Symphony of the Seas Itinerary Change

I am currently scheduled to sail on Symphony of the Seas April 30, 2022. I just received an email yesterday saying they are dropping my stop in Puerto Rico...there was not explaination...and the slap in the face "compensation" according to the email we will arrive earlier at the next port after that.

What gives we are 400 plus days out and why such terrible compensation. They didn't even say they were refunding taxes and port fees. I called and they had no explanation

I'm sorry that happened to you, but Royal Caribbean's terms and conditions state that they are allowed to do that, and are not required to provide compensation at all. Hopefully the cruise will not have any other changes for you.

Advanced or Delayed Sailings and Changes in Itinerary

In the event of strikes, lockouts, riots, weather conditions or mechanical difficulties, or for any other reason whatsoever, Royal Caribbean Int’l may at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing or port of call and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another ship or port of call, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guests by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, deviation or substitution. Royal Caribbean Int’l shall not be responsible for any failure to adhere to the arrival and departure times published in this brochure for any of its ports of call.

While every effort will be made to adhere to the specifics shown for a cruise/Cruisetour, circumstances may necessitate changes or deviations therefrom. All schedules, itinerary destinations, hours of arrival and departure, hotel and/or conveyances, and other aspects of cruisetour programs are subject to change without prior notice. Neither Royal Caribbean International nor any affiliated party shall be required to refund any portion of fare or other charges or make any compensation under these circumstances.

Since this cruise is pretty far into the future, I wouldn't be surprised if the itinerary adjusts back in your favor between now and then.

Regardless of the specific ports of call, remember that you'll be enjoying one of the best boats in the fleet while sailing somewhere in the beautiful Caribbean, certainly not a bad situation to be in. ? 

I would expect taxes and fees to be refunded to the original form of payment, and if you have not paid in full, i would expect the total on the receipt to be reduced.  That's what happened to one of ours when the ports changed.  I would reach out to your travel agent to ensure the receipt is updated.

Stay Safe

On 2/25/2021 at 7:45 PM, GaryAA said:

We sail on 2/5/22 on the Symphony with a stop in Puerto Rico but have not received an email. Hopefully your original plans will be reinstated.

My wife and I are sailing on that date also, and I didn't receive an email about that port either. Maybe they just made a mistake.

We're the week after you and received the same email last week.  We're not losing sleep over it.  Actually we were not shocked.  It just seems like they are slowly creating a new itinerary.   I wonder if they come back and put Labadee back in for the day we were suppose to be in OSJ.  

We have gone so far from OSJ-Labadee-St. Thomas - Coco Cay to OSJ-St.Maarten-St.Thomas I coco Cay .  And now we are at St.marten - St Thomas - Coco Cay leaving the possibility for them to add in a new port. 

3 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

We're the week after you and received the same email last week.  We're not losing sleep over it.  Actually we were not shocked.  It just seems like they are slowly creating a new itinerary.   I wonder if they come back and put Labadee back in for the day we were suppose to be in OSJ.  

We have gone so far from OSJ-Labadee-St. Thomas - Coco Cay to OSJ-St.Maarten-St.Thomas I coco Cay .  And now we are at St.marten - St Thomas - Coco Cay leaving the possibility for them to add in a new port. 

At this point, I don't really care if we have 7 sea days! I'm just excited to get on Symphony!  But yes, I could see more changes coming but that's part of cruising just going with the flow.