Short Caribbean sailings announced

1 hour ago, mattymay said:

What's the go with Navigator? Thought it would be on the short sailings list. Must be doing 7 nighters.

The short market has been up-gauged with all 3 Freedom class doing short cruises.  We've already seen Mariner dipping her toes into longer cruises including the ABC and Bermuda then settling into a 4/5 cycle to Cozumel while her 3 big sisters are doing the FL short market over the winter of '22/'23.

I'm guessing with the 3 big girls doing the FL short 3/4 market and Mariner covering the 4/5 Mexico market that's enough inventory dedicated there.

Navigator into the Pacific basin?  Hmmm.

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

What's the go with Navigator? Thought it would be on the short sailings list. Must be doing 7 nighters.

I wondered the exact same thing. I was also somewhat surprised that they put all 3 Freedom class ships in Florida.

I am trying to decide between Freedom and Liberty at the moment for December 2020. I have holds on both. I really want to try Freedom post amp but I have also never sailed Liberty (but she did not get amped). Also Liberty sails out of PE and the call of La Bamba is strong. Lol. What to do?......

I'm seriously eyeing a Jan 13 2023 Anthem 11-night sailing for a deposit. Can't do it just yet, gotta wait until at least next billing cycle in a couple of weeks. But I may snag that and do a JS so we get CK dinner on all 11 nights.

Plus, the last night of that sailing would be my birthday. Nice advance gift to myself. ? 

26 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm seriously eyeing a Jan 13 2023 Anthem 11-night sailing for a deposit. Can't do it just yet, gotta wait until at least next billing cycle in a couple of weeks. But I may snag that and do a JS so we get CK dinner on all 11 nights.

Plus, the last night of that sailing would be my birthday. Nice advance gift to myself. ? 

Where you looking over my shoulder again?? I booked this on the train ride into work this morning!! ?

I am seriously having trouble deciding this time between Freedom and Liberty in December 2022.  Both are short 4 night sailings.  Ports are identical.  I have not sailed either ship.  The deciding factor might be the stateroom condition lol.  Has anyone here sailed Freedom after her amp?  I know it wasn't long after her amp that everything shut down but did the staterooms get new furnishings? 

@twangsterI cannot remember if you sailed her prior to shut down?  But you were on Allure TA so I'm thinking no....

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am seriously having trouble deciding this time between Freedom and Liberty in December 2022.  Both are short 4 night sailings.  Ports are identical.  I have not sailed either ship.  The deciding factor might be the stateroom condition lol.  Has anyone here sailed Freedom after her amp?  I know it wasn't long after her amp that everything shut down but did the staterooms get new furnishings? 

@twangsterI cannot remember if you sailed her prior to shut down?  But you were on Allure TA so I'm thinking no....

No, but I have been playing with some Freedom bookings.

I have booked Liberty from FL late in 2022. 

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do a longer hold till then. ?

How do you put a "hold" on a cruise.  I know a person used to be able to do a short term hold for 48 hours or so.  Online, that doesn't seem to be an option anymore. 

My idea of a hold is now putting down a refundable deposit but I don't like doing that anymore.  I have 7 cruises lined up over the next 2 years already.  Some cruises are refundable and some are not.  I don't want to get anymore FCC's.  I don't really like the added expense of booking refundable either.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd pick Freedom first just because she's been amplified and Liberty hasn't.

That was the same conclusion I came to.  Just told my TA about an hour ago to let go of the Liberty hold.  But I also had to say goodbye to La Bamba. ? It would be perfect if they could open a location in Miami!

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But I also had to say goodbye to La Bamba. ? It would be perfect if they could open a location in Miami!

If only there were personal vessels that could easily transport you between cities on a high speed corridor that would cost you a reasonable rental rate.....

22 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Very, very disappointed that all 3 Freedom Class are on 3/4 nighters from FL. Officially never getting to sail one ever again...

Obvious that the company only cares about Americans, the rest of us get the left overs.

Royal was going to sail Odyssey from Southampton in April.  In fact it was going to be the new debut of the ship, her first ever revenue sailing, the "inaugural".  Then the UK gov't made it clear there would be no international travel for UK residents in April.

