7-Night + Long Caribbean 2022-2023

2 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

When searching for 4 guests two types of Junior suite show up J1 and J3. Both have 4 guest limit. Bummer for larger families (is 5 large?) that Royals newest ship only has three rooms available. (Excluding potential of connecting)

Is it possible you need to call them directly / get a booking through your TA? I know there are times when I've done mock bookings and clicked the "+" button one too many times, and once it hits 5 I get a notice saying to call my TA or Royal directly for bookings over 4 people.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:09 PM, mattymay said:

It's Australian dollars. Yet still expensive.

RC have this thing about charging lots for newly released itineraries on the Australian site, often $1000+ more. Then they get cheaper after a few months. No idea why they do that??

I was wondering about this, must be the same with the NZD prices as all the prices seems to be much higher especially for the Suites. Currently have Symphony GS booked for Dec 2021 at $3,500 NZD pp and looking to change that to Oasis for Dec 2022 and even a JS is showing around $5,000 NZD pp.. ? 

39 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Is it possible you need to call them directly / get a booking through your TA? I know there are times when I've done mock bookings and clicked the "+" button one too many times, and once it hits 5 I get a notice saying to call my TA or Royal directly for bookings over 4 people.

I understand that a reservation is limited to 4, but more can be added through phone call. My issue is finding a room with capacity for 5 or more. Unlike Quantum class ships, it seems Odyssey does not offer 5 person Junior suites. 

40 minutes ago, Shanenz84 said:

I was wondering about this, must be the same with the NZD prices as all the prices seems to be much higher especially for the Suites. Currently have Symphony GS booked for Dec 2021 at $3,500 NZD pp and looking to change that to Oasis for Dec 2022 and even a JS is showing around $5,000 NZD pp.. ? 

Here is an example.. Add taxes and convert to AUD, it would be around $1845.

image.png.4a12021365d2cde4527753130b5df7e3.png

Yet book in AUD and they will charge you $2691. Works out thousands extra if you are booking for a family, especially when you are getting into suite prices.

image.png.1f9d130fd13ef793db468c3645c7dcf8.png

It's like this for EVERY new release, either wait and over time this gap usually gets smaller, or just pay in USD.

However, if you have paid in USD and need to call them, the first people you speak to get very confused and can't help and they have to transfer you to someone who deals with US made bookings.

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Guess I was getting excited for nothing...if those are the "new normal" cruise prices, I wont ever be able to cruise again. it wont be Covid-19 that will stop me from cruising, it will be the $$$.

Those are insane prices!

I think they are testing the pent up demand they keep on citing.

If people book in volume, pricing will stick.  If people don't book, prices will fall.  

16 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Guess I was getting excited for nothing...if those are the "new normal" cruise prices, I wont ever be able to cruise again. it wont be Covid-19 that will stop me from cruising, it will be the $$$.

Those are insane prices!

I am with you there! I've done some mock cruise research and laughed so hard at those prices. Now, I just do it for a laugh in the morning to get me going; it's better than coffee.

These are insane prices and the Return on Vacation Investment (ROVI) is just not there. I hope they come back to reasonable levels at some point as I would miss cruising at, but I could live without it if this remains - sad, but come on Royal...that's crazy. When booking a Grand Suite on an Oasis class ship gets to almost 8-9K levels - come on you're killing me here RCI.

I looked at a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony this morning for a laugh and mocked up with travel insurance and pre-paid gratuities for 10.5k - again, I laughed so hard I almost fell over in my chair. By the way, I actually had the same cruise and same CLS room (1710) that was cancelled in Dec 2020 and it was $7300 so we are talking a difference of $3200 ?.

2 hours ago, VACruiser said:

By the way, I actually had the same cruise and same CLS room (1710) that was cancelled in Dec 2020 and it was $7300 so we are talking a difference of $3200

Considering the monetary base of the United States, the 2021 rate is reasonable in real prices. It only appears more expensive nominally. Ask to pay in Bitcoin. 

22 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Barbados season a one off then?

I noticed that as well. One could take that as a bullish outlook by Royal Caribbean that they don't "need" to sail from there going forward, but then again, Barbados could be part of some other release later on.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I noticed that as well. One could take that as a bullish outlook by Royal Caribbean that they don't "need" to sail from there going forward, but then again, Barbados could be part of some other release later on.

Rhapsody and Enchantment aren't committed for the winter of 2023 yet.  Radiance too after her Alaska season in 2022 but wrong ocean.

It seems like Grandeur is selling well for this winter.  Maybe they'll swap in a sister ship for the following year.

Barbados seemed like a last minute option when they decided to keep Grandeur and had nowhere for her to go. Seems to have actually sold well so maybe another ship will be there. Probably selling well with UK guests looking for winter sun, plenty of direct flights from the UK to Barbados, much more so than with some of the US ports.

Been looking and after a certain point Galveston is getting shafted on 7 night cruises. For 2023 the only 7 night destinations are Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. At least with Liberty you got to run Jamaica and Grand Cayman as one option. Right now it's looking like a step backwards worth a larger ship...

1 hour ago, MuttMutt said:

Been looking and after a certain point Galveston is getting shafted on 7 night cruises. For 2023 the only 7 night destinations are Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. At least with Liberty you got to run Jamaica and Grand Cayman as one option. Right now it's looking like a step backwards worth a larger ship...

There aren't many going to Mexico/Honduras from Port Canaveral, either.   So frustrating, because Falmouth just isn't a great destination.

Allure and Oasis class in general don't tender so GC isn't an option.  That limits options.  The same was observed the first time Allure was set to sail from Galveston.  Fortunately as the saying goes... the ship is the destination. Not ideal, but something.

12 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess it depends on your perspective. I would much rather go to Coz, Roatan and Costa Maya than GC and Falmouth.

Never been to GC but I did the Coz, Roatan, CM on Harmony 2 years ago, far better than Falmouth which is the worst port in the Caribbean. I don't know why Royal would choose to send cruises there than the ports around Mexico.

15 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Never been to GC but I did the Coz, Roatan, CM on Harmony 2 years ago, far better than Falmouth which is the worst port in the Caribbean. I don't know why Royal would choose to send cruises there than the ports around Mexico.

Some people just like Jamaica ??

My main issue is instead of expanding places to go they are removing them for trips leaving from Galveston. I agree that Falmouth doesn't habe a lot to offer unless you travel but removing it as an option and not putting something else in place is frustrating. 

I'm currently setup to do a B2B on Liberty because it will only visit 1 port twice in 2 weeks. There is no way I would do a B2B going to the same ports. 

And yes the ship is a part of the trip but I like to use it as a pleasant means to get to a dive site.  And I am sure others look at it in a similar way. I honestly would not be interested in a "trip to no where".

My main issue is instead of expanding places to go they are removing them for trips leaving from Galveston. I agree that Falmouth doesn't habe a lot to offer unless you travel but removing it as an option and not putting something else in place is frustrating. 

I hear you but Galveston, like Bayonne and Baltimore are geographically undesirable cruise ports because they're so far North of everything.  The limitation here is due to the port and where it's located combined with the ship and where it can stop.  

A lot of people would love 7 night ABC island cruises from Florida but it's too far so they can't do it.  Blame the ports in Florida for being too far away or blame the ships for not being fast enough.  Blame whatever you want the bottom line is you can't get there from here with the ships that are available.  

People in Texas desperately wanted Oasis class so Royal is moving one there.  You can want her to make a stop at the moon but it ain't gonna happen.