Scopedown ....

coneyraven

Has anybody used this app to save your Periscope Broadcasts onto your Android device?

I've been googling how to save my videos and this app keeps coming up in the conversations.

I would hate to lose these videos once Periscope goes away..... it's like losing vacation memories.

Thanks,

Mark

On 2/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, coneyraven said:

Has anybody used this app to save your Periscope Broadcasts onto your Android device?

I've been googling how to save my videos and this app keeps coming up in the conversations.

I would hate to lose these videos once Periscope goes away..... it's like losing vacation memories.

Thanks,

Mark

I didn't use Scopedown, I just requested the vids directly from Periscope.  I use iPhone, but it should be the same for everyone.  

Click on "Learn More" from the Periscope is ending box when you open the app.  This will bring you to FAQs.  Scroll down to the question if you can download archive, and tap the blue word "here" (last word in the answer). 

The next screen will give you steps.  Tap "Send data request" under number 1.  #2 will highlight while it's preparing your data.  Depending on how many scopes you have, it can take from a few hours to 24 hours to prepare.   Check back the next day at some point, and #3 will be highlighted that your data is ready.  There will be a data button, as well as individual links for each scope you did.  There will be a time limit; by the time I realized my data was ready, I only had 6 days left to download before my links expired.

Now from here it may vary for you being on a droid.  I could not download my data to my iPhone.  I had to go to my PC to do it.

From my PC, I went to Periscope and dug around until I found the same data page that was on my phone app.  From there, I found it easiest to just click on each link and download the zip files, than to open the JSON file and copy/paste each URL.  To open the JSON data file, you can use Notepad.  Don't download anything special.  I downloaded each zip file into one folder, then as I have time, will open each up and re-name them (or delete ones I don't want anymore). 

If you have any questions, let me know! 

Thanks @KathyC -- looks like I'm going to have to go the PC route too.  Trying to do it on my phone just is not working..... then I came across the Scopedown app (and others that seem to do the same thing) --- but before I downloaded them, I wanted to reach out.

These videos, which there are only a few, are very important to us .... memories that we could never get back.  I can't imagine being Michael Poole trying to save them.

Thanks for the insight.  If I remember correctly, the website would be www.pscp.tv --- or something like that.  I'll have to Google it.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:15 AM, coneyraven said:

Thanks @KathyC -- looks like I'm going to have to go the PC route too.  Trying to do it on my phone just is not working..... then I came across the Scopedown app (and others that seem to do the same thing) --- but before I downloaded them, I wanted to reach out.

These videos, which there are only a few, are very important to us .... memories that we could never get back.  I can't imagine being Michael Poole trying to save them.

Thanks for the insight.  If I remember correctly, the website would be www.pscp.tv --- or something like that.  I'll have to Google it.

I just started going through the individual downloads this week, and honestly they are not great.  They are in all sorts of random order, and none brought the titles with them.  You can't see any of the comments on the videos, and only play in portrait - no matter which orientation you created them in.  So everything landscape is sideways.  ? 

15 hours ago, KathyC said:

I just started going through the individual downloads this week, and honestly they are not great.  They are in all sorts of random order, and none brought the titles with them.  You can't see any of the comments on the videos, and only play in portrait - no matter which orientation you created them in.  So everything landscape is sideways.  ? 

Yeah, I got completely confused by the whole thing..... I couldn't figure it out.  I'm going to go one of two routes.  First option, my son, who is a computer genius (he heads-up one of the teams that takes care of the computers for Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Maryland) ---- or download an app similar to Scopedown.  I was looking at the reviews for a couple of apps, Scopedown was NOT one of the ones that had favorable ratings... "Snagscope" seems to have a much better positive review rating (4 out of 5 stars) ---- I REFUSE to let these memories disappear.

2 hours ago, coneyraven said:

I REFUSE to let these memories disappear.

That's what it is about for me.  The memories.  I'm deleting a lot of them as I go through the downloads, as some are just silliness.  But there are others where I talk about what we did that day, how we felt about the island/excursion, etc.  Photographs don't always give the true story, and to be honest we didn't photograph everything.  Sometimes it was a video or a periscope instead.   I know some people think it's ridiculous that I want to save them.  But one day, I will be happy I did.  Even the ones that area bad quality. 

• 2 weeks later...

@KathyC -- Quick update, I ended up downloading the "Downscope" app ---- It's been real easy to work with, and, for the most part, all of the scopes that needed saved (like my wife winning Finish the Lyrics) downloaded just fine.   For those still struggling, it may be worth a shot.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, coneyraven said:

@KathyC -- Quick update, I ended up downloading the "Downscope" app ---- It's been real easy to work with, and, for the most part, all of the scopes that needed saved (like my wife winning Finish the Lyrics) downloaded just fine.   For those still struggling, it may be worth a shot.

I can't find Downscope or Scopedown in my iphone app store.  Is it only for android?

30 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I can't find Downscope or Scopedown in my iphone app store.  Is it only for android?

It must be ..... what let me to Scopedown was me Googling - "downloading periscope broadcasts on Android device" ---

There has to be something similar for iphones.

8 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

It must be ..... what let me to Scopedown was me Googling - "downloading periscope broadcasts on Android device" ---

There has to be something similar for iphones.

I've been doing some googling since I posted this and I found it for Android and Windows.  I'm going to keep looking.  If nothing else, I have the crappy versions that periscope gave me.  LOL