Deck 17... Closed off? Maybe!

gabeb848

The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen have been card access since they were added.  

The hallways that lead to the cabins on deck 17 have a door that is sometimes closed, sometimes open.  More often than not it was open for me but once in a while presumably some other guest of the area would close it as they passed through.  

Anyone can walk up the stairs or take the elevators to deck 17 but if the doors to the hallways are closed they can't get very far.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen have been card access since they were added.  

The hallways that lead to the cabins on deck 17 have a door that is sometimes closed, sometimes open.  More often than not it was open for me but once in a while presumably some other guest of the area would close it as they passed through.  

Anyone can walk up the stairs or take the elevators to deck 17 but if the doors to the hallways are closed they can't get very far.

Oh, cool!

11 minutes ago, MikeK said:

On my only Loft Suite cruise I never saw the hallway door closed.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the locked hallway would be.

One sailing I tried an experiment.  Every time I walked by the doors and they were opened (which was almost always), I would purposely close them.  Every time I came back, they were opened again. lol

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

One sailing I tried an experiment.  Every time I walked by the doors and they were opened (which was almost always), I would purposely close them.  Every time I came back, they were opened again. lol

Be honest, you only did that because you thought I was on board.  

20 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We stayed in rm 1756 which is next to one of the large suites up front.  Reasons unknown to me there was another door we had to go through to get our room (along with the large suite)

Halfway through the cruise I realized that door was closed but never locked. So theoretically I would have had to swipe three doors to get in my cabin.   ?????????

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

there was another door we had to go through to get our room (along with the large suite)

Yes, this is the "extra" door that lead to the Grand Panoramic Suite.  I was told that they added that extra door to cut down on the noise from the Coastal Kitchen...but that doesn't really make sense to me.  It is a bit of an oddity that goes along with the GPS though.