New 7-Night Itineraries

GregD

11 night Anthem Southern Caribbean Cruise January 24, 2023 booked.  

It will be our first time sailing out of New York in the cold but at least it will be 9 days of fun in the sun.  I'm assuming one day in each direction we will be freezing our tails off in the Atlantic but its is worth it to escape old man winter.  

Come on Royal release the the rest of the fall/winter 2022-2023 schedule for the remaining ships I'm looking for something in particular in October or November of 2022.  I almost booked the Panama Canal cruise out of Los Angeles on October 2nd.

8 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

11 night Anthem Southern Caribbean Cruise January 24, 2023 booked.  

It will be our first time sailing out of New York in the cold but at least it will be 9 days of fun in the sun.  I'm assuming one day in each direction we will be freezing our tails off in the Atlantic but its is worth it to escape old man winter.  

Come on Royal release the the rest of the fall/winter 2022-2023 schedule for the remaining ships I'm looking for something in particular in October or November of 2022.  I almost booked the Panama Canal cruise out of Los Angeles on October 2nd.

That 11 night Anthem sounds great.  We did a B2B on Anthem in Feb (8+8) and never even noticed the cold.  Anthem is so inside-focused that you will never even know that it's January out there !

I would love to do that Panama Canal out of LA on Serenade but I will just be getting back from a WB TA on Voyager from Copenhagen to Boston and then a CAN/NE on Voyager. That B2B will terminate on 09-25.  I just can't see us turning right around and flying to LA so quickly. The Panama Canal cruises just keep getting bumped.  I'm going to need to book that one FIRST before anything else for 2023 (if there is one....they don't always do a PC cruise).

On 3/3/2021 at 11:58 AM, AshleyDillo said:

There's a 6 nighter that does that the week before Christmas 2022.

That is still all there is.  My wife is pretty uncertain about sailing the week before Christmas.  Not to mention, I really want 7 or more nights!   Call me greedy.

I've had a couple of cruises cancelled in the past year so I was excited to go look at the late 2022 and 2023 cruises. I priced them apples to apples from last year's on what I had, which in my case was Crown Loft Suites on Harmony and also Oasis in Mar and Dec 2020.

I looked at the same cruise itinerary, Oasis March 5th 2023, and was a little shocked at the price increase. I expected increases but not in the 40%+ range. May be I had some decent deals in the past but now... The pricing for my cancelled March 2020 cruise was $5825 with insurance and pre-paid gratuities and that cruise for the same time in March 2023 is now $8459 - that is a 45% increase for my mocked up cruise. ?

Am I missing something or just doing something wrong but that seems excessive to me. To go on a cruise, now based upon my budget for travel, I'm going to have to drop some room classes. 

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The prices are practically double on all 3 OA class ships. The only one cheaper is allure. 

And don't get me started on Freedom's Bermuda sailings this summer and fall. Compared to Anthem, that 5-night sailing has jumped from around $1,800 for 2 passengers in a mid-ship balcony cabin to nearly $4,000! And that's the same end-of-season October sailing I've done twice on Anthem. Holy highway robbery, Batman!

16 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

And don't get me started on Freedom's Bermuda sailings this summer and fall. Compared to Anthem, that 5-night sailing has jumped from around $1,800 for 2 passengers in a mid-ship balcony cabin to nearly $4,000! And that's the same end-of-season October sailing I've done twice on Anthem. Holy highway robbery, Batman!

We have Freedom booked in August.  Was so looking forward to trying the amped ship and Bermuda.  I say "was" as it's doubtful we'll be going with all the factors.  We booked it when released and it's had interesting pricing.  It started out a bit $$.  But I think over all, we had 11 price drops, and by the end our Spacious Balcony is the price we booked at for an interior (for 4).  Then all of a sudden one day, boom, prices went ridiculous.  I put it down to Royal wanting to stop new bookings due to uncertainly and likelihood of the ship actually sailing.

Next summer's 5 night Bermuda is on Adventure.  DH and i enjoyed the ship but not quite as much for kids.  (At least Freedom had laser tag added). And of course, the price is quite high.

From an Orlando TV station yesterday.

Royal Caribbean considering price hike ahead of return to sailing

Updated: 6:46 PM EST Mar 4, 2021

Dan Billow  

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. —

When the cruise industry gets back up and running it might cost you more to climb onboard, not less.

There’s no end in sight to the industry shutdown, but among the public, there’s no shortage of eagerness to take a cruise. Because of the undimmed enthusiasm for cruising, one company, Royal Caribbean, is talking about raising its fares.

The editor of an industry-watching website says it looks like cruise lines won’t have to offer deals and discounts to lure people back.

"We’re certainly seeing pent-up demand from our readers, who are super excited to get back on board the cruise ships," said Colleen McDaniel of cruisecritic.com.

More than 200,000 people have jumped on the opportunity to take Royal Caribbean’s test-cruise, a government-mandated rehearsal for the company’s return to business. There’ll be room for only 1,000 or so, and the test-cruise has not even been scheduled.

One factor here is that cruise lines are scrapping some of their ships. There will be fewer ships making fewer cruises. Short supply and heavy demand can drive up prices.

Royal Caribbean has reported it lost $5.8 billion last year. That contrasts with a reported profit of $1.9 billion the year before.

Now the company is getting so many bookings for future cruises that the year 2023 is starting to fill up. Showing that the heady days before the pandemic could return for those companies able to survive the shutdown.

6 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I did a quick glance at some of the Celebrity sailings and they seemed much more reasonable. For example: 12 night New Zealand cruise out of Syndey Nov 27 on Celebrity Eclipse starts at US $1499/per person and includes drinks, wi-fi and tips.

Looking through available suites two days after release, an argument could be made that Royal underpriced what many are calling overpriced new itineraries. (I agree based on prices of Nov 2019 release) Many of the sailings released are over two years away and many sailings are sold out in certain categories. Demand (variable) exceeded supply (relatively fixed) due to underpricing. Royal has underestimated consumers willingness to pay and I thank them for that. 

49 minutes ago, twangster said:

Of course Royal wants to increase prices.  All businesses want to increase profits.

Ultimately it's us who decide if higher prices work or not.  If we don't buy cruises at higher prices they will reduce prices eventually.  If sales are strong at higher rates they will become the new normal.  

Royal is actually late to the game.  Anyone bought building materials lately?  They are through the roof, and people are willing to pay even though they gripe while doing so.  I believe cruising will be the same

lol...just realized my pun...not intended.

I agree with Twangster... if the market, aka us, are willing to pay more than the cruise lines will make the new prices the norm; however, once the initial fervor subsides it will become more clear if those prices can be sustained.

For me personally I don’t see the Return on my Vacation Investment  (ROVI - new term) at these prices. I can rent a sizable house with a pool on the beaches of NC, SC, and Georgia for 3.5-4K a week. That’s for 4 bedrooms and 2800sqft. Granted I have to pay for food and entertainment for my wife and me but I’m still saving money rather than staying in RC suites that I love on an Oasis class ships. I’m an avid cruise hound and I’ll be back once this subsides but that maybe years from now  but I shall return one day - hopefully?