New cruise planner format

FionaMG

From reading the "other" thread, the biggest thing coming out of this change is that fact that you will no longer be able to price compare items that you have purchased in the Cruise Planner.  It will just show that you have already purchased this item and there will be no current price available.  According to "authorities" on the other site, even CSR will not be able to look up current prices for you as they [apparently] can only see the same thing that you can see.  This totally sucks !

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

From reading the "other" thread, the biggest thing coming out of this change is that fact that you will no longer be able to price compare items that you have purchased in the Cruise Planner.  It will just show that you have already purchased this item and there will be no current price available.  According to "authorities" on the other site, even CSR will not be able to look up current prices for you as they [apparently] can only see the same thing that you can see.  This totally sucks !

My bookings are still in the old format but I can open two tabs - one showing the current cruise planner and the other showing my order history - and then toggle between the two.

Not ideal I know but hopefully the same will be possible with the new one to show you what you need to see.

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We saw that they played with this concept in the past but there was a work around through the calendar.  

There remains an order history section but I didn't buy anything for this distant cruise yet.

1551997690_MarinernewCPformat3.thumb.jpg.578d1f79ee1b60c357f14b6fe5407ac5.jpg

Moving to another cruise works better in this new format.  It brings you right back to My Cruises without having to log out and confirm logging out.  

31 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It will just show that you have already purchased this item and there will be no current price available.  According to "authorities" on the other site, even CSR will not be able to look up current prices for you as they [apparently] can only see the same thing that you can see.  This totally sucks !

Unless I am missing something, I find this move perplexing.  RCL stock was back to (almost) $100 yesterday - Thurstday, 25 Feb 2021 - and it was all based on trust and anticipation.  Deceptive moves (clearly for $), even in a time when $ is flowing downstream, won't help in the long run.  

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not sure what I am missing here, but my Cruise Planner looks the same as always.  No new format....

As I understand it from the "other" thread, the new format currently only applies to Mariner bookings from October 2021 onwards. I don't know if that clarifies?  

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think the BIGGEST change is that some people are reporting Non-Refundable cruise planner items, here and there. 

On 2/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

If this new cruise planner just came out, how do they already know this? Was that information put out by an actual "authority" or by "under-bridge dwellers" trying to stir the pot? I don't visit that site, so I don't know if it's well moderated or akin to the wild west.

2 hours ago, SPS said:

If this new cruise planner just came out, how do they already know this? Was that information put out by an actual "authority" or by "under-bridge dwellers" trying to stir the pot? I don't visit that site, so I don't know if it's well moderated or akin to the wild west.

Someone on that board made that comment with zero evidence. People have since said they can still see current prices of things they have already purchased.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ok, since nobody responded regarding the "nonrefundable" cruise planner purchases, I'm assuming that it was just rumor.

I took a look at mine, there’s not a ton loaded into it yet so can’t say anything definitive.  For what is loaded in the only mention that could be construed as non refundable was the PADI open water diving course.  Same wording (roughly) was in another sailing with the current planner though.  I’ll be interested enough to keep checking as it fills in more.

27525F11-2888-4610-A3DA-7A35039FD5DB.png

DD5FD818-E7CD-40F9-85E3-653EB7D8E2C1.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...