Thoughts on not allowing kids under 18

Seymoure1991

Sadly, I do not think anyone will be cruising for quite a while.  I believe the clinical trials for children will have ended and all who want a vaccine will have access by the time we cruise.  If the vaccine is required to cruise, only those who can not or will not be vaccinated will not be allowed to cruise.

Of course, I do hope I’m wrong and cruises will begin much earlier.  In that case, vaccines will likely be required - even if that means the first cruises will be without children.

I don't think it will come to needing to ban anyone under 18 from cruising.

Soon enough it is likely that children will be approved for emergency vaccine use probably before people in the 18-65 without other conditions group is getting the vaccine in large numbers.  

At some point soon one of the vaccines will be available like the flu shot is... walk up and get one.  I suspect children will be approved before we reach that point.  

While it is still far too early to know anything, i do wonder how they will handle traveling parties.  We have a cruise on the schedule for August 2020, 3 rooms, 3 individual reservations, 1 kid under 16, all reservations are linked. If vaccines are required of all parties, but kids are not yet eligible, will they allow the other two rooms to cancel/rebook?  while we could still go and enjoy ourselves, it is not the vacation we have planned.  it'll be interesting.

Stay Safe

19 hours ago, Seymoure1991 said:

If the cruise lines don't allow kids under eighteen, can they survive. I think it would be a devastating effect. I mean if you don't want to sail with children, they have options for that.

Have they said they wont allow children? 

7 hours ago, DD474 said:

How did Scrooge McDuck make all his money?

a rubber plantation

7 hours ago, DD474 said:

How did Scrooge McDuck make all his money?

Well, according to Disney, “Goofy was created as a human character, as opposed to Pluto, who was a pet.” ... I mean, they're both dogs, but Goofy can actually communicate with others and walk on his two feet whereas Pluto can only bark and make somewhat discernible noises and has to walk on all fours. But why?

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

No, nor have they said they will require vaccinations.

Thanks Sharla 

I did think that but wasnt sure if i had missed something...guess its just all hearsay and our wild imaginations running wild until RC and CDC come out with whats actually happening and whats required