Odyssey's inaugural UK sailings remain visible to travel agents in their portal but they are "closed" so they can't be booked and were never made available for the public to see on the internet.

I get you are frustrated that Royal placed all 3 Freedom class ships into the market where they can maximize revenue from them but if the company didn't value UK guests they never would have made plans to bring Odyssey there in April of this year for her inaugural sailing.    

I know you don't like Quantum class based on your previous posts but to call Odyssey a "left over" is not accurate.  

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal was going to sail Odyssey from Southampton in April.  In fact it was going to be the new debut of the ship, her first ever revenue sailing, the "inaugural".  Then the UK gov't made it clear there would be no international travel for UK residents in April.

Odyssey's inaugural UK sailings remain visible to travel agents in their portal but they are "closed" so they can't be booked and were never made available for the public to see on the internet.

I get you are frustrated that Royal placed all 3 Freedom class ships into the market where they can maximize revenue from them but if the company didn't value UK guests they never would have made plans to bring Odyssey there in April of this year for her inaugural sailing.    

I know you don't like Quantum class based on your previous posts but to call Odyssey a "left over" is not accurate.  

That was just the taster cruise season because the ship was finished early, not a regular deployment. I could be behind 2 of the FR class on short cruises but all 3 basically means I can't sail one again which does annoy me considerably.

31 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

That was just the taster cruise season because the ship was finished early, not a regular deployment. I could be behind 2 of the FR class on short cruises but all 3 basically means I can't sail one again which does annoy me considerably.

It's one year.  It's not like the Freedom ships are banned from leaving Florida ever again but the point about UK guests remains valid.  They could have kept Odyssey in the Med or sent her to Rome early.  Instead they created a 3 and 5 night UK sailing on her.  

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Would that mean going through the Panama Canal? Can Navigator get through the Panama Canal? Where do I sign up? 

On paper she can't fit but the public clearances for the Bridge of the Americas don't tell the complete story.  It's not clear if they could make it work.  She doesn't have retractable stacks like Quantum class does.  

34 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Would that mean going through the Panama Canal? Can Navigator get through the Panama Canal? Where do I sign up? 

Navigator will sail under the Bridge of the Americas with no issues. The Caribbean Princess, which is larger/higher/more decks, had no issues when I sailed through the canal and had room to spare. I would do it again in a drop of a dime.

47 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Navigator will sail under the Bridge of the Americas with no issues. The Caribbean Princess, which is larger/higher/more decks, had no issues when I sailed through the canal and had room to spare. I would do it again in a drop of a dime.

CP has a height of 193'.  Navigator is 206' high.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I get you are frustrated that Royal placed all 3 Freedom class ships into the market where they can maximize revenue from them but if the company didn't value UK guests they never would have made plans to bring Odyssey there in April of this year for her inaugural sailing

Don't think RC were being overly generous, Southampton is on route from Germany to Italy where she'll be sailing for the rest of the season. It was hardly out of the way and if you saw the prices they were looking to charge us here in the UK, certainly didn't make me feel valued by RC.

2 hours ago, Mike.s said:

if you saw the prices they were looking to charge us here in the UK, certainly didn't make me feel valued by RC.

Just so you know, I value the UK.

I have already had two trans Atlantic cruises on Anthem to Southampton canceled so I'm frustrated too.  Now it seems like my next best option is a trans Atlantic in April 2022 on Allure.   That cruise goes to Spain.  It isn't that I don't want to go to the UK.  On the Allure trans Atlantic , all the other stops are in Spain except for the stop in The Bahamas.  My guess is that the least number of countries I visit will be better through the end of 2022.

I used some high school physics to calculate that Navigator can make it under the bridge. A higher speed (be it in nautical miles or actual miles per hour) will assist in a successful passage. Tides do play a small part in my calculation, mainly a high tide passage will require a faster speed.

However, with my high school level engineering training I cannot calculate the potential cost to repair the bridge or ship. (In any currency) 

If nothing is done to Navigator after the first passage under the bridge, a second passage will be less eventful.

28 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

However, with my high school level engineering training I cannot calculate the potential cost to repair the bridge or ship. (In any currency) 

Eliminating the Bridge of the Americas would be doing everyone a favor.  That's actually the long term plan anyways.  The other bridges aren't a problem.  

I say go for it.