy requirements.

588,569 dead Americans is hysteria?  come on man.  Do your part so we can all be safe.  Unless you have a medical condition that prevents getting the vaccine, get it so we can all be safe.  If you have a medical condition that prevents getting the vaccine, then you may want to talk to your doctor before you book a cruise, a flight or a vacation to any congested resort.

Just saying

20 minutes ago, 12thman said:

I'm not against anything you have said but how can any cruise line verify it's passengers are vaccinated? The only proof the U.S. uses is a vaccine card which is easy to obtain for a few dollars. I'd be very upset if someone used a fake vaccine card to board a cruise and comes down with covid-19. Some spend thousands of dollars for the entire trip and as far as I know a cruise being cancelled because of covid-19 isn't coved by any third party insurance, if I'm wrong please show me an insurance policy that covers this as I've asked a few insurance places and they have been vague or said not covered.

I used to work in a retail telecom store where people would try to fake "proof of employment" to get a better discount on their phone plans, I also used to work as a bouncer and would see the fake id's people would get to try and get in.  One of the lessons I learned in both those jobs is....most people that try something like that are remarkably incompetent.

Now, that in no way means that people couldn't try (or succeed) in faking a vaccination card, but is it worth the risk?  I have a feeling that the cruise lines will look rather unfavorably upon anyone with a fake vaccine card that tests positive, as would the FBI.

47 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

You are the problem.  If we do not wear masks and get vaccinated, we will have more spikes and end of like India.  This is real.  588,569 Americans are dead because of your lack or respect for others.  Unless you have a medical degree plus PhD, you do not have the knowledge to question the science.  These people are smart, really smart.  Wear a mask.  Get a vaccine or we will be living like this for years.  

LOL...   

20 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

Sorry - we are all in this together.  If that person is sick with a variant of COVID-19, you may or may not get sick.  You also could be asymptomatic and spread it.  We won't be safe until we have hear immunity.  We most likely will need a booster shot.  

Hey Kool-aid

18 minutes ago, joshgates said:

I used to work in a retail telecom store where people would try to fake "proof of employment" to get a better discount on their phone plans, I also used to work as a bouncer and would see the fake id's people would get to try and get in.  One of the lessons I learned in both those jobs is....most people that try something like that are remarkably incompetent.

Now, that in no way means that people couldn't try (or succeed) in faking a vaccination card, but is it worth the risk?  I have a feeling that the cruise lines will look rather unfavorably upon anyone with a fake vaccine card that tests positive, as would the FBI.

Not to mention you are gambling a multi-thousand dollar investment on a $2 card from China bought on eBay.

College kids trying to get into a bar with a fake ID is one thing.  It's almost a right of passage.  Worst case you are rejected.  

Getting rejected in a cruise terminal with no legal recourse = priceless.  

(Go ahead and sue, then show your fake card to a judge)

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not to mention you are gambling a multi-thousand dollar investment on a $2 card from China bought on eBay.

College kids trying to get into a bar is one thing.  Worst case you are rejected.  

Getting rejected in a cruise terminal with no legal recourse = priceless.  

(Go ahead and sue, then show your fake card to a judge)

Or, possibly worse, getting on board, then testing positive, and then they find out you have a fake card.  I'm going to imagine there's potential for a civil suit in addition to criminal charges.  

On 3/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, JasonOasis said:

With my next cruise not scheduled until October my plan is to get vaccinated in July or August of this year.  If vaccination becomes a requirement in this country to restart cruising I have no problem with it.

Get the vaccine as soon as possible so you don’t get COVID-19. 

• Matt locked this topic